Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Wuxia RPG Story Thread

Finally the night is over, thought Fang Wudi as he entered his room. He went to the circular table in the middle of the room and took a seat. He had suffered internal damage from a very powerful fist attack today. The Nine Injury Fist was indeed stronger than that of his Seven Injury Fist. Wudi clutched the spot in which he got punched...he got two rib bones...

Another thing that bothered Wudi was the appearance of so many powerful heroes, and a lot of which have mysterious backgrounds. Wudi didn't ponder on this for a long time though. He had to cultivate his energy in order to heal his internal damage. He walked over to his bed and began the long and difficult process...
    Last edited by Tom; 01-20-08 at 12:08 PM.

Arriving at Yi Tian Tao Long Inn in the wee twilight hours of the desolate and dark night was a group consisting of 3 men and 2 women who've had a long journey from the region afar where they began their journey. Within that group of tired pugilists was Zhuo Ye, the most talented disciple of the new generation of the Tian Shan Sect. They arrived just after the ruckus that had occured and the Inn workers was still clearning up the mess that had been left.

The leader in charge of the group was an wise looking old man in about his sixties, his name was Yu Jianhai. The elder smiled "Looks like we've missed quite an interesting event..." Xiang Yun the older elder from Tian Shan Sect in his mid forties replied "Indeed senior Yu, neverthless I think we should all get some good nights rest, we've been travelling for 12 days without any proper rest." Elder Yu nodded "The upcoming days will certainly prove tobe eventful, so indeed we should get some much needed rest before it begins"

The 3 men made their way to their quarters while the 2 women went to their rooms also. One of the woman was an elderly looking lady but her facials does not show her true age, her name is Jiang Yanjiao who was in her mid fifties but she still had an appearance of a lady in her early thrities. The other girl was her disciple, her name is Ye Xiaoying who was in her early twenties and has a nice innocently attractive face.

They are all members of the Tian Shan Sect that hardly anyone knows of, because they have never really appeared ever in the wulin world, preferring to let themselves be.

Through their journey they have told people they were a group of Daoists and not of any major sect, to keep their anonymity.
    As Zhuo Ye and the elders walked to their rooms, he excused himself as he headed off to the toilet for a leak. As he hastily made his way to the toilet he managed to bump into a girl as their shoulders collided. Just for a split second of a moment he saw her face... it was a face of a young lady which was quite pretty with beautiful eyes and a nice complexion, but she was clothed in beggarish looking clothes. Swiftly Zhuo Ye snapped back to reality as his face blushed a bit and quickly-apologised to the young girl.

The young girl's face also turned a little bit red just as much as you could notice, as she did not say anything in reply but merely smiled and nodded before quickly trodding off presumably back to her room.
    Last edited by flying_phoenix; 01-20-08 at 01:45 PM.

Everything just happened so fast; so fast that Zhou Fan didn't even have a chance to thank the stranger for the wine. Before he knew it, everyone just simply retired to their rooms, leaving Zhou Fan all by himself with a jug of wine. Not knowing whether he should be offended or just retire to his room as well, he brought the wine jug up to his lips and downed everything inside. Wiping his lips with the sleeve of his robe, he suddenly remembered something and walked over to the man whom he injured just before.

"Here's some silver to treat your wounds." Zhou Fan said as he threw several teals of silver beside the injured man. "Remember not to interfere in another's fight anymore...Hmph! Bu Zi Lian Li."

With that said Zhou Fan made his way over to the inn owner and slamed his palm hard on the counter. "Hey, you know where that Fang Wugui's room is located?"

"Fang...Wu...gui...?" The inn owner stuttered in the presence of Zhou Fan. "Ummm...I don't think...we have...anyone...named...Fang Wu...gui." He gulped hard, wondering what the giant man will do next.

Unsatisfied with the inn owner's answer, Zhou Fan slammed his palm on the counter once more almost causing the poor inn owner to jump. "It’s that bastard Kong Dong sect leader damn it! Don't you know he's named Fang Wugui? What kind of inn are you opening here? You're better off closing the damn crap down!" Zhou Fan's voice roared throughout the first floor.

"Oh...he's on the...second floor, 3rd room...to the right." The inn owner responded.

"Alright, let me get the 4th room to the right. Good night sir." Zhou Fan said as he left the counter and started up the stairs.

"But Ke Guan..."

But before the inn owner can finish his sentence, Zhou Fan had already kicked open the room's door. To his surprise, there were actually two people in the room. There was one male and one female doing you know what and both of them jumped from the bed when they heard the door slammed open. "GET OUT OF MY ROOM!!!" Zhou Fan roared.

