Thread: If Great A was put into Great B's situation, how would Great A react?

Default If Great A was put into Great B's situation, how would Great A react?

LOCH is famous for the 4 (or 5) Greats. As interesting as GJ/HR are, LOCH wouldn't be LOCH if it weren't for the Greats.

What would happen if the following situations happened:

HYS/YD/OYF instead of H7G when H7G first met GJ + HR together and was baited by the chicken? Would they teach GJ anything, or would this be the death of GJ?

HYS/YD had to share a boat with OYF + snakes and him intent on getting 9Yin from GJ? How would they cope? And then sharing an island with OYF?

YD/H7G to replace HYS in all his dealings with LMC, would LMC be still alive?

If HYS/H7G/OYF found out their loved one was messing around with WYS's brother ZBT? Would ZBT's legs still be there?

etc. etc.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

LMC would be toast if it was H7G...
    TaZzY InC

If you put OYF in any of those situations, I think someone would die... really fast.

I believe H7G would've killed LMC in place of HYS when they first met in the woods when CY was running in the woods. I doubt YD would take LMC's life, although he might relinquish her of her martal arts.

Oh, and when replacing people with YD, shouldn't we do it before he became YD and was still king?
    秋风清,秋风明;落叶聚还散,寒鸦栖复惊。相思相见知何日,此时此夜难为情

if he was still king, LMC would be toast... if not like wat u said LMC will be LMC toothless without the MA
    TaZzY InC

Ironically, East Heretic Wong Yerk See had more of a reputation for being "cruel" than North Beggar Hung 7 Gung or South Emperor 1 Deng, but quite a few here seem to believe that Hung 7 Gung or 1 Deng would have killed Lee Mok Sau where Wong Yerk See spared her several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Ironically, East Heretic Wong Yerk See had more of a reputation for being "cruel" than North Beggar Hung 7 Gung or South Emperor 1 Deng, but quite a few here seem to believe that Hung 7 Gung or 1 Deng would have killed Lee Mo Sau where Wong Yerk See spared her several times.
    They met first at the beginning of LOCH, but HYS had to let her go in order to take care of the poisoned Cheng Ying.

The second time, HYS actually -failed- to kill her using music (due to the last string breaking), and released her because he felt it was beneath his stature to kill her after 'failing' to do so the first time. So it was pride, not mercy, which caused him to spare her....which is a very HYS'ish trait.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Ironically, East Heretic Wong Yerk See had more of a reputation for being "cruel" than North Beggar Hung 7 Gung or South Emperor 1 Deng, but quite a few here seem to believe that Hung 7 Gung or 1 Deng would have killed Lee Mo Sau where Wong Yerk See spared her several times.
    He has an even better reputation of defying mainstream. If H7G or 1D would've killed LMC, that alone gives HYS good enough reason to spare her.

The first time I saw ROCH many, many years ago, the first new thing I was exposed to (like everybody else who knows the story) was Lee Mok Sau: a new menace that had arisen during the years between the end of LOCH and the beginning of ROCH that everybody was afraid of. In the first episode of ROCH '83, Lee Mok Sau was sold to us an unstoppable menace: killing anyone she pleased and terrorizing all of wulin. I remember thinking to myself, "Just wait until one of the Greats show up; THEY'LL teach this cruel witch a lesson!" I wondered which Great she would encounter: would it be East Heretic Wong Yerk See? North Beggar Hung 7 Gung? Gwok Jing? I also found myself slightly worried that maybe even a Great wouldn't be able to handle her (hey: it was my first exposure to the story, and until Wong Yerk See showed up and schooled her, she WAS pwning everyone else she fought).

I was kind of hoping it would be Wong Yerk See, but I figured he wouldn't show up because he took FOREVER to show up in LOCH and only made very rare appearances. I was pleasantly surprised when, out of the blue, Wong Yerk See showed up and humbled Lee Mok Sau right when it seemed like she would finish her day of terror by killing little Luk Mo Seung and Ching Ying.

I regretted that later on, Lee Mok Sau had no encounters with Hung 7 Gung or Gwok Jing. I would have really liked to see her fight these two. At the time, she was the ultimate wulin menace (the Golden Wheel Monk and his cohorts not having debuted yet), and Hung 7 Gung and Gwok Jing were its top heroes. I was hoping that one of the two heroes would bring Lee Mok Sau to justice.

Unfortunately, Lee Mok Sau never met Hung 7 Gung, and her only encounter with Gwok Jing was at a distance.

I think HYS, H7G and Duan would want to kill her. The question is what LMC will use to cheat death and how they react to it. HYS's pride got the better of him, what about H7G's forgiving nature and the fact he have to kill a miserable female, and pre-monk Duan might fall to LMC's complexion.

On ZBT mucking around with Great's wives, H7G would probably forgive especially in the face of WCY, OYF would eventually find away to kill ZBT when WCY has his back turned, HYS - not too sure, but probably a bit more than a few broken legs, HYS has no reservations of hurting ZBT even in front of WCY.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Yi Deng would not have permanently crippled his students.

I regretted that later on, Lee Mok Sau had no encounters with Hung 7 Gung or Gwok Jing. I would have really liked to see her fight these two. At the time, she was the ultimate wulin menace (the Golden Wheel Monk and his cohorts not having debuted yet), and Hung 7 Gung and Gwok Jing were its top heroes. I was hoping that one of the two heroes would bring Lee Mok Sau to justice.
    Were it in DGSD, the fight would be like this:

The Great kicks Li Mochou while fighting 10 other people, Li Mochou dies after one stance.

or the SPW version:

The Great whirls by. Before anyone could see it, Li Mochou falls down dead with her mouth open; 17 different tiny holes had been poked by the Great.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Hong Qi had largely retired from Jiang Hu like his equals (Huang Yaoshi, Yi Deng). Guo Jing and Huang Rong had greater matters to deal with than Wulin affairs. There really was a power vacuum so far as Wulin was concerned. Yang Guo filled that vacuum after Xiao Longnu disappeared.