Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Korean singer Rain selected to sing Beijing Olympics 2008 Theme Song

I love Rain, no offense but I do think that the Beijing Olympic 2008 Song should be sing by a Chinese, not a Korean popstar, no matter how popular he was.

I think this is just a rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    what's wrong with "mo li hua"?
    nothing except i remember at the athens olympics, the girl they chose to sing could not hold a tune. I may not be a nicki webster fan, but she can sing

anyway i think it is just a rumour. i think hell would unleash itself if they selected a non chinese singer

or at least... i will murder someone *better stay away guys*

but you know there were the earlier olympic songs by Bibi Zhou and i didn't like any of them either

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    nothing except i remember at the athens olympics, the girl they chose to sing could not hold a tune. I may not be a nicki webster fan, but she can sing

anyway i think it is just a rumour. i think hell would unleash itself if they selected a non chinese singer

or at least... i will murder someone *better stay away guys*

but you know there were the earlier olympic songs by Bibi Zhou and i didn't like any of them either
    I vouch my vote for miss 0-0-0 to sing the themesong at Beijing olympics, she has such a great voice !
    내가 황제라면, 모든 단어에 의미를 부여하기 위해 사전을 만드는 일 부터 시작할 것이다.

AkA: strife_au in the old mythic golden era of SPCNET pre-2007... Pioneer and architect of chaos... The legend lives.

What?!?!!?! They didn't pick William "She Bangs" Hung Hing-Cheung?
    This is an outrage ! ! ! !
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Got this from Popseoul..

Unexpectedly, Rain turned down the golden opportunity to sing for the 2008 Beijing Olympics. He reasoned that it makes more sense for a Chinese singer to be the voice of the 2008 Olympics, but he is planning another event for the Olympics. Glad to see the shrimp eyed star starting off the year on the right foot. Let’s hope that it lasts.
    Unfortunately, Rain’s announcement will end the cyber war among the Chinese and Korean netizens who are currently getting carried away at their keyboards to express their conflicting opinions. No more entertainment for those indifferent observers.
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Quote Originally Posted by cristal entity View Post
    I vouch my vote for miss 0-0-0 to sing the themesong at Beijing olympics, she has such a great voice !
    what a joke!

i maintain my stance that this is some stirred up rumour. i mean, sure rain is popular and all, but i think the chinese have more pride than that, and hopefully less stupidity than that

Oh just great. Now the real singer is going to be labeled as 'second choice'. Delightful, really.

But then again, the source IS "popseoul"...hmm...

Im not even Chinese and can see it's quite rediculous considering a Kor singer to sing the theme song. I mean, atleast get someone from China wheter it be a minority or what not. lmao

But knowing Rain, he'd prolly be a no-show like his other recent concert tours.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    Got this from Popseoul..

Unexpectedly, Rain turned down the golden opportunity to sing for the 2008 Beijing Olympics. He reasoned that it makes more sense for a Chinese singer to be the voice of the 2008 Olympics, but he is planning another event for the Olympics. Glad to see the shrimp eyed star starting off the year on the right foot. Let’s hope that it lasts.
    Unfortunately, Rain’s announcement will end the cyber war among the Chinese and Korean netizens who are currently getting carried away at their keyboards to express their conflicting opinions. No more entertainment for those indifferent observers.
    then, who is singing? go get some good chinese singer.

Got this from Popseoul..

C'mon, even Rain knows this is not sensible, so I don't the Olympic organizer is that stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by libby96 View Post
    then, who is singing? go get some good chinese singer.
    Vicky Zhao Wei I think

Got this from Popseoul..

Hold on !! Don't you guys think this second piece of information is also a rumour to put out the fire of the first rumour ?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbaby View Post
    Vicky Zhao Wei I think
    Indeed, and she can sing "You Yi Ge Gu Niang".

Yeah, the news is false..Rain's entertainment company confirmed it. Just some Chinese company (unrelated to Olympics) asked him to record a candidate song or something.

And Rain himself said of course, he would to sing if selected (ha, yeah right he's so generous to reject it as some other paper said).

Wonder who it is going to be now. I suspect Andy Lau or Jacky Cheung are potential candidates.

First excuse my ignorance of Chinese singers but they could use Jane Zhang(some girl I found on youtube) And she should wear the same outfit too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0AEfAVDOX8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMYFqhXIW1o
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by cristal entity View Post
    here here!

Got this from Popseoul..

from Asianbite.com

Korean pop singer and actor Rain has not been chosen to perform the 2008 Beijing Olympics theme song, according to his management agency J Tunes.

J Tunes issued the clarification, after reports surfaced that Rain would be performing the theme song for the Olympics this summer. ``An agency in China asked Rain to record a 'candidate' song for the Olympics, but we have not yet recorded any song,'' J Tunes said.

Quote Originally Posted by yearning View Post
    Oh just great. Now the real singer is going to be labeled as 'second choice'. Delightful, really.

But then again, the source IS "popseoul"...hmm...
    There is no satisfying these haters. First you all say it's not right for Rain to do it, but when you hear news that he rejected the gig you guys complain that the one they'll chose next is a 'second choice'. Then when you hear the news that it was a rumor, you all talk shit about Rain. There really is no satisfying you guys. Rain didn't offer to do this, he was OFFERED or ASKED. Don't talk shit about Rain, talk shit about the Chinese agency that is in charge of this!

On a side note, I really hope it's not Vicki.

See , I told you the Olympics organiser cannot be that thick. It is just some stupid no name company in China that caused this confusion on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    There is no satisfying these haters. First you all say it's not right for Rain to do it, but when you hear news that he rejected the gig you guys complain that the one they'll chose next is a 'second choice'. Then when you hear the news that it was a rumor, you all talk shit about Rain. There really is no satisfying you guys. Rain didn't offer to do this, he was OFFERED or ASKED. Don't talk shit about Rain, talk shit about the Chinese agency that is in charge of this!

Lol, I talk shit about that Usher-wannabe looooong before this. This is just another great opportunity for me. Doesn't matter if he was offered/asked, or whatever, he doesn't have enough talent to be even considered for this in my opinion. Which is why it's absolutely absurd for the initial news to come out.

The Chinese agency...are not as annoying and always in my face all the time, don't have enough interest to talk shit about them.

And besides, for all we know, it is another happy little publicity stunt for Rain. (no need to kill me Rain fans...But yeah if you feel the need, go ahead and flood my PM =P)
    Last edited by yearning; 01-09-08 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post

You must be a fan?

SPCNET Karaoke Corner