Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ANdy Lau jumps from stage and punch security to save fan

Default ANdy Lau jumps from stage and punch security to save fan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV_RC...eature=related

The incident happened at Andy Lau's Mainland China concert tour, its last stop at Chengdu.
    Since the start of the concert the fans were already very enthusiastic, until the encore segment where it's was going to be the last song and dance, everybody stood up and rushed towards the stage.

One particular male fan got through and managed to get onto the front of the stage to shake hand and give flowers to Andy
    When the security and ploice noticed that somebody managed to get onto the stage and grab hold onto Andy, they immediately went to get him. Clip from Youtube shows security not only tried to drag him away, they punched him and kicked him.

Andy, seeing this from the stage, asked them not to take force against the fan. On the Youtube, you can hear that Andy stopped singing and says "Stop!" When he saw that they did not respond, he jumped off the stage to protect that fan. It resulted a chaos as some of the crew member, security guards and Andy's personal security guards got into a fight. In result, Andy could not carry on singing as he personally had to bring that fan to the back to prevent the security guards from getting to him.

(Watch the Clip below)

The video has been circulated and has tons of hits. It is believed that Andy is the only singer in the world that care-less of his safety to jump off the stage to rescue the fan.
    After returning to the stage, the audience continued their screaming as they looked Andy as a hero, they kept screaming "Wah Zai I Love You", upon seeing Andy jumping off from such a high stage and safely returning to the stage, furthermore could continue to sing and dance, it shows that he didn't injured himself.

Later, Andy said on stage: "I know these securities and policemen are here for the good of all of you, I apologize to let you all worry, I'm okay! I'm very good! There is rules for concert, no matter how enthusiastic the fans are, I hope that you remember the importance of safety, there's no need to rushed forward and do anything against the rules, if all of you love me and support me,
    I knew all of that, if you want to get close to me, it is not difficult, join Andy World Club,
    we can always meet in my fan club gathering! Please don't use any un-safe methods to make me worry and also put the securities and policemen in a difficult position."

After the concert ended, Andy initially thought he could celebrate the success of his last stop, however such matter spolit his feelings. He said: "When I see the fan being pushed and hit by the policemen, I was shell shocked, I immediately asked them to stop but nobody listen to me, thus I jumped off the stage.

The fan was wrong as he should not break through the line and come onto the stage, but he did this to show he supported me. I was worried what the securities would do to punish him, so I jumped off the stage and told them to let this matter go, just forgive him once."
    Andy said that he knew that many fans will be worried upon seeing him jumped off the stage, it also scared several crew members, thinking back it's quite risky on his part, luckily he's not injured.

He quipped: "When the concert just started, I just promise the fans that I'll take good care of myself as I would not do any dangerous stunts, unexpectedly until the encore I performed a dangerous stunt, it must have scared the 60,000 audience, I apologize for that!"

I guess kudos for him to jump all the way.. but it looked like he was trying to be cool
    Last edited by Sugar; 01-16-08 at 08:48 PM.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Andy Lau has long had a reputation as one of the class acts and stand-up guys in the Hong Kong entertainment industry. All celebrities should be this responsible.

lol...it's funny how Andy did all that and managed to jump back on stage and continued singing. Thanks for sharing.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Where was the magic condor hiding!?
    This account is retired.

SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

i think i just became a fan of andy
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Andy has posted his feelings about this in the forum of Andy World Club.

http://forum.awc618.com/showthread.php?t=4395
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

wow andy hes so brave and carefree, i love him even more now.

look like Andy lip syncing...how can he be offstage but still hear his voice?

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Andy has posted his feelings about this in the forum of Andy World Club.

http://forum.awc618.com/showthread.php?t=4395
    can u translate this please?

今夜我心納悶 , 原本十六塲完美的演出 , 在此刻該是開懷慶祝 , 卻因為一位不懂事的天使 ,我心毁了 !!!!! 他情不自禁的攀越欄杆 , 卻沒有想到後果 , 保安慌了 , 為了想保護我對他做出難看的行為 , 我也為了想保護他對保安做出難看的行為 , 為何他要教世界變得那麽難看 , 我更傷心的是當我保護他之後 , 回到座位他的舉動卻換來他同伴歡呼 , 我希望是我多心 , 他是做錯事 , 我也為他做錯事 , 為何歡呼 !!! 更希望他們能反省想一想我要的是甚麼 , 有日能向保安人員道歉 , 世界會因此更美麗 , 我夢想會因此美滿 !!!!!!!! 還好有這個加油站讓我吐吐苦水 , 不然我就瘋了 , 但願喜歡我的人不要再讓我難看 , 別擔心我 !! 一覺醒來我會振作 , 明天又是美麗的一天......................................... ...... 還有一句心裡話 , 我為家人而驕傲

Translation:

