Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Wuxia RPG Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Want your opinion, guys.

Is it possible to have 0/10 internal power and 2/10 lightness kungfu?
    Sure, but only in short distance movement.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Want your opinion, guys.

Is it possible to have 0/10 internal power and 2/10 lightness kungfu?
    Not really, unless it's all muscular power.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Sure, but only in short distance movement.
    Hmm. Different opinion woh.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-18-08 at 01:25 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox View Post
    I think it's possible to have zero internal energy (or maybe someothing like 0.2 ) and decent qing gong. I based it on a few wuxia characters like Xiao Longnu and Lin Pingzhi. At the beginning of ROCH, her internal was like 2, and her qing gong was like 8. Lin Pingzhi had almost ZERO internal energy, but his speed was incredible.

They were only good at short distance movement though. They wouldn't last in a long distance race.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Ok, I currently put every martial art related skill as 0/10. I'll change after u guys come to a consensus.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

While my character's skill ratings are all very high, she's not meant to be someone like Tianshan Tonglao or Li Qiushui. She's more of the defensive type and not-so-marvellous attacking capabilities, but has the ability to get away from tight situations whenever she wants.

Just making it clear so that nobody will mistake her to be a super fighter.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

We shouldn't allow 0/10 values as its impossible for a person to have no ability in something. Even a random punch can be considered a form of martial art. I don't know if zero internal is possible though, wouldn't that person be dead if he didn't have at least a miniscule amount of internal energy?

I disagree on the whole GM idea. It'll slow down the pace of the story too much. Not a good idea if we want to keep everyone interested and engaged in the plot. I suggest that if we're going to type something long, post first writing 'Booked' or 'Writing in process' and then go to edit and start writing. That way we can ensure no one is posting while you are writing. What do you guys think?

And may I ask again, when do you guys want to start? I have no objections to ideas whatsoever. I'm free next week so I can commit a lot if you guys want to. Any comments?

i'm ready to go
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

I'm ready too

Time to destroy Kong Dong

May I suggest a Wulin conference to start? It's better than randomly bumping into each other
    Last edited by creamcheese007; 01-18-08 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by creamcheese007 View Post
    I'm ready too

Time to destroy Kong Dong

May I suggest a Wulin conference to start? It's better than randomly bumping into each other
    Hey your character is my shidi but he has better internal than me. Do you want to lower it to 5? Or maybe on par with me at 6?

how about there's a wulin conference to discuss the whole being hunted down thing and then we bumo into each other, in town, while waiting for it to start
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

Quote Originally Posted by Allen D View Post
    how about there's a wulin conference to discuss the whole being hunted down thing and then we bumo into each other, in town, while waiting for it to start
    Yea, that's what I meant lol

Ai ai, I'll tone it down to 6

Quote Originally Posted by Allen D View Post
    If that's what you guys want, alright. But I personally think that it's not what Wulin Pugilists would do. If they gather up then the chance of them getting ambushed is very very high. Maybe we could set up an ambush? And who should be the Wulin leader? Wudang Hero 2?

Since there was talk of a inn maybe make it like before the meeting, everyone are to gather in the inn provided by whoever's hosting the meeting.

An ambush near the end of the conference would be nice

I don't think we'll make any progress by sitting here. We already have 20+ characters so I guess I'll make the start. Some of you might say I'm rushing it but I think it's necessary. We already got the base of the plot, the characters, and now we just need someone to pull the trigger. I'll post the first entry at 6PM.

The sky of the night was almost perfectly dark. It would have reached perfection if it wasn't for the circular moon which stood out right in the middle of the pitch black sky. The darkness of the sky represents that of the evil; Zhu Yuan Zhang. The moon represents the many Wulin Pugilists that has gathered in this city.

Fang Wudi and two of his disciples walked into the grand Yi Tian Tao Long Inn, the biggest restaurant in the whole city. It was already packed with many heroes from all over the country. Wudi's giant foot made loud noises as he walked towards a vacant table across the room. As he passed by each table random people greeted him respectfully by cupping their fists together. Some acquaintances greeted him verbally. When they got to the table Wudi sat down first and his underlings followed.

"Waiter!" shouted one of Wudi's disciples. A few seconds later a young pale waiter approached their table.

"Ye...yessir? How ma...may I help you?" stuttered the waiter. It was obvious that this young lad was scared because of the sudden appearance of so many highly skilled Wulin heroes, most of which are scary looking.

Wudi cleared his throat and spoke for the first time in a clear and loud voice, "3 bowls of beef noodle for me." Wudi had only said a few simple words and he spoke in his usual tone but it seemed to have stuck fear in the waiter who's legs are now trembling.

"An...and yo...you two si...sirs?"

"We'll take two bowls of rice and a couple of good dishes please," spoke the disciple who had spoken before. The waiter straightened his legs and disappeared immediately.

Everyone were talking quietly amongst their table until someone suddenly appeared at the door...

Please discuss at CC's Discussion Thread from now on. This thread is strictly for the story posts.
    Last edited by Tom; 01-18-08 at 07:37 PM.

Well, I just posted the first part. What do you guys think?

I say make another story thread all together, that one's already spammed with comments and stuff

Not necessarily. As long as we don't spam it now I think it's okay. But I'm okay with anything as long as you guys are okay.