Without wasting any time, the couple hastily grabbed their clothing and ran out of the room.

Fang Wudi, in the other room, obviously heard the ruckus but decided that it was best that he concentrated on cultivating his energy. "It's probably a misunderstanding and someone got the other's room by mistake." Fang Wudi thought to himself.

"Hmph! Xiao Er! Bring me some pots and pans!" Zhou Fan ordered from the second floor.

"Pots and pans? What is that man thinking?" Fang Wudi thought to himself upon hearing the man from next door's order. But he immediately shook the thought out of his head as he returned to cultivating his energy.

Just within seconds one of the xiao ers downstairs appeared inside the man's room with 2 woks. It was evident that the xiao er ran with everything he had just by looking at him; he almost fainted at the doorway.

"Wow that was fast. I like it! Here's 2 teals of silver, take it." Zhou Fan said as he threw some silver at xiao er.

Quickly picking up the pieces of silver, the xiao er happily gave Zhou Fan a bow and ran back downstairs.

Zhou Fan, on the other hand, was staring at the two woks in his hands with a grin before he began banging them on each other, creating so much ruckus that it'd be impossible for Fang Wudi or many of the others to sleep.
    Last edited by creamcheese007; 01-20-08 at 03:36 PM.

Bong Bong Bong Bong Bong was the sound produced by the collaboration of the woks and pans. It sent disturbing noises throughout the entire inn. Fang Wudi, being next-door, had the most trouble concentrating on healing himself. He got up from his bed with a pissed-off look on his face. He had already guessed who it is...it could only be him. He quickly walked out of his room and stormed into that of Zhou Fan's.

"First you wound me then you disturb me from healing? What do you want?" raved Wudi.

"You don't like the music? I'm making music," said Zhou Fan as he stuck his tongue out at Wudi.

Outraged, Wudi accidentally blurted, "You bastard! Son of a b!tch!"

Zhou Fan frowned as soon as he heard "bastard" come out of Wudi's mouth. It was the truth. Zhou Fan was orphaned at birth so he never did have a father. "Well, at least I'm not Fang Wugui," retorted Zhou Fan.

"I don't want to argue with you. Please stop making those noises to disturb others!"

"I guess I'll stop if ignorant people like you can't enjoy my music," remarked Zhou Fan sarcastically.

"You better!" And with that Fang Wudi went back to his room.
    Last edited by Tom; 01-21-08 at 08:20 PM.

As Zhou Fan is walking away, the two people that were doing "you know what" approaches Zhou Fan in anger.

"First you interrupted my pleasure," yells the man, "then you saw my partner without clothes!"

"I feel so... violated," says the women and she starts crying.

"...And now you played this... this.... terrible music that made me lost my will to continue on!" yells the man at a even more angrier tone.

"So Wha..."

But before Zhou Fan is able to finish his sentence, the man throws a punch targetting Zhou Fan's eye. Zhou Fan quickly blocks it without using much internal energy.

"Hmmm, so you know martial arts too," Zhou Fan wisely mutter out.

The man swiftly throws another punch targetting Zhuo Fan's other eye and this time Zhou Fan blocks it with full internal energy, forcing the man to fall back eight steps into the woman's arm.

"You are useless! Trash! Useless!" the woman screams and she runs away in fury.

"Darling! Dar...ling...," the man sadly shouts out, "don't... go......"

Meanwhile, Zhou Fan is still standing, looking at the man and the woman. He is speechless and stunned. The man, without any warning, walks away, toward the direction the woman went. Zhou Fan regains his conscious and takes a few step forward.

"Hey little buddy, wait!" Zhou Fan speaks, "what is your name?"

As Zhou Fan is walking closer, the man turns around and swings his leg, trying to go for a low blow. Zhou Fan recognizes it and delivers a Kong Dong fist on the man. The man flies off the second floor onto the first floor into a table and breaks it. Surprisingly, the man gets up. Zhou Fan, knowing that with that man's internal energy, there is no way the man can take one damaging fist. So Zhou Fan examines the man carefully and finds out that his fist landed on a gold wine bottle that was hidden in the man's chest.

Zhou Fan smiles and thinks to himself, "what a person."

Just as Zhou Fan is about to leave, the xiao er runs toward Zhou Fan.

"The man is called Peng Shun, he is a regular customer here, always drunk and with a different girl," the xiao er breathlessly speaks.

