Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Hong Gil Dong]Sung Yuri new project - Joseon Period Martial-Arts drama

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Default [Hong Gil Dong]Sung Yuri new project - Joseon Period Martial-Arts drama

Title: Hong Gil Dong
    Total episode: 24 (unconfirmed?)
    Airing date: January 2, 2008

Cast:

- Kang Ji Hwan as Hong Gil Dong
    - Sung Yu Ri as Heo Lee Nok
    - Jang Geun Suk as Lee Chang Hwui
    - Kim Ri Na as Seo Eun Hyo

What is it about:

Hong Gil Dong is the son of a high placed minister. Gil Dong practiced Taoist magic at a young age. His family feared him as he was too smart and his powers were too strong so tried to have him assassinated but with his powers, he escaped and decided to be a bandit leader, lead them and rob the bad officials who steal the money from the poor people by force so he could give this money to the poor citizens. This drama takes place in Joseon Period (Wiki D-Addicts)

Pictures: KBS website/Wiki D-Addicts

Main Poster
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/garrett850/hgd-main.jpg')

Hero
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/garrett850/hero.jpg')

Yuri in serious mode
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/garrett850/yuri1.jpg')

Yuri on green screen flying around hills, waterfalls etc
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/garrett850/yuri-green.jpg')

Yuri is cute and adorable - yay
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/garrett850/yuri03.jpg')
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 01-02-08 at 10:29 PM.

Korean doing martial art drama? lol....i hope it's better than most of their martial art.......

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Hope someone living in Korea can give early review for this drama, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    Hope someone living in Korea can give early review for this drama, anyone?
    Jon-doe, where are you?
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by SkyKing View Post
    Korean doing martial art drama? lol....i hope it's better than most of their martial art.......
    I'm sure its not going to break new ground or matching the quality of zhang ji zhong production.

For me, that's not the point, the point is, Sung Yuri in it, I'll watch anything with sung yuri even though she just sitting around doing nothing or just doing her fingernails hahaha.

Yay, Sung Yuri FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    Jon-doe, where are you?
    NYC.

If you want my impression, this is basically a manga-styled(but not manga-based) comedy. Visualize a manga-based Japanese dramas like Cutie Honey or Negima!, and you get the idea of what you are looking at.

Since this is supposed to be a silly comedy, don't take the wire-fu action seriously. They are meant to be jokes and none of actors have any training in martial arts.

The picture quality is excellent, but too much fantasy in here(Once again, not a serious historical drama).

What's impressive is Sung Yuri's acting. She is a real professional actress now, unlike her former singing mates Yi Hyori and Yi Jin who are still struggling, far from her old self who was the joke of town.
    Last edited by JonDoe; 01-07-08 at 01:19 AM.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe View Post
    What's impressive is Sung Yuri's acting. She is a real professional actress now, unlike her former singing mates Yi Hyori and Yi Jin who are still struggling, far from her old self who was the joke of town.
    thanx JonDoe, I only want to here about this news, cheers

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

d-addict S2 already release the sub (ep 01), get the raw from clubbox, happy watching, for me I'm waiting for torrent (I try the CB download but failed ), this is HD release so its 700MB in size for each episode

I'm watching this series right now. So far it is pretty good and funny! I download it from ClubBox with no problem. If you wanted to get the summary go to DramaBeans.com.
    LINGY

Review : Hong Guil Dong
    Cast :
    - Kang Ji Hwan as Hong Guil Dong - the outlaw
    - Sung Yuri as Hu Inok - the street tug/con-artist destined to be the future queen
    - Jang Geun Suk as Lee Chang Hwui - the exiled crown prince and future king
    - Kim Ri Na as Seo Eun Hyo - Sexy Hong Guil Dong stalker.

Plot : Fictionalized story of a historical outlaw and his merry band of bandits.

Review : Based on a story of a 15th century historical outlaw with a large following who left many legends, including a contemporary novelization of him as a Robin Hood figure on which this drama is based on, Hong sisters(My Girl and The Fantasy Couple fame) writes this comedy, which is not exactly as funny as The Fantasy Couple but very entertaining nevertheless.

