Thread: Can elite fighters use blunt weapons with the effect of sharp weapons?

Default Can elite fighters use blunt weapons with the effect of sharp weapons?

Certain elite fighters are known to carry/use blunt, edgeless weapons by habit. North Beggar Hung 7 Gung (bamboo stick), West Poison Au Yeung Fung (wooden staff), and East Heretic Wong Yerk See (jade and later, iron flute), for example, did not customarily use swords, sabers, spears, or any weapon with a cutting edge or piercing point.

Because of their high martial arts and deep inner power, however, can fighters at this level use blunt weapons such as rounded sticks and staffs with the same effect as swords and sabers? Could Hung 7 Gung actually use his bamboo stick to cut through flesh and bone as if the stick were a sharp-edged sword? Could Wong Yerk See impale an enemy on one of his flutes?

Moreover, could a Great use his limbs with the same effect?

ZWJ cut Fang Dongbai's right forearm off with a wooden stick. I guess if they exert the same pressure as someone else with a sharp blade, the outcome is similar. Great using sharp will still pierce things easier than Great using blunt things.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    ZWJ cut Fang Dongbai's right forearm off with a wooden stick. I guess if they exert the same pressure as someone else with a sharp blade, the outcome is similar. Great using sharp will still pierce things easier than Great using blunt things.
    Wasn't it a wooden sword? Probably yes to Ken's question but I know for sure that the Heavy Iron Sword would crush someone before cutting someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    North Beggar Hung 7 Gung (bamboo stick), West Poison Au Yeung Fung (wooden staff), and East Heretic Wong Yerk See (jade and later, iron flute), for example, did not customarily use swords, sabres, spears, or any weapon with a cutting edge or piercing point.
    Some techniques don't require any physical weapon to achieve the sharp blade effect. For example, the Wood Ignition Sabre when used by Jiumozhi was said to be as lethal as a steel sabre.

In fact, Jiumozhi can be said to have achieved the level of OSWS: Overcoming a Sabre Without Sabre.

I wonder if this is essentially what the famous "no sword" stage of Dugu Qiubai constituted?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Wasn't it a wooden sword? Probably yes to Ken's question but I know for sure that the Heavy Iron Sword would crush someone before cutting someone.
    My bad - I don't know how sharp that wooden sword is.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    My bad - I don't know how sharp that wooden sword is.
    I think it's sharp to a certain extent considering that it's the shape of a sword. With the help of powerful internal energy ZWJ could easily sharpen the blade up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    I think it's sharp to a certain extent considering that it's the shape of a sword. With the help of powerful internal energy ZWJ could easily sharpen the blade up.
    Yang Guo's wooden stick broke when he was facing a tree no?

Member of TC fanclub.

If sword chi counts, then masters can cut using any object or limb.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

you do not need to cut your opponent to kill them, you can smash them, break their bones and injure them internally. you can kill your opponents, even greats with a blunt weapon.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

One question to ponder is whether 1 Yeung Zhi is a cutting or concussive form of attack. Perhaps mastery of this skill can produce either form?

Quote Originally Posted by 9Dragons View Post
    One question to ponder is whether 1 Yeung Zhi is a cutting or concussive form of attack. Perhaps mastery of this skill can produce either form?
    I believe most finger techniques produce a "hammer" effect more than blade-cutting. When Duan Zhengming released Yiyang Finger at Duan Yanqing's cane, it was said that if the cane received the finger blow, it would bend. It is as if someone took a hammer and knocked at the cane.

This "hammer" behavior is consistent with the Jiumozhi's Duoluo Finger being described as able to penetrate stone and gold.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I recall in Book & Sword, one of the characters chopped off a horse's tail with his hand