"Wow. Talk about fast.... Here's 5 teals of silver, take it." Zhou Fan utter as he throws some silver at xiao er.

And Peng Shun walks out the inn, coolly.
    Last edited by LuNaR; 01-21-08 at 04:37 PM.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

*Later That night*
    A man arrived at the empty inn, he look like he have been traveling for days without rest, and he look really tired… He is Yue Tian Long, a few days ago he received an invitation to go to Yi Tian To Long inn for some sort of meeting, it turn out he was a little late as the hall is now empty and there are many broken furniture around and a huge hole on the ceiling.

“Xiao Er!!!” He shouted and the Xiao Er came running down.

“What can I get for you sir?” he asked

“Do you have any more room available?” he asked.

“Y…Yes…” he said.

“Ok I will take it, and can you bring some wine and mantou my room, please?” Tian Long said. The Xiao er than give an nervous nod…

Tian Long than retire to his room, whist wondering why is so many, Martial Artist has been invited to this inn, what is this meeting is about?

Ji Kern staggers to the corner with the silver taels he received from Ling Jun Yan and Zhou Fan in his hand. Still suffering from the blow he took earlier.

Buying some rubbing alcohol would be a good idea.

He puts the money inside his shirt and and tries to stand up. He struggles at first but is finally able to get back on his feet.

How embarrassing. Thank goodness I didn't have to tell them what's my name. I should go look for master and ask him to teach me a few techniques to protect myself. But his location is unknown and he disappeared a few years ago. I'm not even sure if he's dead or alive.

Then out of nowhere a man falls on a table right in front of him.

Ji Kern looks up.

"Fighting again?"

He glances at Pang Shun who just dusted himself off and walked out of the inn.

Doesn't he feel pain?

Ji Kern shakes his head and sigh.

So what if you've high martial arts? If you only use it to drink wine and have fun, what's the use? Although Fang Wudi saved my life, he is the leader of the Kongtong Sect. He shouldn't be fighting in the public. And with a little girl too. And that Zhuo Jia Li is even worse. I thought she was kind-hearted. Seems like all she cares about is fighting. And out came that Zhou Fan. Crazy guy. If everybody in wulin is like them then there be alot of dead people.

Out of his eye he sees Tian Long talking to a xiao er and then going to his room.
    Last edited by Radken; 01-21-08 at 01:01 AM.

finishing the last drop of wine from the jug and the last mantou, Tian Long was just able to sleep, when he heard a lould crashing sound downstair and what sound like a group of martial artist outside of the inn, He look outside the window and saw about 20-30 masked ninja surrounding the inn, all of them armed to kill advancing into the inn...

He quickly went downstair to see what happend as with most of the othe rmartial artist in the inn...

It turns out that the 30 or so masked ninjas has captured Peng Shun and is holding him hostage. Of the masked ninjas, one has a red mask.

"Fang Wudi get out here now," the red masked ninja roars.

Fang Wudi, already downstair, hears the outcry and steps out in front of all the martial artists.

"What do you want," Fang Wudi roars back.

Observing the scene, Fang Wudi notice a boy being held hostage.

"Let the boy go," Fang Wudi shouts with a deep sense of righteousness.

Before this, Peng Shun was always in a state of coolness and never acted as if he needed help or wanted help, but now Peng Shun lost his cool.

"Boy? I'm old enough to..." Peng Shun yells angrily but is interrupted.

"Hand over your head and he will be freed" the red masked ninja roars.

"My head!" Fang Wudi surprisigly says, "you must be..."

Before Fang Wudi can finish, Yue Tian Long shows off his own version of the divine flicking finger, hitting perfectly at the eye of the ninja holding Peng Shun hostage. Without the sword in front of Peng Shun's neck, Peng Shun runs hastily toward Fang Wudi. The rest of the martial artists in the inn which includes Zhou Fan, Ji Kern, Jia Li, Jun Yan, Fei Yun, Zhuo Ye, all their desciples, and even the xiao er, jump into the fight scene. At this moment, an angry Peng Shun walks in front of Fang Wudi.

"Boy huh," Peng Shun angrily yells.

And without notice, Peng Shun throws a punch at Fang Wudi. Fang Wudi easily holds it and pushes Peng Shun back.

"How do you know Shaolin internal energy," Fang Wudi asks.

