Thread: How off is HSDS86 from the book?

Default How off is HSDS86 from the book?

I'm watching HSDS86 right now so I just want to know how loyal it is to the book. I started to get a little confused because they rushed Tony into the series (well it was episode 13...) and it was 5 years later. I guess it's sensible for Tony to act 15 years old but why is Yang Buhui still a little girl...how much younger is she than Wuji?

From what I know, Yan Lei wasn't suppose to die at all on Snake Island. She returns and scares ZZR.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    From what I know, Yan Lei wasn't suppose to die at all on Snake Island. She returns and scares ZZR.
    But that's from the later editions, right?

Yang Buhui is quite a bit younger than ZWJ--if I remember correctly, she was 7/8 when he was around 15 or something.
    Last edited by dewyloony123; 01-03-08 at 01:38 AM.
    ZOMG I'm back! Did ya miss me? (yeah, probably didn't...)

I heard there was a secret chord
    That David played, and it pleased the Lord.

can't imagine tony acting as a 15 year old though
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzy1972 View Post
    can't imagine tony acting as a 15 year old though
    Tony is 45 right now and in 1986 he was 23...we can say that ZWJ is a mature-looking teen, lol!

Not up to this part yet but thanks, SS. Is this it? I heard that the 86 ver is fairly good at following the book so I'm not very worried.

Yang Buhui is quite a bit younger than ZWJ--if I remember correctly, she was 7/8 when he was around 15 or something.
    Thank you too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Tony is 45 right now and in 1986 he was 23...we can say that ZWJ is a mature-looking teen, lol!
    Plus Tony Leung is known for having boyish looks, which are commented on even now. The difference between Zhang Wuji and Yang Buhui in the 86 version wasn't that unrealistic.

Right now I'm up to episode 17 and I note that Yang Buhui has already changed actors to a grown lady and Zhang Wuji is at the cliff place learning 9Yang. How long has it been since they parted? A few years already?

Right now I'm up to episode 17 and I note that Yang Buhui has already changed actors to a grown lady and Zhang Wuji is at the cliff place learning 9Yang. How long has it been since they parted? A few years already?
    Call it at least 5. YBH and ZWJ parted, then ZWJ met the Zhus. Some time after that, he fled and fell down the cliff, where he found 9yang. He then trained in 9yang for 5 years before leaving the valley.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Call it at least 5. YBH and ZWJ parted, then ZWJ met the Zhus. Some time after that, he fled and fell down the cliff, where he found 9yang. He then trained in 9yang for 5 years before leaving the valley.
    Oh...wow I can't believe he spent 5 whole years in that valley...I probably can't even stay still 5 minutes in there. Well, at least he learned 9Yang.

Oh...wow I can't believe he spent 5 whole years in that valley...I probably can't even stay still 5 minutes in there. Well, at least he learned 9Yang.
    As you can see, Cheung Mo Kei had a very pathetic lonesome childhood. 10 years on a deserted island, 10 years in that place with the old guy, and 5 years in that valley with a gorilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    As you can see, Cheung Mo Kei had a very pathetic lonesome childhood. 10 years on a deserted island, 10 years in that place with the old guy, and 5 years in that valley with a gorilla.
    What? Isn't it 10 years on a deserted island, 5 years with a Divine Physican,and then 5 years in cave with a big ape/gorilla eating fruits and roasted fishes. I think he was about 20 when he finally met his cousin and Mie Jue Shi Tai and etc.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

What? Isn't it 10 years on a deserted island, 5 years with a Divine Physican,and then 5 years in cave with a big ape/gorilla eating fruits and roasted fishes. I think he was about 20 when he finally met his cousin and Mie Jue Shi Tai and etc.
    Yeah that's probably what it is.

Yeah, I am most likely wrong. Still, that is a lonesome 20 years or so then.