Thread: High School or College

Default High School or College

k, i'm pretty sure this belongs in the right section instead of academia

but yeah, for those of you that are attending/have attended college(sorry youngsters. wait a few years, then maybe u can make a post )..looking back, did u enjoy high school more or college? how have u changed?

well, there are many differences in and out of the classroom. to name a few--
    it's less "clique-ish" in college, professors treat you like an adult (hopefully ), SO much more freedom<3, you're able to manage your own schedule, much more clubs and activities offered, a WIDE range of diversity (not just racial wise but also ppl from ALL OVER THIS GODDAMN PLANET WE CALL EARTH), and basically you're a grown up and on your way to the finer things in life. jK.

but in HS, you really got nothing to worry about(to a certain extent, yes!) everyday, it's the same damn thing..idk if thats a good thing or not but certain people likes a fixed routine you don't have to worry about paying for any of ur education expenses. you're still a 'kid'..u go to school..u go back to your comfy home. pretty much, less responsibilities. and less homework. u can even get extra credit to boost ur grades up to 963520%! anddd ur not at the point in ur life where you are SO close to making up ur mind about what u want to do in the 40+ years of working ur *** off.

feel free to add to the list. hm, my professor from my freshman seminar class handed out a worksheet distinguishing the 2..i've yet to find it. it had some good bullets.

BTW, is it freshmAn or freshmEn!?!?

---------------------------------------

college gets my pick. or maybe because how i've changed throughout the years makes the overall experience more "enjoyable"..
    one thing i know for sure is i dont miss the HS drama it can be so ****ing obnoxious sometimes when ur in a place filled with *special people
    but yea, i'm loving the freedom. i LOVE how classes only meet every other day and how I GET TO PICK the days and time n i love meeting ppl from all over the world. *connections connections! oh right, let's not forget the kickass 1 month long winter break.
    i've become so much nicer too, so i'm meeting some interesting people. i still grill at people i don't know much though like on the first few days of classes which scares everyone away from me.
    Last edited by imthatlady; 01-16-08 at 12:45 AM.
    number of piercings - 8 and counting.

<3 them.

FreshmAn is singular....you are a freshmAn. FreshmEn is pluaral. The people in your first-year classes are freshmEn. (such a sexist word, we just say frosh lol).

i love hs....less work more playing.....college too much work, less playing....

I enjoyed my 1st two years of college the most. That's when classes were still easy and I could coast through the assignments. From my 3rd year onward, my time shifted from playing to studying.

I would also pick college over high school anyday. I didn't go to a typical high school where there were jocks and cheerleaders and "cool" crowds. (If anything, the nerds made fun of the stupid people.) Even so, the freedom I got in college was great! And I got to meet so many different people every year... which wasn't possible in high school because it's the same people year in, year out.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

the best years of my life happened during Uni. i can't recall much of HS since i hated my school, the teachers and students!

I partied hard in H.S. illegally...But I partied like a ROCKSTAR in college which makes college the hardest years of my life ( studying wise)...
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

college much more fun. hs was boring
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

I get more free time in college and do what i want... BUT HS was more fun.... i'm the type that shouldn't be let loose... I need some control (or rather someone to control me haha)

On face value, uni seemed more fun because of being over legal age and more partying in general. But if I think about it properly, I'd say I was happiest in my high school years. Less stress academically and socially and less responsiblity in general.
    I guess after high school I "woke up" and noticed all the *****ing around me whereas when I was in high school I was probably just ignorant of it. I've noticed contrary to popular belief, people don't grow out of being petty.

I've made more people in my uni years, but I would say I've formed my best friendships from my high school years.

Quote Originally Posted by KeongJai View Post
    On face value, uni seemed more fun because of being over legal age and more partying in general. But if I think about it properly, I'd say I was happiest in my high school years. Less stress academically and socially and less responsiblity in general.
    I guess after high school I "woke up" and noticed all the *****ing around me whereas when I was in high school I was probably just ignorant of it. I've noticed contrary to popular belief, people don't grow out of being petty.

I've made more people in my uni years, but I would say I've formed my best friendships from my high school years.