Peng Shun knows he is outmatched and walks away, coolly. Amazed at Peng Shun's response, Fang Wudi reaches out and tries to grab Peng Shun's arm. But just as Fang Wudi reaches out, a ninja appears and distracts Fang Wudi. Fang Wudi unleashes a few Kongtong punches and easily knocks out the ninja, but Peng Shun is no where to be seen. After Fang Wudi knocks out another ninja, he looks around and see that there are no ninjas left except for the red masked ninja.

"I will be back!" the red masked ninja roars.

Then the red masked ninja throws a smoke bomb and disappeared.
    Last edited by LuNaR; 01-21-08 at 04:38 PM.

Gongsun Fu had just arrived in the city of Luoyang and was looking out for a place to stay in. She had travelled far from Nepal with the purpose of burying her parent's remains in their homeland - Luoyang.

She looked at the large urn that she's carrying in her arms and feel a sting in her eyes. From the corner of her eyes, she saw something, or rather, someone, darting from one roof to another.

Gongsun Fu was naturally curious but as she was unfamiliar with Luoyang, she decided not to be such a busybody. As she secretly watched the figure dart about until he/she disappears, she sees someone else approaching from a distance, with a golden gourd being particularly distinctive.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

"... The daisies are like rocks with tails. The birds hate flying in the skies. Why must the winner fail. And the hero dies?" Peng Shun proclaims.

"What in the world is that guy saying," Gongsun Fu thinks, "is he crazy."

Peng Shun, after seeing a beautiful lady from afar, is feeling smart about himself since he made up a poem in one minute. But from his years of experience with handling girls and judging by the look on Gongsun Fu's face, he knows that the poem did not do the work, so he uses plan two.

"Ow my chest," Peng Shun cries.

"Are you ok," Gongsun Fu says with a slightly worried face.

"Ow my chest," Peng Shun cries louder.

This time Peng Shun takes off all his clothes, except for his pants, and shows Gongsun Fu the bruise in his chest that came from Zhou Fan's Kongdong fist. Now a whole crowd of people start observing the scene. The crowd forms a circle around Gongsun Fu and Peng Shun. Gongsun Fu knows that she can escape anytime she want to with her Fairy Metamorphose, but she actually want to see what is wrong with the guy.

"You should put your clothes back on, there are a lot of people here," Gongsun Fu states.

"I am... too... wounded... to," Peng Shun cries.

But Gongsun Fu does not fall into the trick. After years of studying Way of Foetal Breathing, Gongsun Fu knows every posture of a wounded man and a faking wounded man. In a blink of an eye, Gongsun Fu picks up a rock and flings it at Peng Shun's leg, causing him to get up and run around in circles.

"Ah ow ah ow ah ow," Peng Shun cries non-stop.

"Never lie to me again," Gongsun Fu declares and walks away.

"Wait pretty girl, what is your name? My name is Peng Shun," Peng Shun shouts.

Just when Gongsun Fu turns her head to tell Peng Shun to shut up, Peng Shun gives her a wink with his left eye. Enraged, Gongsun Fu jumps away.

After this, the crowd starts to dissipate, but some conversations can be heard.

"We should go to the Wulin conference, it is a much better show than these two couples flirting," random man #1 says.

"Yes, heroes from all over the world would be there," random man #2 says.

"Sigh, there had not been a true hero ever since Leader Zhuang's death," random man #3 says.

"So true, so true," random man #2 says.

Peng Shun did not hear the whole conversation, except for two words, "couples" and "wulin conference," and so he heads on to the wulin conference, which would occur in five hours, since the sun just rose not long ago.
    Last edited by LuNaR; 01-21-08 at 05:24 PM.

After a long exciting night the day has finally dawned upon the city of Luoyang. Fang Wudi walked down the staircase and went to a nearby table where his disciples were already waiting. He sat down and took a deep breath. There was a slight pain on the spot where Zhou Fan had hit him. He placed his left hand on that spot and felt his rib bones. They were fractured and Wudi knew he would have to take it easy for the next two weeks if he wanted it to heal completely.

One of his disciple grabbed two steamed pork buns from a dish and placed it in front of his master. "Master, eat up. It's almost time for the Wulin meeting!"

"You don't have to worry for me. I know when to eat...my disciple shouldn't be teaching me what to do," said Fang Wudi before grabbing the two pork buns. "I feel like eating now so..." Wudi stuffed the buns into his mouth and started chewing hungrily.

Fang Wudi's disciples started laughing at his master. "What's so funny?" interrupted a sweet voice from on the second floor. It was Elder Zhuo Jia Li from the Beggar Sect.

"Oh nothing," said one of the disciples.

