Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Gillian Chung

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    I don't get why everyone is so against the guy. He is just doing a godd.amn PARODY...And then you get hate comments left and right. Giving him the attention this attention w.hore needs.

Great exploitation of the incident to his own benefit. He's probably chuckling as the hate comes. Because with publicity, there is no negative publicity. Probably linked up a bunch of ads on his website and made a small fortunte out of people's hatred towards him.

Man so many companies doing this. That stupid god-knows-what Yuwie even put the scandal and Edison's name in their ad to get more publicity. Soon every advertising prick is gonna tag the scandal on youtube in hopes of getting more people interested in their stuff.

And just for the record, I found it FUNNY, because it's meant to be a PARODY. Sheesh.
    Yeah. I think the guy is just doing a parody too.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

You know what? Even if Kira is dead, it's like terrorism..you have the birth of new Kiras everywhere. And there is a good chance he is dead or even arrested (but the police is keeping their lips sealed until they are sure they've got all the real Kiras).

There are idiots who actually get a high out of pretending to be Kira. So I think it's a wild goose chase with this "Wait for 3 a.m. I"m gonna release videos" b.s. I'll believe it when it's actually released.

And holy s.hite, did you guys see how many views Steven Lim got?! Really milking attention outta this...

Edit:

So Albert Yeung certainly has no problems with sharing his niece's bf with Gillian lol.

Typical pose of him "plotting"
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i2.sinaimg.cn/ent/s/h/p/2008-02-11/U2224P28T3D1908091F326DT20080211161145.jpg')

What's so funny Albert?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1.sinaimg.cn/ent/s/h/p/2008-02-11/U2224P28T3D1908091F329DT20080211161145.jpg')
    Last edited by 999roses; 02-11-08 at 09:26 PM.

Cool

good point 999roses. If i am a director, i will make a movie base on this scandal

Check out Maggie Q pic! Only 1 pic though, hope more to come

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V4SAUY13

Damn, it getting deeper and deeper indeed!
    Last edited by edisonchen; 02-11-08 at 09:37 PM.
    how many celeb that edc have slept with???Who have the answer will get a prize from me

Quote Originally Posted by time22shine View Post
    Dude, I never said anyone was forcing me to read but this subject is old, let's move on.
    Yes its tiring and boring to read the same type of comments over and over again but just ignore the trolling. If u dont feed them with responses, they cant do anything This thread is just an exact replica of LYF's and Carmen's sometime back.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Was that posted today edisonchen? (Btw change your avatar lah...I dun wanna look at his scum face lol). Ah I see it is.

So HK protesters protested...does anything come out of those protests?

I often hear them protesting about a bunch of things and nothing ever really changes. 9th person got arrested apparently.

Funny how the oh so wise ones like to poke their heads into " boring troll areas" every once in a while to offer us high words of wisdom. Hope they don't hurt themselves looking down so deep into the pit of darkness.
    Last edited by 999roses; 02-11-08 at 09:56 PM.

My illogical feeling is over liao. Now, got a bit of sympathy for Gillian back. Kinda feel sorry for her. Doesn't even have the right over her own expression and reaction. Everything controled by EEG (or Mani). Yeah, she acted insincere, but I don't think she has the choice to say no.

Btw, I don't like Mani. Never like her ever since I heard an interview of her where she blamed overseas fans for the abysmal state of the HK music industry. She said that HK people are more receptive of talent, but, for overseas market it's easier to market pretty faces. Not easy to market talents that are not good-looking.

Anyone who know cantonese and is interested in the interview can check it out here.
    http://www.rthk.org.hk/rthk/radio1/B.../20070721.html
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Well everyone always has a choice. It's about the balance of what you want outta life and there is a price to pay for everything. Perhaps years ago, you want one thing, and many years later, find yourself in a sticky situation where even if you want something else, it's either not feasible or the alternative isn't "worth it".

You know, I never really got the whole concept about entertainment companies...is it just an Asian thing? Why don't stars just get managers? Entertainment companies to me, seems like a hatching ground for idols and packaging. And how do they have so much energy to focus on all their stars anyway? And support all of them equally?

I don't see the concept in the US. And managers don't usually have as tight of grasp on their artist's personal lives as entertainment companies do. It's almost ilke they're selling their soul in the contracts.

i wish tat edisonchen would just take off tat stupid avatar....i want to throw up just looking at it...NASTY...........

Well everyone always has a choice. It's about the balance of what you want outta life and there is a price to pay for everything. Perhaps years ago, you want one thing, and many years later, find yourself in a sticky situation where even if you want something else, it's either not feasible or the alternative isn't "worth it".

