Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 115152535455565758596061
Results 1,201 to 1,208 of 1208

Thread: Gillian Chung

I think that they are too harsh on her- a lot of her detractors says that she was so hypocritical about acting like she's a conservative girl before this issue like saying "no" to kissing scenes and stuff but I'd say it's one to kiss someone whom you don't have a relationship on screen to someone you actually have in private-she wouldn't have imagined that this would happen to her. That this scandal will go out, she just fell in love and that computer just fell to the wrong hands.
    you cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore nie yuan

I actually think that such a scandal would be more detrimental to a woman who is married with kids (i.e. Cecelia) since she not only has her own family and friends to answer to, but also her husband, children, in-laws and her husband's family. Whereas Gillian, being single (hence less commitments & responsibilities) and younger should logically, face less backlash since the " I was young, reckless, naive & stupid" excuse is a very common (and to some extent more widely accepted) response to such mistakes.

I think the main reason why Gillian faced so much more backlash and had a harder time making a comeback compared to Cecelia was because of the very different public images both actresses possessed prior to the scandal. As mentioned, Gillian (and twins) were living up to the super innocent, cutesy, girlish and virgin-like image whereas Cecelia on the other hand was well-known for her personal romances, rebellious-girl image and had portrayed several non-innocent/vixen-like characters onscreen. Hence, her involvement in the scandal probably came as less of a shock to the public since she's not known to be innocent in the first place. It's like catching a normal girl vs a nun in a sex scandal.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    It's like catching a normal girl vs a nun in a sex scandal.
    LOL. nice analogy

Gillian's new drama "Datang Xunan Women" is premiering on the 7th of July! Its mostly a detective drama.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/or04kj.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/fm5u1s.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/uq4x3.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/2s60rh4.jpg')

Trailer: v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjgxMzUyMTcy.html
    Last edited by babygil; 07-02-11 at 10:55 PM.

I saw an article about how she described recently wed actresses as "has beens" hahaha.

Innocent Gil cracks me up so bad.

Always couldn't stand her. Loved the scandal. And now I wish she'd just quit and let someone else with talent have a chance.

Check this vid out. Hilarious.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzFcQ...eature=related
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Wow she really messed that up. She needs to go ahead and do CAT. III films. Everyone already seen her nude so why not?

WTH? Wow, certian people can't stand her but they willing to watch her screwed up performances on Youtube. Go Figure! Sorry to disappoint anyone who don't like Gillian but she won't be doing any Cat III films nor retiring anything soon. For someone who suffered a great deal during the scandal I consider her to be doing just fine. I just hope EEG would let her focus on acting instead singing because acting is where she is the strongest. But we all know this is only wishful thinking since EEG is all about money regardless whether her singing is good or not.

Quote Originally Posted by babygil View Post
    WTH? Wow, certian people can't stand her but they willing to watch her screwed up performances on Youtube. Go Figure! Sorry to disappoint anyone who don't like Gillian but she won't be doing any Cat III films nor retiring anything soon. For someone who suffered a great deal during the scandal I consider her to be doing just fine. I just hope EEG would let her focus on acting instead singing because acting is where she is the strongest. But we all know this is only wishful thinking since EEG is all about money regardless whether her singing is good or not.
    It's great pleasure to watch her horrible performance and laugh. It is because I can't stand her that I enjoy her god awful singing and dancing that much more. I haven't seen enough of her acting to make a conclusion about her acting ability, but she sure as heck should not be a singer.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner