Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who do you -hate- the most from Smiling Proud Wanderers?

Default Who do you -hate- the most from Smiling Proud Wanderers?

SPW doesn't seem to have as many "I hate him so much, I want to skin him alive right now" type of characters. Do you have a passionate hatred for anyone from SPW?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Yue Lingshan ... maybe

Actually I really want to know how many people have feeling for her like hate her, like her or so-so.

I truly detest YBQ. All the things he did to LHC were quite unforgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Xing View Post
    Yue Lingshan ... maybe

Actually I really want to know how many people have feeling for her like hate her, like her or so-so.
    I really like Yue LingShan in the series. She is beautiful with great personality. Her only mistake is love a wrong guy...

The one that I really really hate is Lin Ping Chi. This guy deserves a slow and painful death for what he did to Yue Lingshan.....

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    YBQ?? The father of Yue Lingshan and master of LHC??
    He is cruel and deserves to die for what he did. Anyone has the right to kill him, but not LHC. LHC owed him big time because he is the one that raise and teach him martial art for all those years.... Without him, LHC might not exist...

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    I really like Yue LingShan in the series. She is beautiful with great personality. Her only mistake is love a wrong guy...

The one that I really really hate is Lin Ping Chi. This guy deserves a slow and painful death for what he did to Yue Lingshan.....
    Lin Pingzhi was just a spoil kid at the beginning of SPW and he seems getting better (e.g., less spoil) after he join Huashan Sect. Then I think he start getting worse (probably more obvious after LHC got+lost Bixie sword manual) and worst at the end of the novel. I think it might be interesting to discuss about when and why he changed himself from a good kid into a bad person.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Xing View Post
    Lin Pingzhi was just a spoil kid at the beginning of SPW and he seems getting better (e.g., less spoil) after he join Huashan Sect. Then I think he start getting worse (probably more obvious after LHC got+lost Bixie sword manual) and worst and the end of the novel. I think it is interesting to discuss about when and why he changed himself from a good kid into a bad person.
    I think it was when he realized that Yue Buqun, his master, had betrayed him. That was the straw the broke the camel's back, and resulted in him becoming unable to trust anyone at all (although he still thought very highly of Madame Yue).
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

i think Madame Yue & Shaolin abbot (& maybe wudang leader?) are the only people who's got a clean record :P.

Fang Sheng also seemed to be a very decent, enlightened sort of bloke. Of the laity though, Madam Yue would definitely be one of the best characters; even Ren Woxing respected her character, calling her 'straightforward and heroic', lumping her in together with Feng Qingyang and Linghu Chong amongst members of Huashan whom he respected. He quite accurately described her marriage to Yue Buqun as a "fresh flower stuck on a pile of shit".
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

In my opinion Yue Buqun, Zuo Lengchan and Ren Woxing are all the similar level of "badness". The difference is that Ren Woxing accept and anounce himself as a bad guy. In this aspect, he was quite "honest". Zou Lengchan try to make himself look good on outside but not good enough to hide his bad act & intention. On the other hands, Yue Buqun try to make himself look good from both outside and inside and seems to be the one who hide his bad act & intention the best.

Yeah, I don't have anyone I hate in SOD. Even YBQ. Yes he was evil, but so what?

I think JY really improved his characterizations of characters as his wuxia writing progressed. He broke through the mode of a narrow Chinese-based perspective and his reliance on the traditional Confucian mode of heroes such as Chen Jia Luo and Guo Jing.
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    Actually, in my opinion, YBQ seems to have good intention toward LHC before he feel that LHC was out of his control. Although he did things only to serve his purpose, his acts toward LHC seems to be a lot for LHC's benefit but not conflict with his personal interest (such as to get Bixie sword manual and to be leader of martial art world). Many of his teaching to LHC might not be the best for LHC but at least it seems to be a good teaching in his eyes (such as the Qi approach of Huashan sword).

Even later in the story when he consider LHC as his enemy, I feel that YBQ still had a mixed feeling toward LHC even when he did all bad things to LHC.

Zuo Lengchan, for what his Songshan school did to the Liu and Qu families, then the attack on the Huashan people, then the Hengshan people, and others which escape me right now. Lots of people are deceitful in SPW, but his Songshan school was sadistic to the point of pure villainy.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    "I hate him so much, I want to skin him alive right now" type of characters.
    Linghu Chung when he took that sword from Yue Lingshan on the shoulder and allowed Yue Buqun to do whatever the hell he wanted because he couldn't find his balls to stand up for himself and other people. That's the moment when I really wanted to skin him alive, regardless of how much I liked him before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Xing
    Even later in the story when he consider LHC as his enemy, I feel that YBQ still had a mixed feeling toward LHC even when he did all bad things to LHC.
    I think it's because YBQ didn't have a son and used to treat LHC as his own, which means that LHC would be his heir. Becoming the mengzhu of wulin and having no heir would be quite sad for him.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Yep, YBQ used to see LHC as his own son... the only thing was that LHC was not his type of person and they are quite destined to become enemies even if that's not LHC's intention.

As RWX said, Lin Pingzhi started becoming really bad after YBQ's betrayal.

OT, but I think YBQ and RWX's deaths are quite anti-climatic, especially the latter's. They plopped and died just like that! e.e;

I never read the books (though I read chapters 36-40 translations) so I don't know why so many people disliked YLS. It seems like her 'fault' was that she didn't love LHC, hmm... YLS and Ning Zhongze's deaths are very, very sad. I wonder if Lin Pingzhi ever truly cared for YLS before.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Indonesia, where people will trap you in a Big Dipper formation if you steal a chicken...

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Zuo Lengchan, for what his Songshan school did to the Liu and Qu families, then the attack on the Huashan people, then the Hengshan people, and others which escape me right now. Lots of people are deceitful in SPW, but his Songshan school was sadistic to the point of pure villainy.
    I second you on this. I literally wanted to skin them alive.
    It was often said, "Among horses, Chi Tu (Red Hare). Among retards, Lu Bu."

Vice-President of Wuji Haters Club!

Originator of "Wuv Kuddly Hamsty" activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    I never read the books (though I read chapters 36-40 translations) so I don't know why so many people disliked YLS. It seems like her 'fault' was that she didn't love LHC, hmm... YLS and Ning Zhongze's deaths are very, very sad. I wonder if Lin Pingzhi ever truly cared for YLS before.
    She just didn't really have anything good going for her that makes her likeable. Just a bland character. She tries to be a feisty one but she ends up more like Guo Fu (but not as extreme - so even more boring) rather than someone interesting like Zhao Min. Yet she rejected the only thing good that had ever happened to her (LHC). Dumb broad, although she didn't deserve to die like that. Maybe just getting old and lonely or something, biatching about a man drought and joining the local feminist club.

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    She just didn't really have anything good going for her that makes her likeable. Just a bland character. She tries to be a feisty one but she ends up more like Guo Fu (but not as extreme - so even more boring) rather than someone interesting like Zhao Min. Yet she rejected the only thing good that had ever happened to her (LHC). Dumb broad, although she didn't deserve to die like that. Maybe just getting old and lonely or something, biatching about a man drought and joining the local feminist club.
    Would that be your club?

Who else is in that club?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I'm in charge of the hot non-hairy lipstick division of that club.

I felt ZLC was much easier to hate than RWX and YBQ.

Didn't like YLS much. And frustrated at LHC sometimes. LPZ and his parents were also a bore. Qingcheng leader was also crap.

I think RWX summarised all the sect leaders nicely when they first met together.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.