Thread: Simple question: did Sor Goo lead 6 Freaks through Peach Blossom Formation?

Default Simple question: did Sor Goo lead 6 Freaks through Peach Blossom Formation?

Simple yes/no answer will do for this one.

When the Gong Nam 6 Freaks arrived on Peach Blossom Island to prevent a fight between East Heretic Wong Yerk See and the Cheun Jen 6 Disciples, was Sor Goo the one who led the Freaks through the Peach Blossom Formation?

I believe the answer is yes.

Why do you ask?
    ZOMG I'm back! Did ya miss me? (yeah, probably didn't...)

I heard there was a secret chord
    That David played, and it pleased the Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by dewyloony123 View Post
    I believe the answer is yes.

Why do you ask?
    Because it was presented very strangely in LOCH '82.

In LOCH '82, East Heretic Wong Yerk See and Sor Goo were inside Wong's house on the island when they were informed by a servant that "six strange people" (i.e. the 6 Freaks) were waiting for Wong in the reception room. I found it strange that without guidance, the 6 Freaks were able to get as far as the house. Gwok Jing couldn't when he first visited the island (and his martial arts at that point were already better than those of his Freaks teachers), and even Greats such as North Beggar Hung 7 Gung, West Poison Au Yeung Fung, and Chow Bak Tung couldn't get through without guidance.

But I *really* didn't need another "TVB/read the novels" lecture, so I decided to make it a yes/no question.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Because it was presented very strangely in LOCH '82.

In LOCH '82, East Heretic Wong Yerk See and Sor Goo were inside Wong's house on the island when they were informed by a servant that "six strange people" (i.e. the 6 Freaks) were waiting for Wong in the reception room. I found it strange that without guidance, the 6 Freaks were able to get as far as the house. Gwok Jing couldn't when he first visited the island (and his martial arts at that point were already better than those of his Freaks teachers), and even Greats such as North Beggar Hung 7 Gung, West Poison Au Yeung Fung, and Chow Bak Tung couldn't get through without guidance.
    Wow... kudos to you for remembering that detail! (I've seen LOCH '82 too somewhat recently (~5 yrs ago)--DEFINITELY didn't remember that level of detaill)

I believe what happened was WYS got the letter from the 7 Freaks announcing their intention to visit and wasn't keen on receiving them, so he left instructions with Sor Goo. She was supposed to receive the 7 Freaks and make sure they were well-accommodated, etc. But Sor Goo is kind of, well, sor, so that didn't work out well...

To be fair, though, it's not like he could've asked his ex-con deaf and dumb servants to be the hosts...
    Last edited by dewyloony123; 01-17-08 at 08:11 PM.
    ZOMG I'm back! Did ya miss me? (yeah, probably didn't...)

I heard there was a secret chord
    That David played, and it pleased the Lord.