I think as people grow up, they become more "uglier"... not outside but the inside because of the fights with other in life for possition. This is why at the age of middle/highschool is where people/friends are nicer in general. They might be knit picking on small stuff, but they're not as ruthless as adults are. If you have a group of friends in HS they're always happy to see/help you out, VS the people in college where friendship doesn't run at a deeper level, more at a job level.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    If you have a group of friends in HS they're always happy to see/help you out, VS the people in college where friendship doesn't run at a deeper level, more at a job level.
    This reminded me of something one of my friend said back in college. "Right now we're helping each other out, but once we graduate, we're each other competition." I had to laugh because I never thought about it that way and it was so true.

Once again, I think I'm the odd one out. I met most of my close friends in college. I don't really hangout with anyone from high school.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyT View Post
    Once again, I think I'm the odd one out. I met most of my close friends in college. I don't really hangout with anyone from high school.
    im like that. most of my friends now are from uni. i don't have any friends from HS.

The degree of cynism is often directly or exponentially proportional to the level of education you get. And apparently so is the level of arrogance.

I find it's the opposite. You don't help each other out in university because you're competitors. But once you graduate, you're not anymore, because you each go your own ways. At least that's often the mentality in my school.

Quote Originally Posted by u4ria View Post
    im like that. most of my friends now are from uni. i don't have any friends from HS.
    haha same. i just coudn't really find my own "clique" in HS 'cause everybody was in their own damn cliques already i had probably 1000 acquaintances but only 5 'close' friends..and half of them didn't even go to my school

then, once i got in uni i'm meeting more people and it's like a fresh start. new faces, new me. it's great haha. and everyone is so much more open to meeting new people so i wasn't the only one and i gotta say, i'm forming many new lifelong friendships compared to HS

or did something *else play in the role

<3 them.

Quote Originally Posted by imthatlady View Post
    or did something *else play in the role
    you could be a late bloomer and by the time you found yourself, people have already bonded in their circle to accept a newcomer...

in my case, i got kicked out of a private school, and the public school kids thought i was such a yuppy...plus i was such a rebel without a cause parents didn't wanted their kids to be friends with me LOL

Quote Originally Posted by u4ria View Post
    you could be a late bloomer and by the time you found yourself, people have already bonded in their circle to accept a newcomer...
    yes!

in my case, i got kicked out of a private school, and the public school kids thought i was such a yuppy...plus i was such a rebel without a cause parents didn't wanted their kids to be friends with me LOL
    thats weird :O
    i always thought it was the other way around

<3 them.

i enjoy my high school years more, at least the overall experience: more troubles, better adventure, less responsibility, being lost and innocent, good immature friends.

college years were pretty nice too although more responsibility, frustration, and struggling.

I would say, College is better. Although, it was hard to fit in, as the only Asian in most of my classes. Its alright, thats life, for you. I just blend in, but its not always that easily said then done. Most of my thinking approaches are rather different, than most of the other classmates. Which makes most of my group projects stands out all the time. Thats the fun part to see who shines and who flops, without being scared to share with others, what do you got to show and be able to put out on the table?
    Last edited by mind_wander; 01-29-08 at 04:15 PM.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

well, right now i am taking ged classes.. which means that i have dropped out of highsschool.. the main reason being was cause of my exit exam.. also, i believe that highschool was okay.. there were many things that i didn't agree upon like dress code and certain rules.. i am almost goin to my first yr of college and i am extremely happy cuz i would like to see what it is all about..

university... please! lol.

actually, i enjoyed my time both at the high school and college level. the nice thing about high school was that i was *always* around my friends. not to mention that fact that there was little to worry about!

however, overall, i think i prefer college life. there's just so much more autonomy - i'm in control of my schedule, for the most part... and i get to take classes that i'm interested in. the downside is that i don't see my friends as often. i got to an urban school where most of the students live off campus - so we're constantly commuting. also, the average age of my college is much higher than the typical range... so i don't know very many people my age w. similar interests. on the flipside, i meet a lot of people who are very different!

also, call me a nerd, but i like the challenges of college! xP

just fyi, i'm currently a post-bacc student & it's my 5th year at the uni. ^^