You know, I never really got the whole concept about entertainment companies...is it just an Asian thing? Why don't stars just get managers? Entertainment companies to me, seems like a hatching ground for idols and packaging. And how do they have so much energy to focus on all their stars anyway? And support all of them equally?

I don't see the concept in the US. And managers don't usually have as tight of grasp on their artist's personal lives as entertainment companies do. It's almost ilke they're selling their soul in the contracts.
    my personal guess is that things started out that way, and now it's just hard to change. i would imagine it's like the larger corporate companies eating out the smaller private ones. thus, in the current state of the industry, it'll be harder to find a "job" using a personal manager and easier to rise to fame (lots of marketing) through larger companies?

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    my personal guess is that things started out that way, and now it's just hard to change. i would imagine it's like the larger corporate companies eating out the smaller private ones. thus, in the current state of the industry, it'll be harder to find a "job" using a personal manager and easier to rise to fame (lots of marketing) through larger companies?
    Kinda makes sense..but some people do manage without, like Leehom, Jay Chou, S.H.E. etc.

But I find it's a BIG BIG thing in Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, and Taiwan in particular. Is it also a big thing in Mainland? Not so sure...I always see Mainland actresses/singers with managers, like VIcki, Zhang Zi Yi (ok she's kinda Hollywood now), etc. Well I guess there is Hua Yi, but their artists seem a bit more independent than EEG ones.

Another reason why I really dislike companies is because they focus way too much on promo. Yes, promo is important, but it seems to be all glamor and jazz with those companies, not enough emphasis on the person's works. And why make their artists into singers, actors, dancers, AND show hosts (in many cases)?

Personally, I think Gillian and Charlene are much much better at acting than singing...even though they started out with singing. Maybe if they were allowed to continue down the acting path not starring in packaged movies like "Twins Mission", "Twins Effect"...they would be able to actually develop their talent.

Kinda makes sense..but some people do manage without, like Leehom, Jay Chou, S.H.E. etc.

But I find it's a BIG BIG thing in Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, and Taiwan in particular. Is it also a big thing in Mainland? Not so sure...I always see Mainland actresses/singers with managers, like VIcki, Zhang Zi Yi (ok she's kinda Hollywood now), etc. Well I guess there is Hua Yi, but their artists seem a bit more independent than EEG ones.

Another reason why I really dislike companies is because they focus way too much on promo. Yes, promo is important, but it seems to be all glamor and jazz with those companies, not enough emphasis on the person's works. And why make their artists into singers, actors, dancers, AND show hosts (in many cases)?

Personally, I think Gillian and Charlene are much much better at acting than singing...even though they started out with singing. Maybe if they were allowed to continue down the acting path not starring in packaged movies like "Twins Mission", "Twins Effect"...they would be able to actually develop their talent.
    people like jay chou, leehom don't need the company's support to gain fame . the big stars too, i suppose. still, i think most of them are still under "labels"? i'm not familiar with the entertainment management scene actually...

i wish tat edisonchen would just take off tat stupid avatar....i want to throw up just looking at it...NASTY...........
    Wish granted
    how many celeb that edc have slept with???Who have the answer will get a prize from me

Hm, aren't Lee Hom and Jay's managers their Moms? So that's a different story plus unlike Mani, someone who is always out there for the spotlight too, enjoys being mentioned circulating around her artists. Lee Hom has restrictions too like he couldn't hand out any autographs during that one press conference in LA due to Sony prohibiting him and Sony hasn't approved of a vacation for years now until recently. As for Jay, he's his own boss now so he can do anything he wants. In Asian countries, it really depends on the manager's promotions because the artists regardless of how popular or adored they are, they need opportunities too because once frozen, they are legally entitled to their companies and can't do anything. The market today is so competitive, new singers popping up everyday, if you remain unactive, fans will easily forget and move on. Look at Jay, he was composing music behind the scenes for a while until a new manager came in and promoted him to be a singer. Without that manager's promotion, perhaps there wouldn't be a Jay Chou right now. Same thing with Lee Hom, if it wasn't for the company's love for LH, after several failed attempts in films and albums, they would have stopped promoting and granting him opportunities but they stood by him and look where he's at now. As for Twins, they were automatic hits so they have done quite a lot for EEG.

Default Edison attempted suicide

Look whose following in Gillian's footsteps.

Hongkong star Edison Chen in suicide bid claim

HONG KONG heartthrob Edison Chen has reportedly attempted suicide after partially nude images of him with several starlets started circulating in the Internet.

China Press said yesterday that the singer-actor became depressed over the issue and avoided food lately.

He had also reportedly confined himself to his home in the United States, where he fled to after the controversy erupted.

The daily said Chen’s image hit rock bottom after the scandal came to light. Several companies which had sought Chen’s endorsement for their products have also terminated their contracts with the star.

