Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Wuxia RPG Discussion Thread

If you guys are still keen on the historical setting, I'd suggest we nominate (force) someone to take on the role of historical advisor.

Then anyone not sure of the background history can spam that unfortunate fellow.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    I don't like a rigid framework too. If I want a rigid framework I'd kick all you players out and create my own fanfic. We need sides though and some plotline so we can connect players. We can have no government/historical involvement, but I think we still need a wulin based on famous sects (whether players want to bring them in or be affilated with them/their art is up to tehmselves).

I just want to start (stamp feet in frustation), holiday is about to be over, my AT sect hero is about to become a ELOC.
    I support this wulin based on famous sects idea too. The AT sect looks cool
    Maybe can add sects from other novels too, even cross-authors.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Yeah I think too much historical focus would be very hard to implement and write a good wuxia story about, with everything being mostly accurate to history. I think a setting more involving of wulin would be easier to progress like Kidd said, a Gu Long style...

Sorry for frustrating you guys and not updating anything atm... But it's really frustrating me also, whole laptop just got reinstalled and cant even display Chinese text! grr... sp1 installed also so damn frustrating... no proper drivers installed atm >< and the net downloads like a snail for me arrrgghhh
    Last edited by cristal entity; 01-14-08 at 12:06 PM.
    내가 황제라면, 모든 단어에 의미를 부여하기 위해 사전을 만드는 일 부터 시작할 것이다.

AkA: strife_au in the old mythic golden era of SPCNET pre-2007... Pioneer and architect of chaos... The legend lives.

I support the more Wulin-based idea. My knowledge of Chinese history is halfassed and I doubt everyone participating are history experts. A Wulin-based RP would be the more sensible thing to do since it'll be easier to look after. We don't want to end this RP because of confusion or continuity errors, do we?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    I support the more Wulin-based idea. My knowledge of Chinese history is halfassed and I doubt everyone participating are history experts. A Wulin-based RP would be the more sensible thing to do since it'll be easier to look after. We don't want to end this RP because of confusion or continuity errors, do we?

i think wulin based will be easier to follow than chinese history based and i can't imagine who is volunteering to give us all the historic information

i guess if someone is noting down who is playing etc. i want to take on a minor role and i don't mind being used as a plot device.

This sound like fun... is it still to late to join? Can someone please fill me in on the rules of the game? like how do you play? lol.

Can someone start a characters thread? All my threads fail, so I don't want to jinx it.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Can someone start a characters thread? All my threads fail, so I don't want to jinx it.
    Don't think so badly of yourself.

So I take it the story would be wulin-based?

EDIT: I am suddenly wondering if I should make a male or female character. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by kwekmh; 01-15-08 at 07:25 AM.

OK, I see a shift in preference...

Historical non-JY/GL --> Wulin JY+GL

I was also wondering what kind of character I should take! I'll try to fill up any leftover roles no one is keen on... EXCEPT the Big Bad Boss!

How so? The thread didn't come out?

Is this title ok?

'Ultimate Wuxia RPG Character Profiles'
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Let's vote on the RULES!

Rules from RPG #2

By Tommy/Bogeyman :

1) When you add an entry to the game, please be sure to get information from the characters' profile.

2) Do NOT kill off some characters made by fellow Players all of a sudden.

3) You can control other characters but please view character profiles.

4) Give a detailed profile of your character.

5) You can make your character anytime but please don't rush your character into the story. You'll have time.

By Druid :

1) Should this game actually take off, a thread will only contain discussion on the storyline and character information. The actual storyline will take place in another thread.

2) Regarding the "No God" rule, which frustrated many players because of the ever changing plot, I feel that it is necessary drop the character's creater a short note or seek permission first before you go ahead before embarking to "control" the particular character.

3) Before entering the game, please list the your character's profile here first. It would help greatly help other players in the storyline and also for easy reference. Not a must, but it will be greatly recommended.

Rules From RPG #4

By Tommy/Bogeyman :

1. Please don't make your character Great-level! I realized that in the previous RPG 90% of the characters were either close-to-great level or great level. And most of these characters were in their twenties. C'mon...make it more realistic...be more creative. Please don't reply to me by saying 'but DY this...but XZ that...' But if you certainly do have to make a great-level fighter then please make a 'story' behind it and please no more 18-years old greats.

By Me (IcyFox) :

2. Players who do not play for 60 days or 200 in-game posts can be considered inactive and their characters can be killed off unless specified (explicitly) otherwise.

Of course, we don't have to follow them all... we can just keep the essential ones and/or make new rules as relevant.

BTW, RPG #1 didn't have any official rules at the start... we just made them as we played along!

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox View Post
    Of course, we don't have to follow them all... we can just keep the essential ones and/or make new rules as relevant.

BTW, RPG #1 didn't have any official rules at the start... we just made them as we played along!
    KK I edited first post and added a few of the rules I think is quite good, any other suggestion is welcomed guys... Quite late here so if theres many mistakes, my apologies.

BTW also it would be nice for people to state their characters position in the RPG as to whther they are good or evil so it's clear for everyone to see.
    Last edited by cristal entity; 01-15-08 at 02:02 PM.
    내가 황제라면, 모든 단어에 의미를 부여하기 위해 사전을 만드는 일 부터 시작할 것이다.

AkA: strife_au in the old mythic golden era of SPCNET pre-2007... Pioneer and architect of chaos... The legend lives.

Just an idea...I think we should have some witty characters instead of all powerful heroes; maybe a WXB-like character? And is there a Shaolin fist technique?

Lol PJ's character, maybe he will be resurrected with ZBT's personality.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Lol PJ's character, maybe he will be resurrected with ZBT's personality.
    I think he should just change that profile and say he really never died. He lived in a cave and practiced martial arts.

So, has the history been decided?

Quote Originally Posted by kwekmh View Post
    EDIT: I am suddenly wondering if I should make a male or female character. Any suggestions?
    i might have to wait a while before i make my character. i'm very tempted to make a male character but it looks like there may be a lack of female characters. Also, if i make a 30 year old cave auntie character, it will have a slightly suspicious resemblence to myself

has the setting/basic storyline been decided, or have i accidentally missed some posts?

I already made my character. Didn't have to think much since it's basically a satirical take on TVB.

can somebody list all the sects that are in here? im trying to think of a sect for my character to be in that is not shaolin/wu dang
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!