Thread: Rise/Fall Of The Condor Heroes

Default Rise/Fall Of The Condor Heroes

I read somewhere that Jin Yong released some unpublished drafts novel of his, namely Rise Of The Condor Heroes (射鵰英雄前傳) and Fall Of The Condor Heroes (射鵰英雄後傳). Anyone read them before or know where to get them?

Note that I'm not referring to fan-fictions that uses his name as the author, but drafts released by Jin Yong himself.

These were widely available in the U.S. a few years ago, but I don't think that's the case anymore. Regardless, Jin Yong had *nothing* to do with these books.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    There are two previously unpublished drafts related to the novel written by the author, The Rise of the Condor Heroes (射鵰英雄前傳), which supposedly a prequel and The Fall of the Condor Heroes (射鵰英雄後傳) supposedly a finale. However, they are consider non-canonicals despite written by the author himself, as on The Fall of the Condor Heroes (射鵰英雄後傳) by Jinyong, that he originally depicts Guo Jing and his wife retreats to Peach Blossem Island after the city was conquered and the Southern Song Dynasty beginning its fall and Ouyang Feng (歐陽鋒) depicted as a Mongolian ally. Elements of this non-canonical story later used on canonical The Return of the Condor Heroes and Heavenly Sword & Dragon Saber. In 2000s, both drafts have been published.
    Source= http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_..._condor_heroes
    According to this, Jin Yong did write it. I don't know if this is true though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    According to this, Jin Yong did write it. I don't know if this is true though.
    You do realize anyone can post info on wikipedia right? Not everything on Wiki is correct 100%.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Yup, initially I saw this in Wikipedia, and I expect someone would reply and say anyone can edit Wikipedia

I did some searching but only found fan-fictions, hence I posted here for some feedbacks. I can read very little Chinese, so exploring JinYong Teahouse (http://jinyong.ylib.com.tw/) is not an option. For all I know, Jin Yong could've published/released it elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Yup, initially I saw this in Wikipedia, and I expect someone would reply and say anyone can edit Wikipedia

I did some searching but only found fan-fictions, hence I posted here for some feedbacks. I can read very little Chinese, so exploring JinYong Teahouse (http://jinyong.ylib.com.tw/) is not an option. For all I know, Jin Yong could've published/released it elsewhere.
    I'm telling you: these are not Jin Yong-written or even Jin Yong-sanctioned works.

Were these books published in the U.S., the copyright lawyers would have been all over it years ago. I doubt the books even could have been published.

Hong Kong/China's copyright laws during the 1980s and 1990s being what they were, well...

But I tell you unequivocably: these books are not part of Jin Yong's canon. From what I've been told, the content of these works is so ludicrous it makes TVB's worst rewrites look like the real deal by comparison.