Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Wuxia RPG Story Thread

Default Ultimate Wuxia RPG Story Thread

The sky of the night was almost perfectly dark. It would have reached perfection if it wasn't for the circular moon which stood out right in the middle of the pitch black sky. The darkness of the sky represents that of the evil; Zhu Yuan Zhang. The moon represents the many Wulin Pugilists that has gathered in the city of Luoyang.

Fang Wudi and two of his disciples walked into the grand Yi Tian Tao Long Inn, the biggest restaurant in the whole city. It was already packed with many heroes from all over the country. Wudi's giant foot made loud noises as he walked towards a vacant table across the room. As he passed by each table random people greeted him respectfully by cupping their fists together. Some acquaintances greeted him verbally. When they got to the table Wudi sat down first and his underlings followed.

"Waiter!" shouted one of Wudi's disciples. A few seconds later a young pale waiter approached their table.

"Ye...yessir? How ma...may I help you?" stuttered the waiter. It was obvious that this young lad was scared because of the sudden appearance of so many highly skilled Wulin heroes, most of which are scary looking.

Wudi cleared his throat and spoke for the first time in a clear and loud voice, "3 bowls of beef noodle for me." Wudi had only said a few simple words and he spoke in his usual tone but it seemed to have struck fear in the waiter who's legs are now trembling.

"An...and yo...you two si...sirs?"

"We'll take two bowls of rice and a couple of good dishes please," spoke the disciple who had spoken before. The waiter straightened his legs and disappeared immediately.

Everyone were talking quietly amongst their table until someone suddenly appeared at the door...

Please discuss at the Discussion Thread from now on. This thread is strictly for the story posts.
    Last edited by Tom; 01-24-08 at 09:14 PM.

Originally posted by IcyFox

A young maiden hopped in lightly, giving a silly grin. She wore a dirty tunic and pants patched in several places, and her outer garment looked like some curtain pulled off from somewhere. Her untidy hair was tied sloppily behind, but her face was clean.

Fang Wudi was stirred briefly and thought, "She's pretty! Why is she dressed that way? Ah! She must be the Beggars' Clan Elder Zhuo!"

The girl slapped the shiny steel rod on a table and hopped onto a seat and squatted on it. Still smiling, she cooed, "Waiter, I want a bun!"

The waiter was orginally not too happy that a dirty beggar girl had wasted a table in the posh restaurant but on hearing her voice, he complied immediately, thinking, "Her voice is as cute as she looks!"

He was, however, dismayed when a bunch of dirty beggars trooped in noisily and sat with the beggar girl. He was about to chase the whole bunch away when the innkeeper Mi Tian Gong stepped up and said, "Ah! It's an honour for Yi Tian Tao Long Inn to greet Sect Leader Fang and Elder Zhuo! You really live up to your reputations!"

The girl was of course the Beggars' Clan Elder Zhuo Jia Li. She casually laughed, "Heh heh, I don't deserve it," and continued pouring the wine down her throat.

The waiter, in his haste tripped over a stool and the teapot he was holding flew out of his hand. With one swift move the girl stretched out her steel rod without even turning around and deftly caught the teapot at the edge of the rod. Not a single drop was spilled and she swung the teapot back onto the table, putting it down gently, still grinning.

Fang Wudi was surprised with the girl's skill... he could of course catch the teapot with his hand but he wasn't sure he could do it with a 3-foot-long steel rod...

"Bravo!" proclaimed Fang Wudi as he observed the feat performed by such a young girl. "Waiter! Bring me the best wine you have!" The pale waiter from before brought Wudi his wine a few minutes later and left it at the table. Wudi grabbed the huge pot of wine by the mouth, "Elder Zhuo, let's have a drink!" And with that Wudi took a huge drink out of the pot. Everyone remarked at the speed of which Wudi drank wine. When Wudi was done he tossed the pot of wine at Zhuo Jia Li. Jia Li leaped up from her seat, caught the pot, and landed back on her seat. Jia Li did this all in one motion.

She took a sip then said in a sweet voice, "Thank you, Sect Leader Fang!" She tossed the pot back at Wudi who caught it with his right hand and immediately started drinking again. These two tossed the pot of wine back and forth for a dozen more time until it emptied.

"Aww...Sect Leader Fang, you drank it all!"

"Oh...you want more wine? Waiter!" The waiter knew what Wudi wanted already because of the loud tone of which Wudi spoke. While they waited for the wine to be brought someone from another table whispered, "I wonder who is stronger...Sect Leader Fang or Elder Zhuo..." This person purposely whispered loud enough for people to hear.

Wudi felt enraged that he is being compared to a girl, especially a very young girl at that. "If you have something to say, say it to my face. You don't have to be all secretive about it. I will not fight a girl even if she is strong. Why don't I fight you?"

