Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    More songs from Gwanny:

- Jimmy Lin's Happiness Prime 快乐至上 - theme song of tv series "Legendary Twins 绝代双骄".

- Kay Tse's hit Zhong Wu Yan 鍾無艷

Well done, Gwanny! I love those! =D But I can't download T_T

RWX, I still prefer your voice doing Andy's song or someone lower pitch. Keep up the good work!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Default Karaoke anyone?

Does anyone here sing Karaoke? Can you break the stereotype of a drunken Asian businessman singing off-key? I would like to hear some, or be directed to some good links of someone doing it.

I don't care if it's a traditional Asian opera, or Rock & Roll/R&B or Broadway. I don't care if you suck or if you're pro - I enjoy good and bad singing. I would like to hear some SPCNET people singing or rapping. Strictly for entertainment of course.

We've got a nice Music Forum here, so I'm going to move this over there.

OK! You're up, Ken. Sing.

I just went last night. I've done a lot of k in the last month, my voice has gotten kinda coarse.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    I just went last night. I've done a lot of k in the last month, my voice has gotten kinda coarse.
    You can take advantage of that to sing blues, jazz, or hard rock.

I can't sing, so I try not to. I'd rather play the bass instead ... in a real band.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

a lot of the food in the karaoke places have spices and other I dunno what seasoning (or even MSG I guess) in it that clogs up my throat LOL. It's even worse when I drink too. Makes it real tough to sing... but luckily it's just for fun and laughs so I laugh at myself when my throat locks up and I screw up, which is quite often.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    a lot of the food in the karaoke places have spices and other I dunno what seasoning (or even MSG I guess) in it that clogs up my throat LOL. It's even worse when I drink too. Makes it real tough to sing... but luckily it's just for fun and laughs so I laugh at myself when my throat locks up and I screw up, which is quite often.
    Tell you what, foxy: next time you have that allergic reaction, pick a Bob Dylan song to sing. You'll probably end up sounding *exactly* like the real item!

Default Music of the Night Karaoke

Ok fine, I'll step out and embarrass myself. I do it all the time in front of people. Only fair, since I'm the one pulling out the grenade for the rest of you to jump on.

I just picked up my gaming microphone that I had for World of Warcraft, and sang this over a karaoke track. There's lots of hisses and pops on top of the lousy singing.

This is the last half of Music of the Night from Phantom of the Opera - a broadway classic. This song is so damn hard for a Tenor and I think I busted a testicle hitting the high note.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsdQlWqioqg

It's part of my audition set at theatres, but it doesn't always come through for me. I got cut in the first round of auditions last Sunday, losing to a couple of guys that just out belted me. You can obviously tell that I lack singing power and control, and I am the worst singer at my theatre (yay me). I can sing rock and pop songs more accurately and maybe I'll do something like that later tonight.

OK now someone else post theirs for me to laugh at. I just made a fool of myself.
    Last edited by ChuckC; 07-15-09 at 12:27 AM.

You have a decent voice, not a professional singer (sorry to say), but your voice is pretty good. I think for that clip at least, it's not your voice itself, but what you did with it that made parts of the song not work out. At certain parts (especially the more dramatic parts), I felt that you were trying to imitate the Phantom rather than just being yourself. Of course, for the purpose of karaoke, you're supposed to imitate. But if you do want to use that for auditions, I think you could just sing it naturally like you did at the beginning. It sounded nice then.
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    You have a decent voice, not a professional singer (sorry to say), but your voice is pretty good. I think for that clip at least, it's not your voice itself, but what you did with it that made parts of the song not work out. At certain parts (especially the more dramatic parts), I felt that you were trying to imitate the Phantom rather than just being yourself. Of course, for the purpose of karaoke, you're supposed to imitate. But if you do want to use that for auditions, I think you could just sing it naturally like you did at the beginning. It sounded nice then.
    Yep, definitely. I just sang that into a mic and was having fun. I'm not pro or equity level yet for theatre. I'm about 2 or 3 years from being able to sing that song professionally. Like I said, I do more rock and pop. Phantom is very very tough.

