Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Art of Horoscope/Astrology

I was ready to come in here, bust out some points from one of my term papers disproving astrology, but instead I was greeted by really adorable drawings. So cute!

Astrology can be a fun past-time, and it's definitely interesting, but I don't believe in it.

Default Thank you!

Well, I take astrology more from a science interest approach, but I know in any way, I can't. There are actually 13 signs.

Why,thank you jadebunny but I've been feeling guilty and dare not step in...until I have my mission accomplished (still procrastinating).

Here's another something. Expressions of a very unrealistic cat. Showing my moods actually. Using markers.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1064/528887771_ac0e08377e.jpg')
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    but I've been feeling guilty and dare not step in...until I have my mission accomplished (still procrastinating).]
    Now that you've reminded me, where is my 'bellamia' bunny pic.?

LOL, I'm so procrastinating right now as well. I should be writing a report to submit to a client in 1 hour, but instead I'm listening to music and browsing spcnet.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    Now that you've reminded me, where is my 'bellamia' bunny pic.?

LOL, I'm so procrastinating right now as well. I should be writing a report to submit to a client in 1 hour, but instead I'm listening to music and browsing spcnet.
    There you go. The biggest devil that haunt us all.....procrastination.

I actually started off drafting a playboy bunny, until when I was ready to marker away....I added a pair of horns on its head

Put the music source away. I'll wait here for you (don't worry), and work on that report
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Well, I take astrology more from a science interest approach, but I know in any way, I can't. There are actually 13 signs.

Why,thank you jadebunny but I've been feeling guilty and dare not step in...until I have my mission accomplished (still procrastinating).

Here's another something. Expressions of a very unrealistic cat. Showing my moods actually. Using markers.
    Despite how non-scientific it is, it's interesting to see that there are a lot of people who actually do consider it a science.

Very cute pictures. Reminds me of my brother who used to draw a lot of comics for me, until he's not either too busy with work or adoring his car-wife.

I should be leaving to have a meeting with the lab manager but I'm still too sleepy...bah, I better be there before county inspection comes.

If you can track down a copy of Linda Goodman's Sun Signs you might find it quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    Despite how non-scientific it is, it's interesting to see that there are a lot of people who actually do consider it a science.

Very cute pictures. Reminds me of my brother who used to draw a lot of comics for me, until he's not either too busy with work or adoring his car-wife.
    Yeah, astrology can be an interesting subject. The 12 planets, to the best of my knowledge, have relations with the 12 signs. There's timing to consider too. I'm just curious how we are connected to one of the 12 signs, and the 12 signs to it's mythology (with the guardian). Oh yeah, I know I'm not allow to believe in all that. I'm just such a curious crit. Which sign do you fall under?

Bella, may I guess if you're a Cancerian?

Hey James, I have read abit in that book. It's detailed and not bad.

Yeah, astrology can be an interesting subject. The 12 planets, to the best of my knowledge, have relations with the 12 signs. There's timing to consider too. I'm just curious how we are connected to one of the 12 signs, and the 12 signs to it's mythology (with the guardian). Oh yeah, I know I'm not allow to believe in all that. I'm just such a curious crit. Which sign do you fall under?
    I used to believe in astrology a lot when I was younger...and I'd always be reading my weekly predictions, haha. One time I was watching a documentary about astrology and they decided to conduct a simple test. They took a serial murderer's astrological profile and gave it to a group of women of different occupations, age groups, and signs. Of course they didn't know that they were being tested. What happened was that the women all declared that the reading could not have described them any better.

I'm a Taurus. In general, I find the descriptions to be rather true, but then again....when I look at the other signs, I see some of myself being described too.

I used to believe in astrology a lot when I was younger...and I'd always be reading my weekly predictions, haha. One time I was watching a documentary about astrology and they decided to conduct a simple test. They took a serial murderer's astrological profile and gave it to a group of women of different occupations, age groups, and signs. Of course they didn't know that they were being tested. What happened was that the women all declared that the reading could not have described them any better.

I'm a Taurus. In general, I find the descriptions to be rather true, but then again....when I look at the other signs, I see some of myself being described too.
    This astrology thing..... I'm still trying not to believe in it, totally.

I used to read up those predictions too. Just a way to challenge how true can it be as I am not easily convinced. Sometimes I find similarities. But knowing it's too general, I've decided to not waste time with that. I waste my time on reading the characteristics of individual astrology signs from different astrologers instead. The possible behaviour, and personality that is. Oh, and the chemistry among the 12 signs. I think that is what meant by the science part of astrology. It becomes more of astronomy than just astrology. The timing, movement, the milky way, the celestial and all that details.

You may want to check out this site:http://www.astro.com/cgi/atxgen.cgi?btyp=apx&. Be sure that the link takes you to a page called Astrodienst and not some Hot Action sites. When you do a Personal Portrait and you'll see how sophiscatedly you're made of.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Bella, may I guess if you're a Cancerian?
    Cheh, I don't think I fit the "Cancer" profile at all. What led you to this conclusion? I'm a Virgo.