Jia Li was chaffed by Fang Wudi's remark and snapped, "Hey Sect Leader Fang, are you looking down on me just because I'm a young girl? Why don't we exchange a few strokes? As the saying goes, 'We don't know each other till we've fought!' (Bu Da Bu Xiang Shi) Come, please show me a few pointers!"

Before anyone could reply, Jia Li starred at the man who whispered about them, snorting, "Don't be too smug, kid. You're next."

Jia Li then sommersaulted into the middle of the hall and twirled her steel rod several times to the cheers of the spectators. She said, "This is the New Dog-Beating Skill! (Xin Da Gou Bang Fa)" stressing on the word 'Dog' and sticking her tongue at Fang Wudi.

Those who didn't know Zhuo Jia Li were surprised that a young girl would dare challenge the Sect Leader of Kong Tong, but experts like Fang Wudi could see that her skills did live up to her reputation...

(Tommy, to fight or not to fight... that's the question. )

While a tense inevitable showdown was going to take place between the two wulin warriors, a man was sleeping soundly on top of the roof of Yi Tian Tao Long Inn. He had spent the entire day patching and replacing the plates on top of the roof and fell asleep on the job.

He had been traveling for days before entering Luoyang but had run out of money. While wandering he bumped into a huge restaurant and went inside to ask the owner, Mi Tian Gong, if he could have food and shelter in exchange of doing some manual labor. The owner thought that the roof was becoming worn out and leaking in some places when it rains. Members of every kind of sect, large or small, were coming to his Inn and he did not wish to displease them if he could avoid it. He agreed that if Ji Kern could fix the roof he would let him sleep in the hay room for a couple of nights and have free leftovers for dinner. Ji Kern agreed and thought this wasn't a bad deal. His odd job wouldn't affect his daily routine of doing good deeds. He accepted immediately and started two days ago.

Unfortunately, he hasn't gotten much rest since he has been occupied day and night. He became exhausted in the afternoon and decided to lay down only to rest his eyes for a moment but accidentally fell sleep instead. He woke up when the restaurant got awfully lively and at the excited buzz that was going on inside.

Ji Kern sits up up with a yawn while stretching his arms. He surveys his handy work that he has done earlier and is proud of what he sees. He's hoping that the inn keeper will be so satisfied with his work that he will give him some extra money as bonus.

I could really use the money to buy new shoes. One of them is already punctured.

His large toe disappears and appears from the hole in his shoe as he flexes it.

There's a mouse inside my shoe....

He smiles and stands up to go back to the hay room when after walking for a few paces he notices that one of the plates he is stepping on has a weird creak when he places his foot atop it.

Strange, I'm usually very thorough. This can't be my mistake.

He steps on it again and notices nothing has happened. He shakes his head and scolds himself for letting his paranoia affect him.

He takes a few more steps and suddenly the place on the roof where he's standing on caves in and he falls down right onto the floor. He slowly looks around and see that he's lying in a pile of debris between a little young girl and an angry looking man with a beard.

"Wah... why did so many people came up here to greet me... "
    Last edited by Radken; 01-19-08 at 12:38 PM.

Just as Fang Wudi was about to reply to Elder Zhuo's request he heard a loud noise. A man had fallen through the rooftop of the restaurant and had landed on top of a table full of Wulin Pugilists. The people who sat at the table of which that young man landed were enraged. One man with a large scimitar immediately attempted to cut off the young man's head with his oversized blade. Seeing this Wudi immediately reacted. Taking a few strides forward he stopped the man quickly by grabbing him by his wrists. "Hey friend, what's the problem? He's just a young fellow. I don't think he did this on purpose to get you mad. Why don't you give me face and let him off?" said Wudi.

The man glared at Wudi before he said, "Fine! I'll let this little bastard off this time." He shook Wudi's hand off then moved to another table. His friends followed him.

"Thanks! Thanks! Thank you so much for saving my life!" said Ji Kern gratefully.

"What about our fight, Sect Leader Fang?" said Elder Zhuo impatiently.

"Okay...if you want."
    Last edited by Tom; 01-19-08 at 10:01 AM.

Seeing that a fight is about to erupt between two powerhouses, the heroes in the inn cleared the middle of the floor. They knew that top fighters in the martial world are often capable of "Striking the Ox From Across the Mountain", an expression describing the ability to launch Long Distance Attacks (LDA) from over 10+ feet away. Although few in the room has witnessed either of the two contestants perform in combat, they nevertheless took the cautious route of "just in case."

Fang Wudi extended his hand in front of his robe. He said in a clear, inviting voice: "Sister Zhuo (Zhuo guniang), you may execute the first strike."

Zhuo Jiali did not hesitate. She let out a vibrant shout and prepared her first stance. When everyone heard this shout, they all thought: "this young woman is a tough warrior."

