Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chocolate - Femme Fatale Kickassery ala Ong Bak

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Default Chocolate - Femme Fatale Kickassery ala Ong Bak

Chocolate is the new martial arts movie by Prachya Pinkaew of Ong Bak and Protector. Because of a falling out between him (Pracha) and Tony jaa, we'll missed Tony in this pic. Instead we got this kicking-*** muay-thai super chick (Nicharee “Jeeja” Vismistananda).

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://twitchfilm.net/site/images/sleeves_posters/chocolate2.jpg')

Click link below to read more at Twitch website:

Chocolate Trailer! and movie info
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 01-07-08 at 12:40 PM.

Wow, just saw the trailer. Seems not bad, hope it does show in Singapore.

Thanks for sharing
    仁。智。义。信。礼。忠。孝。悌。忍
    慈。慧。气。念。仪。实。心。情。耐

The main character seems to have photographic reflexes. Awesome.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

i forgot to comment....

yeah the trailer looks real good.....whats more interesting is that the protagonist is an autistic girl, and not the usual kickass-gorgoues-with-to-die-for-figure woman.....

not a fan of muay thai movies (i find the overloaded extreme martial art stunts boring, actually. funny really, cuz ive always loved martial art movies ) but looking forward to this one definitely .....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

LOL that tall japanese man is in here!

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    not a fan of muay thai movies (i find the overloaded extreme martial art stunts boring, actually. funny really, cuz ive always loved martial art movies )

i'm right with you! i love martial arts movies too but for some reason i've never been able to watch any of tony jaa's with the exception of bits and pieces of his first one.
    ---------
    Shellie

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by shellie View Post
    i'm right with you! i love martial arts movies too but for some reason i've never been able to watch any of tony jaa's with the exception of bits and pieces of his first one.
    haha, for me the sound of the bone-crunching is like a melodious tone, calming the heart and soul.

Ok back to the trailer, this chick is a some serious performer, she does her own stunt and badly injured because of that, respect!

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    haha, for me the sound of the bone-crunching is like a melodious tone, calming the heart and soul.

Ok back to the trailer, this chick is a some serious performer, she does her own stunt and badly injured because of that, respect!
    He rarely uses stunt doubles for his films. That's what made Ong Bak awesome.

Credit to thairath.com

Jeeja Yanin (จีจ้า ญาณิน) has trained 2 years in fighting methods (not sure if it's just for this movie). This scene is where she fights over 10 bad guys in an ice warehouse. Just like one of Bruce Lee's fight scene. Panna Ritkrai (พันนา ฤทธิไกร ) and Prachya Pinkaew (ปรัชญา ปิ่นแก้ว) are both huge fans of Bruce Lee, so they created this scene for Jeeja. They both admire Bruce Lee and say that Bruce Lee is one of the reasons they are in this line of work.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://thairath.com/2551/entertainment/Jan/library/15/ent6.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://thairath.com/2551/entertainment/Jan/library/15/ent7.jpg')

hmmm....for me it's not the sound that bugs me.....it's the fact that there's so many of those stunts that it makes me wanna puke of boreness just by looking at it

seriously, overloaded action is boring just like too many sex scenes in a film....

Fist of Legend and Drive has got action/fight from start to end too, but they never bore me, Ong Bak (and any of tony's other muay thai film) though, fail to amuse me...i wonder whats missing in them
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 01-16-08 at 05:41 AM.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

hmmm....for me it's not the sound that bugs me.....it's the fact that there's so many of those stunts that it makes me wanna puke of boreness just by looking at it

seriously, overloaded action is boring just like too many sex scenes in a film....

Fist of Legend and Drive has got action/fight from start to end too, but they never bore me, Ong Bak (and any of tony's other muay thai film) though, fail to amuse me...i wonder whats missing in them
    most people define boring as talky, slow moving etc (magnolia anyone!), but you're different, is something wrong?

most people define boring as talky, slow moving etc (magnolia anyone!), but you're different, is something wrong?
    i dont know...i get bored when i see overly-done things over and over again so yeah maybe it's just me

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

i dont know...i get bored when i see overly-done things over and over again so yeah maybe it's just me
    the repeating scene technique was introduced by Jackie Chan, it means:

"Hey - this scene repeated three times coz it is hard and dangerous to do, please appreciate it as I do it myself, without camera trick and stunt-double!"
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 01-16-08 at 09:45 AM.

ah.....that explains it. this must have been why i dont like any of Jackie's movies too

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

ah.....that explains it. this must have been why i dont like any of Jackie's movies too
    That means your feminine side is still intact, even though you're watching lots and lots of action movies.