Anyhow, I will elaborate more on this topic later. Got to go to work now....tada...

Cheh, I don't think I fit the "Cancer" profile at all. What led you to this conclusion? I'm a Virgo.

Anyhow, I will elaborate more on this topic later. Got to go to work now....tada...
    Well,....a Cancerian was just my random guess . But, my reason for that guess also depend on my observation sofar (hmmm, no, it's nothing about stalking.) A Virgo! The next down-to-earth sign after Taurus (Capricorn will be next). Earth signs are usually admirable people at work. Consistent, and organised. I awaite for the details.

You may want to check out this site:http://www.astro.com/cgi/atxgen.cgi?btyp=apx&. Be sure that the link takes you to a page called Astrodienst and not some Hot Action sites. When you do a Personal Portrait and you'll see how sophiscatedly you're made of.
    That was certainly an interesting read. Quite specific, but rather untrue. I had a good chuckle though. It basically said I'm an ambitious, determined, often obstinate (haha), and sensitive to offense (who isn't?).

Because you feel that you do not deserve to be happy and contented, you overemphasize your negative qualities.

That couldn't be more untrue.

That was certainly an interesting read. Quite specific, but rather untrue. I had a good chuckle though. It basically said I'm an ambitious, determined, often obstinate (haha), and sensitive to offense (who isn't?).

Because you feel that you do not deserve to be happy and contented, you overemphasize your negative qualities.

That couldn't be more untrue.
    LOL, ok. Well, it's good that it made you chuckle. Take it as Just for laughs for your morning break. I'm glad you read it as a comparism to judge how accurate this report is. Confident young lady , that's good. Some I know of, after reading the report, gave me a reply such as "Really? I'm like that?". :sweat:

LOL, ok. Well, it's good that it made you chuckle. Take it as Just for laughs for your morning break. I'm glad you read it as a comparism to judge how accurate this report is. Confident young lady , that's good. Some I know of, after reading the report, gave me a reply such as "Really? I'm like that?". :sweat:
    Told ya I'm really different from most people. I mean, I know everyone is different, but I've had many many people how far off from the normal "different" I am.

Though if I chose to believe it entirely, I should take note of all the times money and finance appeared in the report. Supposedly I'll be pretty financially stable. That wouldn't be so bad. I certainly wouldn't mind it.

Told ya I'm really different from most people. I mean, I know everyone is different, but I've had many many people how far off from the normal "different" I am.

Though if I chose to believe it entirely, I should take note of all the times money and finance appeared in the report. Supposedly I'll be pretty financially stable. That wouldn't be so bad. I certainly wouldn't mind it.
    Let me observe and figure out how different. Though, as at now, I can only tell.....you have this different shade of calm and focus. You're not an alien if you should take it that way. I'm second to you, another less ordinary personality. Neither am I extra-ordinary. I am just stuck between Extra-ordinary and ordinary.

Financial control and governing depends alot on your discipline in money management. In the report, it could be telling you that you are good with wealth management when your piggybank is empty. =p

Let me observe and figure out how different. Though, as at now, I can only tell.....you have this different shade of calm and focus. You're not an alien if you should take it that way. I'm second to you, another less ordinary personality. Neither am I extra-ordinary. I am just stuck between Extra-ordinary and ordinary.
    Ooooh boy........wait till you meet me in real life.

But I've been told that I can be nonchalant to the point that it's annoying.

Financial control and governing depends alot on your discipline in money management. In the report, it could be telling you that you are good with wealth management when your piggybank is empty. =p
    Empty piggybank eh? I like the sound of that. It can't be anymore true right now. Tuition's going up like crazy while my wage is still the same. Boo.

Ooooh boy........wait till you meet me in real life.

But I've been told that I can be nonchalant to the point that it's annoying.
    If I would have the chance, gladly, I'd welcome you with a super wide grin on my face. (yes, wider than this)

Empty piggybank eh? I like the sound of that. It can't be anymore true right now. Tuition's going up like crazy while my wage is still the same. Boo.[/quote]

Electricity, Water supply, bills, fuel....oh my.....I just wonder how are we gonna survive for the following years. Blimey! The only thing (that money concern) that is going down is ......yeah, our wages.

The next down-to-earth sign after Taurus (Capricorn will be next). Earth signs are usually admirable people at work. Consistent, and organised.
    Unless your 'Moon Sign' throws a 'fly in the ointment'!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    Unless your 'Moon Sign' throws a 'fly in the ointment'!
    You're right! Moon sign, Sun sign and Ascendant/ Rising sign....ok, I know I'm not supposed to believe in these...

Hey, where did you get your cute gnomy avatar?

If I would have the chance, gladly, I'd welcome you with a super wide grin on my face. (yes, wider than this)
    Haha, thank you. And I hope you're not gonna charge me for it.