Zhuo Jia Li walked over towards a nearby table and sat down. Several beggars sat down next to her. "Sect Leader Fang, how do you feel? Thank you so much for saving my life last night. I don't know how I can repay you."

Fang Wudi swallowed the remaining of the buns and took a sip of tea. "It's okay, you don't have to repay me. I'm just happy I saved someone's life. Plus, that guy Zhou Fan was from Kongtong Sect. If he had hurt you then I would feel guilty."

"No, I have to repay you someday," insisted Elder Zhuo. "You saved my life and how can I call myself a human if I don't even repay you?"

"Whatever...if you insist." Fang Wudi didn't think that such a playful girl would have such a responsible side.

Zhuo Jia Li then got up from her table. "I'll be going back upstairs for now. I'll be back down here later in time for the Heroes Conference." Turning towards the beggars still sitting down, "You guys save my seat!" Without another word she walked up the stairs.
    Last edited by Tom; 01-24-08 at 10:23 AM.

"Master Wudi! Elder Zhuo! you guys left so fast last night before I can talk to you..."

"Xiao Hing Dai how can I help you?" Wudi asked.

"Well yesterday after those ninja left, I chased after one of them and I was able to grab this (he took out a medal) from him..." Tian Long said and show them the medal.

The medal is gold, and on one said it has three character that said JinYi Wei on it and on the other is this crest of some kind.

"The Emperor's Body guard.... what are they doing here?" Elder Zhuo asked.

"A better question what were they doing last night..." Wudi said.

"You know I think that this whole thing is a mystery... I mean this whole conference... what is it even about... who started it? and last night a bunch of these assasin were here..."

"Well whatever it is, we will find out soon enough..." Wudi said.

East Wing, Governer’s Palace. Luoyang City.

Dusky shafts of sunlight lancing through the small skylight of the darkened hall illuminated the upper body of Imperial Guard Captian Zhang Liu.

Clasping the bronze hilt of his saber, he knelt on one knee and waited apprehensively.

After a long moment, a thin and reedy voice spoke.

Speak.”

Zhang knew that the voice was coming from somewhere up ahead in the gloomy darkness at the silk curtain covered end of the hall, yet that voice, so seemingly weak and frail, sounded like it was whispering right next to his ear. Was it the design of this hall? Surely the sickly Eunuch Lin was not capable of such exquisite inner force?

“Reporting to Lin Gong Gong, the wulin members are mostly assembled. The Heads of the major Sects have not appeared except for Kon….”

Idiot! They are all here!” The voice was raised several pitches higher. Zhang felt a tinge of fear down his spine.

“But our spies stationed at the various Sects report no moveme…”

Useless fools! The Black Mist have told me!”

The Black Mist! That mysterious group really existed?! They were in Luoyang City? So the rumours were true, they were really working for Eunuch Lin! Why was the name being revealed to him now? It was supposed to be the most secretive of organizations.

Abbot Hui and Priest Yu are in the city now. If Shaolin, Beggar Sect and Wudang are involved in this matter, His Majesty will be most….. concerned. And if His Majesty is upset, I fear for your head!.”

“Subordinate will redouble his efforts! Rest assure that I will give my……”

Spare me the nonsense! I have another task for you. Even your incompetent men should be able to accomplish this! The Great Sky Splitting Shandong Palm Wang Hong will be arriving tomorrow. Before he reaches the city, burn down the Yi Tian Tao Long Inn. Surely your incompetent men can light a fire?”

“Yes Gong Gong! Subordinate will….”

Again, Zhang could not finish his sentence before he was cut off.

Go” The tone of voice made it clear that the audience was over.

The 2 white robed teenaged boys opened the creaking doors for Zhang as he retreated out backwards from the hall, head bowed. As he passed the wooden doors, one of the boys had the silken sleeve pulled back slightly and Zhang could see the scars on his wrist. So those rumours were true? Eunuch Lin was really drinking blood? It was a rumour that was secretly whispered in the hallways of the Forbidden City – That Eunuch Lin kept an entire harem of young virgin boys and fed them a strict diet of special herbs and kept them away from sunlight. It was whispered that he drank their blood every night in order to practice a terrible martial art. Something called the Flower Treatise or Sunflower Sword. He never did pay any attention, thinking it idle gossip from idle tongues but the scar and the voice projection… was it all true?