For a total action-junkies, the kickass fight scene, fast, bone crunching and death defying stunt and action as shown in Ong Bak, SPL, Flashpoint etc is like a testosterone-drug fueling the rage to the max.

For a total action-junkies, the kickass fight scene, fast, bone crunching and death defying stunt and action as shown in Ong Bak, SPL, Flashpoint etc is like a testosterone-drug fueling the rage to the max.
    puh-leaseeee.......Ong Bak is nowhere near SPL....damn you insult the movie,man. i wanna puke (again i emphasize it's not of nausea of any sorts, it's of the ****ing boreness that it emits)when i see Ong Bak, but sit me in front of SPL any day man, i'd do it over and over again

oh, did i mention the similarity between action scenes in Ong Bak with sex scenes? oh yeah, i did.....

wtf are we talking bout ong bak when we're on chocolate? honestly, my hatred for Ong Bak is damn immesureable that im even doing a lousy job of describing it.....

lets just get on with chocolate and stop spamming

oh yeah, watching many action movies never did squat to my feminism....it's an insult and im never gonna forgive you
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 01-17-08 at 04:06 AM.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

wtf are we talking bout ong bak when we're on chocolate? honestly, my hatred for Ong Bak is damn immesureable that im even doing a lousy job of describing it.....
    both chocolate and ong bak developed by the same group of people minus Jaa (if you still not realising it), so I'm sure it will involve both knee and elbow to the head and sure you're going to hate it . I doesn't understand either why the hate with Ong Bak. I know the storyline and the acting sucks, but hey that is not the point, the point is Jaa is full of charisma when its come to a brutal fight and and he doesn't do wire-fu.

hah, i damn sure know it's been made by the same person, and am thankful it DOES NOT include Tony

so I'm sure it will involve both knee and elbow to the head and sure you're going to hate it .
    it's not the act that disgusts me, man.....it's the repetition of such act too many and it becomes stale, and that bores me. i was looking forward to this one cuz it has a female lead, and not the usual packed with muscles man and, i was hoping there's more than just a mere action movie with pointless storyline and wooden acting

or maybe im still dreaming

puh-leaseeee.......Ong Bak is nowhere near SPL....damn you insult the movie,man. i wanna puke (again i emphasize it's not of nausea of any sorts, it's of the ****ing boreness that it emits)when i see Ong Bak, but sit me in front of SPL any day man, i'd do it over and over again

oh, did i mention the similarity between action scenes in Ong Bak with sex scenes? oh yeah, i did.....

lets just get on with chocolate and stop spamming

oh yeah, watching many action movies never did squat to my feminism....it's an insult and im never gonna forgive you
    you are funny!

atlantean0208, from what i remember of ong bak, it is nowhere near spl or flashpoint. all i remember is him jumping over street markets and hitting people. meaning those people he hit were just sorta waiting for him to hit them (except for the main last villain or something there i think).

spl have some of the best fighting scenes that make it never tiring to rewatch. plus the characters there fight each other. and they do not only use knees and elbows. that's fighting to me, not stuntwork make to look good.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    both chocolate and ong bak developed by the same group of people minus Jaa (if you still not realising it), so I'm sure it will involve both knee and elbow to the head and sure you're going to hate it . I doesn't understand either why the hate with Ong Bak. I know the storyline and the acting sucks, but hey that is not the point, the point is Jaa is full of charisma when its come to a brutal fight and and he doesn't do wire-fu.
    i think we disagreed on this. i don't think jaa is full of charisma (too wooden) and there are some recent movies (ala donnie yen's) that doesn't use wire-fu too but gives you a lot more than jaa does.

if i want to see some great stuntwork, i can still rewatch jackie's old movies or yuen biao's or sammo hung's.

my 2 cents. sorry it's not on topic but i couldn't help commenting.
    Last edited by shellie; 01-17-08 at 02:35 PM.
    ---------
    Shellie

Quote Originally Posted by shellie View Post
    you are funny! from what i remember of ong bak, it is nowhere near spl or flashpoint. all i remember is him jumping over street markets and hitting people. meaning those people he hit were just sorta waiting for him to hit them (except for the main last villain or something there i think).

spl have some of the best fighting scenes that make it never tiring to rewatch. plus the characters there fight each other. and they do not only use knees and elbows. that's fighting to me, not stuntwork make to look good.
    i think you misunderstood me when i said Ong Bak being nowhere near SPL, i meant its fights are no match to those in SPL. the insult is meant for SPL, for even placing the name in the same sentence with Ong Bak

Ong Bak's fghts looked ridiculous, while SPL the real kickass movie

i dnt even know why you were explaining things i already know to me

oh, an i love Sammo Hung's stunts too...man that guy can move