Thread: Murong family martial arts

Default Murong family martial arts

Murong Bo may have been babbling when he said it, but we sure heard it: "The Murong family has tons and tons of more martial arts on par with Canhe Finger," he proclaimed.

If this is really true, and there are > 5 other Murong arts that = Canhe Finger's power (which is a Great-level art), that would make Murong family one of the very, very best in its collection of arts. Not to mention, they had the arts of many other schools, although most were pretty conventional.

Which may mean that Murong Longcheng may have invented more arts than simply Shifting North Star.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

You must take into account that MRB is also trying to uplift the name of Murong and therefore a certain ammount of bluster and bs is involved.

If Murong family art is so good, then why the need to learn all the other arts of the martial world?

han solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    You must take into account that MRB is also trying to uplift the name of Murong and therefore a certain ammount of bluster and bs is involved.
    Realized. However, was it all BS or did it have some truth? After all, the novel hadn't mentioned Canhe Finger until Murong Bo showed up; we had no idea a priori that such a fantastic art even existed in the Murong family library. It's possible that they had more hidden treasures.

If Murong family art is so good, then why the need to learn all the other arts of the martial world?

han solo
    Did he? We know that Murong Fu tried to learn a lot of different (useless) arts, but Murong Bo I am not so sure.

There exists such a line in DGSD chapter 21: 他生平于天下武学无所不突击,只可惜没见到大理段氏的六脉神剑剑谱,以及少林派的易筋经

What does the bolded/underlined statement say? Can someone well-versed in Chinese enlighten us?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Did he? We know that Murong Fu tried to learn a lot of different (useless) arts, but Murong Bo I am not so sure.

There exists such a line in DGSD chapter 21: 他生平于天下武学无所不突击,只可惜没见到大理段氏的六脉神剑剑谱,以及少林派的易筋经

What does the bolded/underlined statement say? Can someone well-versed in Chinese enlighten us?
    It implies that he did a sharp and intense but quick study of all the arts. My understanding is that he went thru everything but did not spend much time on each one. Makes sense, if he spent 10 years studying crap like the Trigram Sabre him would have no time for anything else.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    It implies that he did a sharp and intense but quick study of all the arts. My understanding is that he went thru everything but did not spend much time on each one. Makes sense, if he spent 10 years studying crap like the Trigram Sabre him would have no time for anything else.
    CC is right!
    突击 = (in this context) 谓集中力量﹐加快速度﹐在短时期内完成任务。
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!