On his way out, he noticed that irritating fool Captain Guo from the Red Banner of the Imperial Guard standing outside, waiting for his audience. He looked somewhat fearful, as if afraid to enter.
    Last edited by CC; 01-22-08 at 01:00 PM.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

In the early morning, the street outside Yi Tian Tao Long Inn was bustling with activities.

A young man around 20 was walking down the busy street. On his back was a bagpack. He looks happy. Why?
    Because he has just received a big sum of money from Rich Man Wang.
    Why would Rich Man Wang give him a big sum of money?
    Because he has made a perfect replica of Rich Man Wang's heirloom for him and Rich Man Wang has rewarded him with this big sum of money.
    The replica was so well done that even a trained eye will have a hard time telling that it's not the real one.
    Not only was Chen Shuang happy that he received a large sum of money. He was also happy that he has made a fine replica. It wasn't easy. The piece of jade was very exquisite.

"Luoyang looks like a fun place. I might as well stay for another day and do some sightseeing. Last few days, it was just all work and no play. I deserves a treat", thought Chen Shuang cheerfully.

So, in he went to Yi Tian Tao Long Inn.

In the inn, he was surprised to see so many wulin people. He might not be a member of wulin, but he can see that the people gathered here were not ordinary people.

He walked to the counter.

"May I help you, sir?" asked the boss at the counter.

"I need a room. I don't know how many days yet. If there's lots of place to sightsee in Luoyang, I might stay longer." replied Chen Shuang.

Chen Shuang looked around the dining hall again and turned back to the boss.

"Your inn seems to be a popular spot for wulin people. So many are here." commented Chen Shuang.

"It's not always like this. But, these last few days, a lot are coming to stay." explained the boss.

"That's strange." Chen Shuang said, more to himself.

"I'll give you room 5, second floor. Ah Jiang, bring this ke guan to room 5, 2nd floor. Please follow this waiter, sir." said

"Thanks." said Chen Shuang.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-23-08 at 07:35 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Despite arriving in Luoyang the previous night, Han Feifei had not eaten in almost a day. She had hoped to have a quiet meal before leaving, but upon leaving her room, she realised that the Yi Tian Tao Long Inn was bustling with excited pugilists heading off to the wulin conference.

"Waiter, can you please find me a table with a bit of peace?" Han Feifei called to the nearest waiter. In her male guise,her voice might have been the biggest giveaway to her gender, but with her delicate features, she came across as a young boy of perhaps just 14 years, whose voice could reasonably still be quite high.

She noticed Zhuo Jiali, the girl she had observed yesterday, sitting close to where she was standing and replayed the girl's moves in awe. Caught staring, she blushed slightly, regrettably realising that in her male guise, she probably came across as a pitiful youth seeing a pretty girl for the first time.

Elder Zhuo eyes travelled across her body and gave her a big wink. Feifei let out a small sigh. It seemed like her male guise was not quite good enough for this girl.

It seemed the waiter had not noticed her, so Han Feifei quickly caught the attention of another waiter passing by.

"Waiter, can you please find me a small table with a bit of peace?"
    "And privacy," she added with a hesitant glance at Zhuo Jia Li's table.

He happened to be the same waiter who had served Fang Wudi last night, but clearly the slim figure in front of him did not command the same presence as those three men from Kongtong.

He laughed loudly and pointed around the room saying, "Can you see an empty table?"

" 'A small table with a bit of peace and privacy?' " he mocked in a fair imitation of her girlish sounding voice.

I wonder if the situation be the same if I was not in this male disguise, she thought. Well, wonder was probably the wrong word. The extent of difference would have been a more interesting question to ponder. Don't draw attention, she reminded herself, gently rubbing her grumbling stomach. The food on the table looked so good, after all, this WAS the biggest restaurant in the city.

Gongsun Fu was strolling in the streets. She had gone to a temple last night after her strange encounter with Peng Shun and taken up temporary residence there. Her parents' souls would hopefully be at peace now that their ash urn had been enshrined, and their tablets set up in the temple.

She had chanted scriptures for her parents throughout the night and had only slept for a few hours. Although she was feeling very tired, but she could not go to sleep in the day so she left the temple to take a walk in the large and prosperous city.

Having not eaten anything for more than ten hours, Gongsun Fu began to look around for a restaurant but much to her surprise, many of the restaurants she went into were quite fully packed. As if there weren't enough people on the streets already!

She wandered around until she reached Yi Tian Tao Long Inn which was full, but thankfully not packed. There were quite a number of strange looking folks and three of them looked particularly eye-catching; a beggar girl, a girly looking boy, and a powerful looking man (Fang Wudi).

