Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Wuxia RPG Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien View Post
    Jun Yi is an effeminate self-lover. Jun Yi thinks Jun Yi impossibly beautiful and is obsessively narcissistic and is obsessessed with beauty, grace and elegance.
    I like how resident:alien replace all 'he' with 'Jun Yi'. Really shows his character's great self-love.

I personal think this is the most hilarious character profile, together with rapture's.

Btw, where did u guys get the pictures for your character profile?
    Last edited by kidd; 01-19-08 at 09:36 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I'll definately try to space out my paragraphs more in the future. And I hope someone saves me from getting my butt kicked.

And it's cool how there's more people adding new character profiles.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I like how resident:alien replace all 'he' with 'Jun Yi'. Really shows his character's great self-love.

I personal think this is the most hilarious character profile, together with rapture's.

Btw, where did u guys get the pictures for your character profile?
    Yeah, I always wonder where they get such pictures from. I have been trying to look for such pictures but to no avail.

I will try to introduce my character by tonight.

I don't think the updater for the story is needed. It would just slow down the pace. If we're going to be writing then we could just post something first then go edit and then write the story. It could prevent two people from writing at the same time AND it quickens the pace at which the story flows.

Edit: I think we should just Ken fuse the two discussion threads
    Last edited by Tom; 01-19-08 at 10:09 AM.

Btw Bogeyman, I noticed you replied for Ji Kern as well. Won't it be inappropriate for anyone to actually post for someone else's character without permission?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Btw Bogeyman, I noticed you replied for Ji Kern as well. Won't it be inappropriate for anyone to actually post for someone else's character without permission?
    Well, actually no. It's actually one of the elements that I enjoy in these RPGs. If everyone restricted the passage to be about their own character then wouldn't it be like 20 fanfics in one messed-up story?

In this case I believe it is acceptable. It depends on the context. If it is something minor and the owner of the character does not object to it after seeing it, I think it is perfectly fine.

If it is something VERY major then permission has to be sought.

Quote Originally Posted by kwekmh View Post
    In this case I believe it is acceptable. It depends on the context. If it is something minor and the owner of the character does not object to it after seeing it, I think it is perfectly fine.
    It's not like I killed him or make him gay. I just developed some relation between Ji Kern and my Wudi.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    It's not like I killed him or make him gay. I just developed some relation between Ji Kern and my Wudi.
    Your Wudi... your invincible.

Maybe I should attempt to stop the fight between you and Zhuo.

It's okay.

It wasn't that out of character. But Guo Xiang does have a good point. I wouldn't wanna portray any of your characters in a way you guys wouldn't want to.

I used to do that back in RPG #2... It did cause some problems but we finished it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Radken View Post
    It's okay.

It wasn't that out of character. But Guo Xiang does have a good point. I wouldn't wanna portray any of your characters in a way you guys wouldn't want to.
    Radken how would you have portrayed Ji Kern if someone was about to chop his arse off and he got saved by someone?

I remember TommyH tends to take control of other people's characters quite a lot in RPG1, even when his own character was not in the scene.

I remember being quite annoying when he made all the female characters got captured and tied up and his character and another male character go save the day. Then, his powerful character thew my character a sword eventhough my character doesn't use sword. What more, my character was actually ready to fight in the previous passage, but suddenly got captured.

I agree that using another's character in unavoidable if we want to write a story. We need to write about interactions between characters. If cannot use another's character at all, each person will only be able to write a few lines at a time. But, if it's too big a change or affect the character's plotline too much, the person should ask the owner of the character first.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-19-08 at 12:42 PM.

I think we should only use another's character if he/she has something to do with our character, like when our character is fighting with him/her, or sharing secrets, of doing stuff together.

I think we shouldn't use someone else's character when our character is not in the scene or has nothing to do with the character unless we get permission from the owner of the character, like what we did in rpg2. Most of us gave free reign to Icyfox in the finale to use our characters in order to finish the game.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-19-08 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radken View Post
    And I hope someone saves me from getting my butt kicked.
    Hey! I guess I had permission.

And yes we have to use other characters in our entries because if we waited for the person who made that character to respond then we'll end up slowing the pace of the story a whole lot. And that's what the character profiles are for...to get to know what that character would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Radken how would you have portrayed Ji Kern if someone was about to chop his arse off and he got saved by someone?
    It's fine. I like Ji Kern with some humility. I wouldn't want to cast him in a heroic light all of the time.

Don't worry, I could work around it.

Yes, minor control are all right, but I don't think it should go as far as controlling his/her speech. For example, I wouldn't mind someone making my character look elsewhere, but I don't expect someone to control her speech, thoughts or major actions.

I think we should only use another's character if he/she has something to do with our character, like when our character fighting with him/her, or sharing secrets, of doing stuff together.

I think we shouldn't use someone else's character when our character is not in the scene or has nothing to do with the character unless we get permission from the owner of the character, like what we did in rpg2. Most of use gave free reign to Icyfox in the finale to use our characters in order to finish the game.
    That's right.

Hey! I guess I had permission.

And yes we have to use other characters in our entries because if we waited for the person who made that character to respond then we'll end up slowing the pace of the story a whole lot. And that's what the character profiles are for...to get to know what that character would do.
    True for the slow part but that's actually the fun part. If you can't wait and ends up writing for the other character on your own, you would be better off writing your own fanfic.

And yes, other people wrote their bios... so those characters are THEIRS, not yours.

The fun of rpg lies in the anticipation of what the other party would do. Despite the character profile, how would you know what the other player wants unless you've conversed specifically with him/her? Even after specific discussion, can you write out the scene exactly the way the other player wants? If you seize control wantonly, there is the possibility that you could screw things up for the other player who may have different plans from you.

On the whole, RPG is not about one person, it's about everyone. That's why it's not a fanfic, and should not be treated as a fanfic.

Well, actually no. It's actually one of the elements that I enjoy in these RPGs. If everyone restricted the passage to be about their own character then wouldn't it be like 20 fanfics in one messed-up story?
    Once again, a rpg is not about one person. It's about everyone. It's about COOPERATION. It's about teamwork, PATIENCE and RESPECT.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 01-19-08 at 11:59 AM.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Man, people like Tommy, Allen and myself have the tendency to "Execute first, report later."

Does give the original controllers some moments sometimes but can be quite hilarious, if the players don't mind.

Of course, if the player has made a request beforehand then we shouldn't do that.

To Guo Xiang,

What you say makes sense but it seems awfully limiting that you can't even control's one's speech or actions. If it's like that then everyone would only be able to describe their own character in their own posts. Then what different is this than a fanfic?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    ...Wudi's giant foot made loud noises as he walked...
    For some reason, this evokes the image of a giant bird...
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」