Thread: How would Yeung Gor feel about men such as Luk Siu Fung and Chor Lau Heung?

Default How would Yeung Gor feel about men such as Luk Siu Fung and Chor Lau Heung?

One of Yeung Gor's big hang ups was men who were unfaithful to women. During the sixteen years that Yeung Gor wandered the world as the "Divine Condor Hero," he punished scores of such men...most famously the member of the San Sai Ghosts whose ear he cut off for being unfaithful to his wife.

Gu Long heroes Luk Siu Fung and Chor Lau Heung were known for having multiple paramours. How would Yeung Gor react to such men? On the one hand, they were valiant heroes who were model gentlemen in every other way. On the other hand, they were known to be lady's men. Would Yeung Gor respect their heroism and overlook that one fault of theirs, or would he go after them the same way he went after that one San Sai Ghost?

for that matter, what would yeung gor have thought of duen yu or duen ching shun?

i'll hazard a guess that while yeung gor would not have been the best of friends with either luk siu fung or chor lau heung, he'd at least have some grudging respect for all their good deeds for the benefit of mo-lam.

i think it's implied that the men yeung gor went after were generally bad eggs and did other equally unsavoury things that were beyond redemption. i think these men would have reminded him of gung-suen chi and all the suffering he endured under his hands.
    nostalgic for wuxiasociety? http://wuxiasociety.freeforums.net/

Quote Originally Posted by mawguy View Post
    for that matter, what would yeung gor have thought of duen yu or duen ching shun?
    Yeung Gor probably wouldn't have any problems with Deun Yu after witnessing the slavish devotion that Deun Yu shows towards Wong Yu Yin. Deun Jing Tsun, on the other hand, would be a huge problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    One of Yeung Gor's big hang ups was men who were unfaithful to women. During the sixteen years that Yeung Gor wandered the world as the "Divine Condor Hero," he punished scores of such men...most famously the member of the San Sai Ghosts whose ear he cut off for being unfaithful to his wife.

Gu Long heroes Luk Siu Fung and Chor Lau Heung were known for having multiple paramours. How would Yeung Gor react to such men? On the one hand, they were valiant heroes who were model gentlemen in every other way. On the other hand, they were known to be lady's men. Would Yeung Gor respect their heroism and overlook that one fault of theirs, or would he go after them the same way he went after that one San Sai Ghost?
    Even if he wanted to, can he really do anything to CLH or LSF? I believe those two are much more skilled in quickness than Yeung Gor aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Even if he wanted to, can he really do anything to CLH or LSF? I believe those two are much more skilled in quickness than Yeung Gor aren't they?
    It's always hard to compare Jin Yong and Gu Long fighters, but I think it would be a great fight between Yeung Gor and either of them.

Luk Siu Fung and Chor Lau Heung were among the best hing gung practitioners of their respective wulin eras, but Yeung Gor, as an Ancient Tomb Sect disciple, was not weak in the hing gung department either.

In any case, Luk Siu Fung or Chor Lau Heung would not be nearly as easy for Yeung Gor to get an ear off of as that San Sai Ghost dude.

IMO, Yang Guo would admire them both and vice versa as they are sort of 識 英 雄 重 英 雄 style. BTW, how would this saying be translated thoroughly?

I would think Yang Guo would have no issues with CLX and LXF. Yang Guo was after womanisers and unfaithful men, but CLX and LXF weren't that. If anyone really knew them, they would know they respected woman more than anyone else and never intentionally attracted any woman for their own benefit. They may have flirted with woman to get their mystery solved, but at the end of the day, they never really hurt any. I believe Yang Guo would respect that.

I think that while CLX and LXF did have multiple girlfriends, they tended to have just one real serious girl at a time, while the rest were just groupies, in much the same way Gongsun Luer, Cheng Ying and Lu Wushuang were with Yang Guo. When LXF and CLX changed partners, it was usually because the previous one passed away (although LXF - or more accurately Gu Long - did leave Ouyang Qing high and dry). I don't any of their girlfriends would have had any grudge or anger against any of them which would bring their relationship to Yang Guo's attention.