" 'A small table with a bit of peace and privacy?' "

Gongsun Fu looked, and saw that it was the waiter speaking to the girly looking boy. What a strange pitch!

"Excuse me." she called out as she walked over, "Is there any available seats?" she asked politely.

Feifei's guess was most probably right, as the waiter ignored her as he immediately gave his full attention to Gongsun Fu.

"Of course, Miss! Please come with me!" he said in an exceedingly polite tone.

He led Gongsun Fu to the table which was next to Zhuo Jiali's. The table had a pair of middle-aged couple sitting there and there were two seats left.

"Thank you." Gongsun Fu said to the waiter as she sat down at the table.

Something's going in here, she thought. It was not too difficult to see that many of the customers were not ordinary folks.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

(This post should be in the morning after the attack by the ninjas)

The sunrays came in through the windows and yet that did not help change the atmosphere for it was still the same, dark and gloomy. Darkness still reined here even though the presence of the light begun to make their way into the room.

At long last, the invasion of the light was complete as it finally captured the small tea table right in the middle of the room and faintly touches Jun Yan on his nose. Opening his eyes Jun Yan glance around for a moment before closing his eyes again, his hands still on his sword and rod… the way they were since last night…

(Flashback to the previous night before the attack of the ninjas)

Jun Yan was certain the attack would come and he was prepared for no sooner as he stepped into his room did the spear tip came aiming for his chest. Reacting by pure reflexes as the room was pitch dark and as he could not make out the outline of his attacker, Jun Yan stopped the strike with his sword while striking away with his left-handed rod at the source of the attack. Not wanting to take things lightly, Jun Yan changed the direction of his rod attack at the last possible second aiming for he believed to be the attacker’s head while pushing away the spear tip downwards with his sword as he eyes had grown accustomed to the darkness. The attacker however stood his ground and with his left hand, reached out and grabbed Jun Yan’s rod using an advance claw technique that caught Jun Yan off guard while at the same time repositioning his spear in a defensive stance that seemed to guard Jun Yan’s sword rather then his rod.

"Your skills are not bad, but not good enough.” Spoke the figure in a smug tone as he pushed away Jun Yan’s rod with a surge of inner Qi.

Angry and at the same time bewildered, Jun Yan wasted no time at attacking away with his rod and sword with renewed vigor. Using his rod as a shield and his unorthodox back handed sword, Jun Yan opened the fight with renewed vigor as he unleashed his anger to kill. While launching a left upper cut at the figure with his back handed style swordplay, Jun Yan also initiated an attack on his right leg. Watching the rod and sword attacking two important limbs, the figure raised his spear tip went straight for Jun Yan’s chest again for there was a huge opening in the attack of Jun Yan. Yet who would have thought that the opening was nothing more then a trap for Jun Yan merely stopped his sword attack and “hooked” the spear tip and pulled it away to his right while at the same time changing the direction of his rod attack to the right shoulder. But the attacker was not without his own tricks, for he merely reposition his grip on the spear to the center and using centrifugal force forced the other end of the spear up and successfully blocked Jun Yan’s rod attempt at his shoulders. Again stalemate…

"Hmmm, you do indeed live to being called the Neutral Weapon of the east!” praised the attacker again

"Not many are skilled in the ways of rod! Comparable to that of the Beggar Sect!”

"Why the trash talk?” spoke Jun Yan as he suddenly jabbed his rod at the spear with his inner qi. Caught unaware, the attacker stumbled back as Jun Yan followed up his attack with quick stabs from his rods at the main acupoints while his sword focused on rapid slashing.

Realizing he had lost the upper hand, the attacker mainly defended as best as he could yet cuts soon appeared on his hands as Jun Yan’s blade found blood. Finding himself in a precarious situation, the attacker extended his palm at Jun Yan who turned immediately away for fear of a power palm blast. Yet nothing was felt. It was a ruse! The figure took the chance and fled to the window making his escape. Turning back at Jun Yan at the last moment…

"You are good. My Master could use a weapon master like yourself. We will meet again.” With that the attacker fled leaving a Jun Yan deep in thoughts… for he finally realized that the attacker may not a he…the pitch was a dead give away yet he could not confirm at other thing for the attacker was in a ninja suit wearing a blue mask.

