6 28.57%
  • BGMFNO4 - O Ben Do Em Cuoi

8 38.10%
  • BGMFNO5 - Sha Po Lang

0 0%
  • BGMFNO6 - Shang Xian Yue

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SPCNET Idol Final (Background Music)

Very tough choices. I actually really liked 5 and 6 as well, but it looks like it's between 1,3,and 4 so I decided to put my vote where it might make a difference.

3 still has the great voice, but this time 4 sounded a notch better to my ears. It was really a coin flip, but if the song was One Person Has One Dream this time, I would have voted for 3. This time, the song choice for 3 just didn't register with me that much. Sorry, you guys all sound really good, I have to resort to nitpicking in order to rank one entry above another...

Good luck!

------

An explanation about my entry (2). I included the explanation with my entry, but I guess not everyone sent in a msg with their entries, so my message wasn't publicized.

I knew it was probably not a smart song choice, but I decided to go with a song that I truly cared about rather than a catchier or more popular song. I am a big Beyond fan and this song was written by Steve Wong Ka Keung for his brother, former lead singer Wong Ka Kui, after his passing. Since fun comes first for this competition, I decided to with my heart.

Sorry about the very long intro. I tried to warn everyone in my msg. Hehe.

Also, I use a headphone mic, so I was not far from the mic. It could be that my voice just didn't mesh well with the music. This song is one of the few Beyond songs that I can sing (most are too high for me), so I didn't wanna miss the chance. Most K places I have been to don't even have any Beyond songs available... ><
    This account is retired.

Nice a 3-way battle is brewing between 1, 3 and 4.

i thought Number 3 song choice didn't do justice to her voice.

In my humble opinion, "O Ben Do Em Cuoi" and "Close Under The Starlight" are both bona fide professional grade singing/recording. IMO, they were the strongest candidates with their respective entries in Round 1, and it is no surprise that their Final entries are equally awesome.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Sorry to necro this thread - but does anyone know what "Close under the starlight" is in Chinese, and who sang it? I know the song, but I just can't remember who sang it, and it's driving me nuts! =)

Edit: - nvm, found it! It's 繾綣星光下 by Shirley Kwan!
    Last edited by Ian Liew; 03-23-11 at 04:27 PM.