Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: MMA=Mix Martial Arts

Default UFC 101

LOL, Anderson Silva make it look very easy to give a KO to Griffin. Well, Griffin look definitely sucks tonight. Like what the commentator said, "The most embarrassing KO ever".

BJ Penn "Read my website to know everything". Well, you sucks, and you're not that good. Your *** got kicked very bad by GSP.

Can't wait for UFC102 for another Demian Maia fight. The Supreme Badass & Awesome Master of Superb Tap-Out LOL.
    Last edited by rosely; 08-09-09 at 07:10 AM.

Yeah I was watching it at a sports bar and the place went crazy, everybody saying "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" That was the most spectacularly one-sided ***-whooping I've seen at that level between two champions.

And Griffin doesn't suck, but as usual, Silva always has a habit of making his western opponents look bad. Americans and other westerners will have a lot of trouble against Anderson Silva, as well as Lyoto Machida. Anderson Silva has actually lost 3 fights, all of them to Japanese fighters, although one loss was a DQ.

Silva vs. Lyoto Machida would probably be the most intriguing matchup, or Silva vs. the Vietnamese star Cung Le. A Henderson-Silva rematch will probably come first, and I think it will be more of the same in that fight. I think Henderson is a badass, but he has a low chance of surviving the standup to get it to the ground.

As for BJ Penn, he isn't my favorite fighter because he's kind of a dick. However, his talent is undeniably at the top level of the sport. Losing to GSP who is naturally 30 pounds heavier with a larger frame is nothing to be ashamed of. GSP had to train REALLY hard to pull that off. In their first matchup, BJ busted GSP's face in. BJ Penn has actually hit Lyoto Machida the hardest I've seen. For a natural 155 pounder to be able to stand toe to toe against guys like that is unusual. Sure, he lost to both fighters, but man that's impressive nonetheless.
    Last edited by ChuckC; 08-09-09 at 10:25 PM.

silva vs griffin was ridiculous....he took out a top 5 LH without breaking a sweat. Not sure what forrest's game plan was, but standing in front of silva and exchanging was prob not the bet plan. I think hendo can take him...can't wait for the rematch.

Machida would be interesting...and im unsure who would win....his style is very unique...dont sound like silva is interested in the fight atm...seeing how they are both from blackhouse/team nog....Dont think cung desereves it at this point. The guy is pretty much untested on the ground..and I am quite sure that silva would destroy him standing up regardless....

Penn..is a natural...glad he finally got a conditioning coach...
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Did anyone watch Gina Carano vs. Cris Cyborg? Man, Gina almost won when she had that full mount but I think she had already lost the fight mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckC View Post
    Did anyone watch Gina Carano vs. Cris Cyborg? Man, Gina almost won when she had that full mount but I think she had already lost the fight mentally.
    Thats true, she was in the full mount and gave it up to a standing position.

Shane Carwin will be facing Brock Lesner in the october or november bout for the heavyweight title. The Carwin vs Valesquez is slated.

Ya...I watched the interview she (gina) did for mmafix before the fight and she seemed very unsure of herself...

I thought she did pretty good though. Problem was that she was too scared of cyborg's BJJ to ground and pound and that cost her.....

Respect 2 cyborg though...she's an absolute beast (in a good way)....

Carwin FTW!!!!
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Hey, guys
    Here I have seen lots of myths about MMA and its fighting style.
    Someone is saying it's a freestyle fighting or combination of different martial arts moves, etc.
    To the extent, I know MMA is a different martial form in itself which is basically driven out from this 5 martial arts forms-

1.krav-maga

2.Kalaripayattu

3.Taekwondo

4.KickBoxing

5.Karate

To know in details about this martial art forms and their different fighting techniques you would check this blog https://blog.100mph.in

Hey, Guys .
    I recently came to know from an article that mixed martial arts is not a newly innovated sport even the army of Genghis Khan who conquered China have parctised this from of martila arts which is betterly known as MMA...Is it right?/