It was at this point that a loud commotion could be heard outside the inn…jumping out of the window, he saw the inn was surrounded by many ninjas with a red masked confronting Fang Wudi. A fight ensured and Jun Yan got involved when one tried to stab him in the back as he was walking away, not wanting to get involved. Without turning, Jun Yan raised his rod and send the whole rod though the chest of the ninja. As he was walking back to his room, he vaguely remembered a pretty looking girl throwing rocks at a man….
    (End of flashback)

Opening his eyes once more, Jun Yan sheathed his sword and transferred his rod to his right hand after finishing attaching his sword to his waist. It was time to nourish the body for the mind was fed. Sipping his cup, he left his room and went down to the inn where many sights greeted him.

Spotting Fang Wudi and Zhuo Jia Li, he merely nodded at them in which Wudi nodded in return and Jiali raised her hand with an impish grin. In addition, two girls had just entered the inn. Without so much as looking at the two new comers, he noticed a young man too was also finding a sit…

Jun Yan then proceed to find a sit and empty table yet there was not one. Glancing at nearby table which was near the new comers, which was occupied by a fat merchant his goods and bodyguards, he dropped his rod onto it and sat down. The dropping of Jun Yan’s rod frightened the merchant as he choked on his bun. Recovering from his choke, the merchant looked up and wanted to give a good scolding and beating to the one responsible. But as soon as the merchant saw the rod onto the table he swallowed hard and left with his frightened guards without even looking at Jun Yan.

Turning to the young slim lad (Han Feifei), Jun Yan spoke…

"This table might be small and not have the privacy you seek, but all the other tables are taken. You may sit here if you want to lad.”

Clearly very hesitant, the young lad soon saw the truth of Jun Yan’s word and sat down.

Sipping tea, Jun Yan repositioned his rod by keeping it near to his right when he eyes met the young lad’s eyes.

As Jun Yan’s eyes held the attention of the lad, he was taken aback by the beauty of the latter’s eyes.

Hastily looking away, the slim lad seemed to be blushing…
    Last edited by druid; 01-22-08 at 10:12 AM.
    " Forgo your past and embrance the future OR abandon your future to save your past?"

After the commotion last night, Yang Fei Yun was tired out and fell asleep quickly.

Soon, it was morning. “Hopefully this would be a better day.” Yang Fei Yun thought.

He went down the stairs and saw that the inn was full. Just then, a couple moved away from their table as they left the inn. Yang Fei Yun quickly went over to the table lest anyone beat him to it.

“Waiter, can I have a bun and some wine?” Yang Fei Yun asked the nearest waiter.

“Sure, please wait!” The waiter responded cheerily.

He spotted many of the people which were at the inn yesterday. He also noticed Han Fei Fei—he thought she looked pretty girlish.

“I have never seen a man looking so much like a girl before…” Yang Fei Yun thought.

Suddenly, two men entered the inn and looked around. They saw Yang Fei Yun and walked over to him, shouting, “Poor lad, can you only afford a bun? How dare you come into this inn if you can only afford a bun? Better leave the seat so we can sit; else we’d give you a good beating!”

One of them carried a huge saber. He slammed the saber on the table and the table shook violently.

Yang Fei Yun smiled and said, “Buns are actually very tasty too. You just need to know how to appreciate it.”

The other man did not carry any weapon. Instead, he clenched his knuckles and pointed a fist at Yang Fei Yun, “Do you want to eat my fist instead? I bet you wouldn’t be able to digest it!”

Yang Fei Yun chuckled and thought, “So they are chasing me away because they need a table. Apparently, I seem to be the weakest thus they decided to chase me out instead of others.”

“Try me.” Yang Fei Yun replied.

The man was shocked by his response. Recovering from his momentary shock, he directed a punch at Yang Fei Yun’s face.

Yang Fei Yun just continued to smile…

As soon as the fist was directed at young Yang Fei Yun, a powerful thud could be heard as the attackers arm few limply to the ground as he growled in great pain and agony... tears began flowing uncontrollably down his eyes.

Suddenly a voice of a young man could be heard "Oops did I do that? Oh I'm sooo sorry I honestly did not mean it you handsomely built da xia! It was just that this damn wine bottles lid was quite stuck, I had to use a bit of force to open it haha"

He continued "Mmmm I love the great smell of vintage Nu-Er-Hong! No wonder this is the best regrarded restaurant of LuoYang! But what use is good wine without nice company to enjoy it with?" As his eyes rolled over to Yang Fei Yun.

"Mind to join me for a few cups of genuine exquisite pleasure, and a few fine roasted dishes?" he smiled at Yang Fei Yun

This mischievously and carefree young man was no other than Huai Yin