Thread: Who's the singer in Empress Wu?

Default Who's the singer in Empress Wu?

Does anyone know who sings the theme songs in the series?

If you're refering to the Empress Wu series with Fung Bobo, the singer I believe is Fung Bobo herself.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=r1h405JSGwE

I'm so confused, I know there's a Empress Wu series where Teresa Cheung Tak Lan sings the songs.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 01-10-08 at 01:25 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    If you're refering to the Empress Wu series with Fung Bobo, the singer I believe is Fung Bobo herself.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=r1h405JSGwE

I'm so confused, I know there's a Empress Wu series where Teresa Cheung Tak Lan sings the songs.
    The Fung Bobo series is the one I was thinking of, but I'm listening to a subtheme right now, and it doesn't sound like the youtube clip. The singer in the theme I'm listening to sounds much softer, with generous use of vibrato, while the youtube clip sounds much harsher.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    The Fung Bobo series is the one I was thinking of, but I'm listening to a subtheme right now, and it doesn't sound like the youtube clip. The singer in the theme I'm listening to sounds much softer, with generous use of vibrato, while the youtube clip sounds much harsher.
    Then it could be Teresa Cheung Tak Lan (she also sang for the ROCH84 theme and sub songs). I only have the songs on CD.

the youtube is the opening theme, I think is sung by Fung Bobo, but another version of the theme and subs are sung by Cheung Tak Lan (at least to my knowledge it is).
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 01-10-08 at 07:25 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Then it could be Teresa Cheung Tak Lan (she also sang for the ROCH84 theme and sub songs). I only have the songs on CD.

the youtube is the opening theme, I think is sung by Fung Bobo, but another version of the theme and subs are sung by Cheung Tak Lan (at least to my knowledge it is).
    That's the one. She sounds sooo different from ROCH 83, perhaps due to the mix which puts her further in front of the instrumentation, as opposed to ROCH 83, where her vocals seemed overwhelmed by the strings at times. Still, allowing for this, I wouldn't have guessed they were the same singer.