Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Wuxia RPG Discussion Thread

Massive props for the intro:

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    The sky of the night was almost perfectly dark. It would have reached perfection if....
    The first sentences sounds like a parody of Gu Long,
    while the second sentence sounds like a reference to SWORD GOD.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Thanks PJ. I was sort of stuck at the first paragraph for a little bit. I wanted to start it off in a GL style.

The silent night was freezing cold. But it is still not as cold as the human heart. (I wanted to describe ZYZ and what he's doing)

was what came to mind but I thought I remember reading that in GL so I decided against it. I don't want to be called a plagiarizer.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    The first sentences sounds like a parody of Gu Long,
    while the second sentence sounds like a reference to SWORD GOD.
    LMAO

You and your sword god lol

ok so just finished reading the first stories, how would this work though? do we just keep on adding passage to the stories or is there some kind of turn or something?

Add passages but keep it coherent to the previous passage(s). Prevent as little inconsistencies as possible and use player profile for character references. Since you're new, it might help to wait and read a couple more passages before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox View Post
    Not really, unless it's all muscular power.
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Sure, but only in short distance movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangs View Post
    We shouldn't allow 0/10 values as its impossible for a person to have no ability in something. Even a random punch can be considered a form of martial art. I don't know if zero internal is possible though, wouldn't that person be dead if he didn't have at least a miniscule amount of internal energy?
    ok, I've change my spec to

Inner Power: 0.5/10
    Lightness : 1/10
    Techniques : 2/10

Please note that my character has not been formally or informally trained in martial art at all. That's why I asked about the inner power. So, is the inner power low enough for an untrained person? Is the lightness skill too high? His techniques are higher because he's good at copying.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

If that's what you guys want, alright. But I personally think that it's not what Wulin Pugilists would do. If they gather up then the chance of them getting ambushed is very very high. Maybe we could set up an ambush? And who should be the Wulin leader? Wudang Hero 2?
    We really can't get away from Jin Yong canon, can we?

Is a Jin Yong character going to play a major role again? What's with always following Jin Yong setting strictly? I thought we are just using the sect names and some history as basis. Are we going to call back Zhao Min and Zhang Wu Ji like in RPG2?
    Last edited by kidd; 01-18-08 at 10:09 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

So we're all gonna post our story stuff in the first thread?

Maybe we need a new Unabridged thread again... but I dunno who's gonna be so helpful this time... we were stuck at Post #300++ back in RPG #2.

OK, I'll start posting in the thread Ultimate Wuxia RPG! until we come up with a new thread and vote to move everything over.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    We really can't get away from Jin Yong canon, can we?

Is a Jin Yong character going to play a major role again? What's with always following Jin Yong setting strictly? I thought we are just using the sect names and some history as basis. Are we going to called back Zhao Min and Zhang Wu Ji like in RPG2?
    Well since this is a fiction, they could basically pull characters out of nowhere. Borrowing JY characters occasionally isn't such a bad idea.

Default The Story Has Started!

Everyone were talking quietly amongst their table until someone suddenly appeared at the door...[/B]
    A young maiden hopped in lightly, giving a silly grin. She wore a dirty tunic and pants patched in several places, and her outer garment looked like some curtain pulled off from somewhere. Her untidy hair was tied sloppily behind, but her face was clean.

Fang Wudi was stirred briefly and thought, "She's pretty! Why is she dressed that way? Ah! She must be the Beggars' Clan Elder Zhuo!"

The girl slapped the shiny steel rod on a table and hopped onto a seat and squatted on it. Still smiling, she cooed, "Waiter, I want a bun!"

The waiter was orginally not too happy that a dirty beggar girl had wasted a table in the posh restaurant but on hearing her voice, he complied immediately, thinking, "Her voice is as cute as she looks!"

He was, however, dismayed when a bunch of dirty beggars trooped in noisily and sat with the beggar girl. He was about to chase the whole bunch away when the innkeeper Mi Tian Gong stepped up and said, "Ah! It's an honour for Yi Tian Tao Long Inn to greet Sect Leader Fang and Elder Zhuo! You really live up to your reputations!"

