Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839

Thread: Ultimate Wuxia RPG Discussion Thread

What happened? It seems like all of life is dead now. The RPG hasn't progressed in 2 weeks. Who wants to continue? I'm ready to start the journey to Beijing when you guys are.

BTW, I'm going to write a wuxia story and I need help with names and Chinese terms. Who wants to help me?

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    "Jie Feng! You are young but among the few disciples here, you are the most trustworthy! Here, take the Dog Beating Stick and find Elder Zuo, I mean Zhuo!
    Ha! Good one, CC.
    That one never gets old with me.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

hrm.,.....kinda dead
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

oh wow, no one posted anything in weeks... we should talk about this.

yes.. what has happened? I am still waiting...
    " Forgo your past and embrance the future OR abandon your future to save your past?"

I had quite some plans but too busy to get around to writing them.

In the first place, is everyone familiar with the plot so far? There have been some posts which contradict or not-gel with earlier ones.

I'm actually ready when everyone else is. We just need someone to kickstart the ball right now. But I think a list of every significant event up to date would help a lot.

well I want to post too... but because my character just left the island, so it will take a while to do anything, so I need to wait...

An idea just flew by me:

The climax, which we never got to, should have the all-powerful Eunuch Lin spar with the undefeated fighter of the previous era, none other than the person he has hated all his life: his father, ZHANG REAL MAN Zhang Sanfeng!

should we continue this game or start a new one? shame though, it was really fun. Would anyone want to start a new game?

I don't mind continuing this one. But someone has to start writing. I think I wrote the last bit.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

After a long absence, I was going thru some of the posts from the good old days and remembered this one. I had so much fun writing the small contributions!

I think the 2 threads I had the most fun with in the last decade was this Ultimate Wuxia RPG lark and the SURVIVOR thread with 'Dagger Li' supporters vs Great Ancestor Murong and Co with the fast and furious posts, everyone updating every fraction of an hour with lots of yelling and shouting and over-the-top character propaganda.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

I have been inactive on spcnet in general, but I was part of 2 wuxia RPs and I loved it. I'd still be willing to join if it's still active.

Maybe we should have some general plot guidelines just so we're not wandering aimlessly or wrapped up in our own story lines? Or give our warriors a reason for being? The first wuxia RP was fun, but was kind of disastrous because there were so many people wrapped up in their own story lines and didn't involve others. So it was like multiple stories and it follow that particular story you'd have to follow the poster because he/she would continue from what he/she last posted instead of what the last poster posted.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    I think the 2 threads I had the most fun with in the last decade was this Ultimate Wuxia RPG lark and the SURVIVOR thread with 'Dagger Li' supporters vs Great Ancestor Murong and Co with the fast and furious posts, everyone updating every fraction of an hour with lots of yelling and shouting and over-the-top character propaganda.
    That may be true on a single-threaded level, but certainly, we mustn't forget the multi-threaded activity of force-injecting S.G. ZBF into every thread in August 2006 as a highlight.

In all, There have been numerous fun threads, too many to remember. The "Greats should wipe out thousands of soldiers in a few minutes, but JY writes they have trouble with a dozen" discussion was fun, yet it's likely just #20-30 on my list.