The plotline and interpersonal conflict is quite complex compared to Hong sisters's previous works, as Hong Guil Dong the Robin Hood and his band of bandits battle a secret and powerful cult of Prince Lee, the exiled crown prince and the rightful heir to the throne who in turn is battling the current evil and ruthless king, his stepbrother. Prince Lee himself is not evil(actually quite compassionate to common folks), but his guardian and henchmen are out of their blind royalty to him and will do anything to achieve their objective of reclaiming the throne, including killing innocent bystanders if necessary. It is Prince Lee's henchmen's ruthless actions plus Hong Guil Dong's inferiority complex toward the legitimate borns like Prince Lee that drives Hong Guil Dong to battle Prince Lee. Hong Guil Dong actually feels sorry for the current king, because Hong thinks he's threatened of his throne only because of his birth(The king is an illegitimate son like Hong). Furthermore, Hong Guil Dong even stands to lose his love interest and sidekick Hu Inok(played by Sung Yuri) to Prince Lee, as it is strongly hinted that Hu Inok(played by Sung Yuri) is destined to be a queen by fate.
    Clearly, not a simple plotline.

The show starts out funny as hell, Hong sisters' quality writing guarantees that. The laughs do go away after a few episodes and the story gets serious, and at this point it's unpredictable what would happen next, an incredible feat considering this story is based on a centurys old novel that everyone had read and remade into countless shows and movies. It's like watching a "Hamlet" drama and not knowing what would happen next, very difficult to do indeed. Quality of writing wise it's first-class effort.

I can't say the same about the acting, mainly the male lead playing Hong Guil Dong whose acting is stiff and unnatural. I hear he was the last minute replacement after another big name actor(The lead of Seodongyo) pulled out two weeks prior to the start of production. But then again, the original lead wasn't that good at acting either(just looks better). On the other hand, Sung Yuri's acting really really shines here. Her comedy acting is about 90% as good as Han Yeosul's Jo Anna in The Fantasy Couple(I can't say 100% because Han Yeosul's acting was one of a kind effort that not even Han Yeosul herself was able to duplicate again). Sung Yuri fans will love this show.

So should you watch it or not? Being a Hong sister written drama means quality that you can count on. The 1st episode is kinda silly, but overlook it and you will enjoy yourself from 2nd episode and onward. Just remember that it is not supposed to be an authentic historical drama.
    Last edited by JonDoe; 01-31-08 at 12:56 PM.

never know sung yu ri in it.. should watch it earlier.. as i know it now.. gonna watch it tonight on kbs world..
    ARASHI FOR DREAM...

Quote Originally Posted by Leen_zhihai View Post
    never know sung yu ri in it.. should watch it earlier.. as i know it now.. gonna watch it tonight on kbs world..
    same here...didn't recognize her from the poster.....she look way different from her other good looking self..

yup.. she looks so different in the poster..
    ARASHI FOR DREAM...

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

What time and what day on KBS World? - I assume you're watching it on Astro, is it?

TIA
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 02-13-08 at 03:10 AM.

yup. on astro..

it's at 9pm wednesday and thursday.. happy watching..
    ARASHI FOR DREAM...

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

yup. on astro..

it's at 9pm wednesday and thursday.. happy watching..
    terimakasih and happy voting for the new election (if you're eligible for it)

Anyone noe whether veoh got upload this drama with sub??

I dowan to dl from d-addicts coz very and soompi uploaded it in megaupload which make me hard to dl it.. Pls tell me if u noe where can i watch it. Thanks;. Too bad i didnt have astro ..T_T

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by beans View Post
    Anyone noe whether veoh got upload this drama with sub??

I dowan to dl from d-addicts coz very and soompi uploaded it in megaupload which make me hard to dl it.. Pls tell me if u noe where can i watch it. Thanks;. Too bad i didnt have astro ..T_T
    You can watch or download it from veoh (but I thing its the raw version), you need to download the softsub from d-addict.

You can also try stage6, crunchyroll or if you're lucky from youtube

Thanks.. Veoh got but all of them is RAW.. so its useless, hehe.. Okey, i think i'll juz dl it from soompi.. Thank you.

Well, the show turns "tragic".

Hu Inok discovers the truth about her past(That Hong Gildong's father killed her parents), and Hong Gildong's father tries to assassinate Inok to cover up the past. Inok's adoptive grandpa dies to save her, and furious Inok trusts her sword at Hong Gildong's father in vengence, but Hong Gildong throws himself in the way and takes the sword for his father.

The bridge between Inok and Hong Gildong is burned beyond the point of return.