The girl was of course the Beggars' Clan Elder Zhuo Jia Li. She casually laughed, "Heh heh, I don't deserve it," and continued pouring the wine down her throat.

The waiter, in his haste tripped over a stool and the teapot he was holding flew out of his hand. With one swift move the girl stretched out her steel rod without even turning around and deftly caught the teapot at the edge of the rod. Not a single drop was spilled and she swung the teapot back onto the table, putting it down gently, still grinning.

Fang Wudi was surprised with the girl's skill... he could of course catch the teapot with his hand but he wasn't sure he could do it with a 3-foot-long steel rod...

"Bravo!" proclaimed Fang Wudi as he observed the feat performed by such a young girl. "Waiter! Bring me the best wine you have!" The pale waiter from before brought Wudi his wine a few minutes later and left it at the table. Wudi grabbed the huge pot of wine by the mouth, "Elder Zhuo, let's have a drink!" And with that Wudi took a huge drink out of the pot. Everyone remarked at the speed of which Wudi drank wine. When Wudi was done he tossed the pot of wine at Zhuo Jia Li. Jia Li leaped up from her seat, caught the pot, and landed back on her seat. Jia Li did this all in one motion.

She took a sip then said in a sweet voice, "Thank you, Sect Leader Fang!" She tossed the pot back at Wudi who caught it with his right hand and immediately started drinking again. These two tossed the pot of wine back and forth for a dozen more time until it emptied.

"Aww...Sect Leader Fang, you drank it all!"

"Oh...you want more wine? Waiter!" The waiter knew what Wudi wanted already because of the loud tone of which Wudi spoke. While they waited for the wine to be brought someone from another table whispered, "I wonder who is stronger...Sect Leader Fang or Elder Zhuo..." This person purposely whispered loud enough for people to hear.

Wudi felt enraged that he is being compared to a girl, especially a very young girl at that. "If you have something to say, say it to my face. You don't have to be all secretive about it. I will not fight a girl even if she is strong. Why don't I fight you?"
    Last edited by Tom; 01-18-08 at 10:19 PM.

I vote for a new story thread to be created. The current thread is too messy and there has already been a lot of discussion going on.

im pretty new to this, so i'll just wait for u guys to post a bit more b4 joining it

ps: im enjoying reading it
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Could someone please create a separate story thread and then we will proceed from there? To be honest, I don't think updating in the original thread is a good idea due to the massive confusion.

I am waiting for that before introducing my character. However, if everyone doesn't want to do that, then just tell me and I will introduce my character immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by kwekmh View Post
    I vote for a new story thread to be created. The current thread is too messy and there has already been a lot of discussion going on.
    I so agree with kwekmh. It bothers me that the rpg is starting in the middle of a thread that's been a discussion thread all along. It feels so glaringly uncomfortable and odd.

Btw, what is the city in the posts? It doesn't seem to have been mentioned.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    I so agree with kwekmh. It bothers me that the rpg is starting in the middle of a thread that's been a discussion thread all along. It feels so glaringly uncomfortable and odd.

Btw, what is the city in the posts? It doesn't seem to have been mentioned.
    I don't know any well-known city back in the Ming. It's going to be a well-known city but it's not anywhere near the capital. Anyone have suggestions?

I don't know any well-known city back in the Ming. It's going to be a well-known city but it's not anywhere near the capital. Anyone have suggestions?
    Uhhh... Suzhou? Luoyang? Chang-an? Chengdu?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

omg...rapture's char is sickly scary but the possibilities are endless with his character...
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Well, since so many of you have requested a separate thread for the story...I finally made one! So all the discussion goes in here, all the character goes in the character thread, and all the story goes in the story thread. I guess the original thread can bite the dust. Have fun posting the story since I'm going to sleep now.

PS. I guess I'll pick Luoyang for it. Editing story now