Ok, YOUR turn

BTW though I like that kind of critique. It gives me stuff to work on.

BTW does anyone want to make a duet? I'm recording a few duets right now with some myspace girls, hopefully I'll have a few done soon. But this includes other guys that want to sing some group songs with harmony. Anything ranging from Beatles to Def Leppard, or even Broadway songs which I need to work on developing my singing for.

All you need is a shitty MIC like what I did, and a free sound recording software like Audacity. It won't be pro but it'll sound really cool recording stuff with people halfway across the globe.

Our own SPCNET Karaoke Corner

I guess back by popular demand, here is me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcIovZ0DGMA (j/k but this is what drunken karaoke should be!!!)
    Last edited by oGaKirA; 07-15-09 at 07:03 AM.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckC View Post
    This is the last half of Music of the Night from Phantom of the Opera - a broadway classic. This song is so damn hard for a Tenor and I think I busted a testicle hitting the high note.
    Just got done listening...Pretty dam good. To be a tenor is good enuff. Not alot of guys can even sing in that range. I also like broadway songs. very voice driven.

Yes you would benefit from better recording shtuff.

At the end, all that matters if you have fun. Hope to hear more from ya
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Default Duet

Hey thanks OgaKira.. Any constructive comment, good or bad, is going to get me better. I'll pretty much do anything to make people laugh or smile.

So back with the duet thing...

Okay so after I recorded that lame clip of "Music of the Night," some gal on myspace wanted to jump in with me on a duet. She's a theatre performer in Tennessee, about 18. I don't know much else about her but she sure sounds beautiful.

We got it done just now. This is a short clip of "All I Ask of You", again from Phantom. And Hey Jaded, I'm not pretending to be the Phantom on this one, just my retarded self . We had great fun and we'll do some more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5tDzIHe3Oo

I would like to do some duets or harmonizing with SPCNET users too. Any genre, even do requests. Also, I need some guys to help me do Def Leppard and other pop, rock, metal, and blues songs. People will laugh and have a good time, and it's a great way to meet people.
    Last edited by ChuckC; 07-15-09 at 08:32 PM. Reason: grammar

Hi Cedced! How have you been? Gone somewhere nice?

Another Gwanny's recording:
    Jacqueline Wu Qian Lian's You are not the only ranger 天下浪子不独你一人

OGa, we are still waiting...
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

It's pretty good Chuck! Actually you do sound a bit like Gerald Butler.

That's a nice "be" you belt out in the middle. Drink some more and belt out some more!

My latest: You are not the only ranger 天下浪子不独你一人 originally by Jacqueline Wu.

Chucky, like OGa said, come join us at the Spcnet Karaoke Corner thread. You can find songs by Spcnet masters like, ahem, the don't-know-how-to-describe Hoju!. *chokes frantically*
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckC View Post
    Hey thanks OgaKira.. Any constructive comment, good or bad, is going to get me better. I'll pretty much do anything to make people laugh or smile.

So back with the duet thing...

Okay so after I recorded that lame clip of "Music of the Night," some gal on myspace wanted to jump in with me on a duet. She's a theatre performer in Tennessee, about 18. I don't know much else about her but she sure sounds beautiful.

We got it done just now. This is a short clip of "All I Ask of You", again from Phantom. And Hey Jaded, I'm not pretending to be the Phantom on this one, just my retarded self . We had great fun and we'll do some more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5tDzIHe3Oo

I would like to do some duets or harmonizing with SPCNET users too. Any genre, even do requests. Also, I need some guys to help me do Def Leppard and other pop, rock, metal, and blues songs. People will laugh and have a good time, and it's a great way to meet people.
    I liked this one much better. You sounded good without trying to sound too much like someone else, but still got the point across. Your duet partner on the other hand I was not too fond of. She seems to lose control of her voice every now and then.

I know, I'm picky for a person who doesn't sing :P.
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    I know, I'm picky for a person who doesn't sing :P.
    Simon Cowell doesn't sing either; that doesn't stop him from ripping into some of the contestants that appear on his talent programs.