Today, I felt very strange inside. Originally, I had just finished sixteen perfect shows, and consequently right now I should be celebrating. But because of the actions of an inappropriate angel, my mood has been ruined!!!!! He couldn't help himself and hopped over the railing, but didn't imagine what the repercussions would be. The security officers were flustered, and, in trying to protect me, acted towards him in a way that was very ugly to behold. In turn, I, trying to protect him, acted towards the security officers in a way that was very ugly to behold. Why did he [referring to the fan] cause this ugly scene to occur? What caused me to become even sadder was the fact that after I protected him and and he returned to his seats, I seemed to see the other fans were cheering him. I hope that I am just being overly sensitive; he acted improperly, and so did I. Why is it that people were cheering? I truly hope that they will reflect on this situation and think about what it is, exactly, that I want. I hope that one day, they will apologize to those security officers; the world will become a better place. I hope that everything will be resolved perfectly in such a manner! It was fortunate that nearby there was a gas station, where I could spit out the bitter water that was rising to my mouth; otherwise, I would've gone crazy! I truly hope that my fans won't embarass me like this anymore. Don't give me things to worry about!! When I wake up tomorrow, it'll be a new and beautiful day....there's one last thing I want to say. I'm proud of my family members!

End translation.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Translation:

Today, I felt very strange inside. Originally, I had just finished sixteen perfect shows, and consequently right now I should be celebrating. But because of the actions of an inappropriate angel, my mood has been ruined!!!!! He couldn't help himself and hopped over the railing, but didn't imagine what the repercussions would be. The security officers were flustered, and, in trying to protect me, acted towards him in a way that was very ugly to behold. In turn, I, trying to protect him, acted towards the security officers in a way that was very ugly to behold. Why did he [referring to the fan] cause this ugly scene to occur? What caused me to become even sadder was the fact that after I protected him and and he returned to his seats, I seemed to see the other fans were cheering him. I hope that I am just being overly sensitive; he acted improperly, and so did I. Why is it that people were cheering? I truly hope that they will reflect on this situation and think about what it is, exactly, that I want. I hope that one day, they will apologize to those security officers; the world will become a better place. I hope that everything will be resolved perfectly in such a manner! It was fortunate that nearby there was a gas station, where I could spit out the bitter water that was rising to my mouth; otherwise, I would've gone crazy! I truly hope that my fans won't embarass me like this anymore. Don't give me things to worry about!! When I wake up tomorrow, it'll be a new and beautiful day....there's one last thing I want to say. I'm proud of my family members!

End translation.
    cool thanks RWX

NP. Overall, it seemed quite stream-of-consciousness.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Andy's a great guy in many ways.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Andy's born on the same day as my cousin , but its a she.

Kudos for Andy's bravery!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002 View Post
    Where was the magic condor hiding!?
    Maybe that fan was the magic condor...in human form :P
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I think those security guards went overboard. They should of had just dragged the guy back not beat him like that. And they should of had stopped beating him when Andy said to stop. And even after Andy jumped from stage, they still continued to beat the guy who was on the floor. It's good to see that they take their job seriously and want to ensure Andy's safety, but these guards really crossed the lines. To protect one person they're beating up another person. They should of had been better prepared to handle this kind of situation.
    Last edited by GuGu; 01-17-08 at 05:58 PM.

Andy did well, he's a cool guy. The fan was wrong but so are the security guards.

I don't know how the procedural law is over in China, but from the clip the security guards didn't use reasonable force to subdue the fan. The force was excessive I mean it doesn't require 4 or 5 guys to subdue a harmless unarm fan. It was the security guards fault in the first place have they done their job right, the fan wouldn't even gotten so close to the stage in the first place.

Kudo's for Andy for doing the right thing..
    "You can't make the world come out right just because you want it that way."

Well from the videos, it's very hard to pass judgements on the security guards. Put yourself in their position. If the perpetrator was resisting, I would have been kicking some butt too. Imagine if other fans decided to follow the guys example. There would have been chaos! And no, you cannot stop everything from happening. So just doing your job is not enough.

Even Andy is pisssed at the fan in his statement.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    Well from the videos, it's very hard to pass judgements on the security guards. Put yourself in their position. If the perpetrator was resisting, I would have been kicking some butt too. Imagine if other fans decided to follow the guys example. There would have been chaos! And no, you cannot stop everything from happening. So just doing your job is not enough.

Even Andy is pisssed at the fan in his statement.
    Yeah, but the security guards should of had been better prepared to begin with. I mean what were they expecting? This is a huge superstar performing, there is gonna be a few crazy fans out there. Just pulling the guy back with 2 at max security guards would of had been enough. Not 4-6 security guys kicking him. That's just disgusting. I mean they're security guards, not police officers. They don't have the right to hurt people. They just ganged up on the dude. Even if the dude was trying to get up and walk away it looked difficult to push off 4-6 security guards.