Source: TheStar Online

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    Look whose following in Gillian's footsteps.

Hongkong star Edison Chen in suicide bid claim

HONG KONG heartthrob Edison Chen has reportedly attempted suicide after partially nude images of him with several starlets started circulating in the Internet.

China Press said yesterday that the singer-actor became depressed over the issue and avoided food lately.

He had also reportedly confined himself to his home in the United States, where he fled to after the controversy erupted.

The daily said Chen’s image hit rock bottom after the scandal came to light. Several companies which had sought Chen’s endorsement for their products have also terminated their contracts with the star.

Source: TheStar Online
    Pff, drama queen. He might as well follow her footsteps even more closely and appear at his own press conference on Thursday or Friday with that lopsided grin of his again.

---

Disc of Obscene Photographs of HK artistes sold in the streets, Tuesday February 12, 2008 Hong Kong
    ~ asianfanatics

Yesterday in Shuiwei (Futian district, Shenzhen city), our reporter observed people selling laser discs containing the obscene photographs of Hong Kong artistes. Previously, people have only read about these photographs in the newspapers. Yesterday, a video store was showing them on television.

A crowd of gawkers were drawn in. According to the salesperson, each disk contains 258 photographs. Priced at HKD 20 apiece, the reporter observed that a stack of 30 discs were quickly sold out in less than an hour. The video store also offered to download the photos onto mobile telephones for HKD 10.

Under Chinese law, it is illegal to manufacture and sell such discs. If found guilty, the offender faces between three to seven years in jail. But it is not a crime to purchase such discs or share them among friends.
    --

Yeah doesn't look like it's gonna die down anytime soon. They're never gonna catch those people because there's SOOOOO many of them selling illegal discs, and they could easily just package it in a different form.

My question is why people are buying it when they could just go online? I guess they're scared of viruses, IP tracking, etc.

Meh. Gotta suck being those ladies right now. Mass distribution

i think the best solution for Edison is to go back to Canada and lives a normal life instead of attemping suicide

Pff, drama queen. He might as well follow her footsteps even more closely and appear at his own press conference on Thursday or Friday with that lopsided grin of his again.

---

Disc of Obscene Photographs of HK artistes sold in the streets, Tuesday February 12, 2008 Hong Kong
    ~ asianfanatics

Yesterday in Shuiwei (Futian district, Shenzhen city), our reporter observed people selling laser discs containing the obscene photographs of Hong Kong artistes. Previously, people have only read about these photographs in the newspapers. Yesterday, a video store was showing them on television.

A crowd of gawkers were drawn in. According to the salesperson, each disk contains 258 photographs. Priced at HKD 20 apiece, the reporter observed that a stack of 30 discs were quickly sold out in less than an hour. The video store also offered to download the photos onto mobile telephones for HKD 10.

Under Chinese law, it is illegal to manufacture and sell such discs. If found guilty, the offender faces between three to seven years in jail. But it is not a crime to purchase such discs or share them among friends.
    --

Yeah doesn't look like it's gonna die down anytime soon. They're never gonna catch those people because there's SOOOOO many of them selling illegal discs, and they could easily just package it in a different form.

My question is why people are buying it when they could just go online? I guess they're scared of viruses, IP tracking, etc.

Meh. Gotta suck being those ladies right now. Mass distribution
    It's because a lot of them aren't computer savvy like we are. Plus, a lot of people in China don't have computers. 99% of all video stores in China sell pirated stuff and they sell it well. If people had comps and knew about downloading, those stores would be out of business. Lastly, I'm thinking this is mostly older people who don't know squat about computers and have no choice, but to buy these discs to see the pics.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Quote Originally Posted by edisonchen View Post
    i think the best solution for Edison is to go back to Canada and lives a normal life instead of attemping suicide
    There are a lot of Chinese in Canada. It's not like he won't be recognized. If he wants to live a normal life, I recommend Anartica.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44 View Post
    It's because a lot of them aren't computer savvy like we are. Plus, a lot of people in China don't have computers. 99% of all video stores in China sell pirated stuff and they sell it well. If people had comps and knew about downloading, those stores would be out of business. Lastly, I'm thinking this is mostly older people who don't know squat about computers and have no choice, but to buy these discs to see the pics.
    and also china's communist thing limit the stuff people can do online

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44 View Post
    There are a lot of Chinese in Canada. It's not like he won't be recognized. If he wants to live a normal life, I recommend Anartica.
    nah thats too dangerous, i say iraq is good enough
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    and also china's communist thing limit the stuff people can do online

nah thats too dangerous, i say iraq is good enough
    Well, my friends in China found these pics online pretty easily. Baidu is a Chinese site that'll assist you way more easily than Google will in looking for these pics.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!