Suddenly, a sigh was heard from the crowd: "Aiye, it is a sad day when we fight each other instead of slaughtering enemies. Leader Zhuang, how can you rest in peace knowing this?"

The voice was not loud, and yet it entered the ears of every guest. The statement startled both Zhuo Jiali and Fang Wudi. They knew that it was a reference to the late Golden Vigor Banner Leader Zhuang of the once-powerful Ming Cult, who dedicated his life to fighting injustice. Banner Leader Zhuang once united the entire wulin to hold the largest convention of the past 100 years. His leadership and dedication were well-known and respected.

The voice from the crowd continued: "If Leader Zhuang were still alive, he would surely be disappointed in our efforts to fight in vain. Is it really true that no one in the martial world today can uphold the standards and values set forth by the late Leader Zhuang? Sigh..."

Fang Wudi retracted his stance. He raised his hand to apologize to Zhuo Jiali: "Sister Zhuo, my apologies for being abrasive. We have more important matters at hand."
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Elder Zhuo sniggered, "This is a friendly match for us to learn from each other. Nobody's going to avenge the father or whatever here. What business is it of yours to stop us? Are you the enemy that we need to slaughter?"

Her beggar-followers laughed, "So what if that fella's internal energy is good? Wait till he tastes the profound skills of Sword... oops, Rod Goddess Zhuo! If he has any guts, he should come out and face us like a true hero!"

Jia Li smiled sweetly at Fang Wudi and his heart briefly stirred, thinking, "If she wasn't so sloppy, she'd be so pretty."

Woosh!

Fang Wudi's thoughts were abruptly halted as the steel rod swept towards his face.

"Watch out!" shouted Jia Li at the same time.

Fang Wudi tried to duck away as Ji Kern scrambled aside. Fang Wudi felt that as a Sect Leader, he should concede 3 moves to Jia Li and merely tried to avoid her steel rod.

However the steel rod chased his face like a homing missile and in a flash targeted all the accupoints on his left shoulder and neck. Fang Wudi started and realised that in a match between experts, conceding even half a move could prove lethal.

This move was an improvement of the Dog-Beating Skill's Chase technique which Jia Li jokingly called the Stalk. It was designed to pursue evading opponents in the way they least expected.

Fang Wudi immediately responded with a stance from the Golden Buddha Fist and tried to smack the rod aside.

Jia Li darted downwards and twisted the rod sideways, then circled the rod around Fang Wudi's wrist as she jumped up at him.

This was a derivation of the Coil technique and easily trapped Fang Wudi's hand in a wide 'net'.

Fang Wudi brought up his other palm directly in line with Jia Li's arm and launched it with a stance from the Seven Injuries Fist.

Jia Li, whose internal strength was weaker than Fang Wudi's, avoided the blow and jabbed the rod straight at Fang Wudi's chest.

Just as he was about to block it, a most elusive foot suddenly appeared from nowhere right in front of his face...

Carefully thinking over the situation he was in, Fang Wudi concluded that it’d be wiser to avoid the kick and take the blow from rod rather than the opposite; and so he did just that. Just before it was too late, Fang Wudi turned his body sideways to avoid both the kick and the jab from Zhuo Jiali’s rod just in time. However, as a result, Fang Wudi suffered a side blow from Zhuo Jiali’s rod which caused Fang Wudi to retract several steps back. Luckily, the blow wasn’t backed up by a strong internal energy. The man who unleashed the flying kick, on the other hand, missed and his foot came smashing down on a nearby table breaking it in half. Dishes smashing can be heard as the attacker muttered something beneath her breath, “Damn it, I missed.” The attacker was a large man, just about Fang Wudi’s size. He was Xue Muo Shuo, Zhou Fan.

“Hey! Why did you inter…” Zhuo Jiali’s sentence was cut short by Zhou Fan.

“Fear not little girl! Zhou Fan is here! Now that big bad shi xiong of mine won’t dare lay a finger on you anymore!” Zhou Fan’s voice boomed throughout the inn.

Upon hearing the mention of the newcomer’s name, everyone’s eyes immediately locked on Zhou Fan. Some showed fear on their faces and some showed anger. However, every one of them had the same thought on their mind: “Is that really Xue Muo Shou?”

“Who are you calling your shi xiong? You have been long expelled from the sect! I have no shidi like you!” Fang Wudi immediately jumped in.

“Damn it! How many times do I have to repeat myself?! I chose to leave the sect on my own free will! I WAS NOT EXPELLED!!!” Zhou Fan shouted back angrily.

A little annoyed, Zhuo Jiali tapped her steel rod on the hard floor, causing a loud thud sound and cleared her throat. She didn’t really care who this Zhou Fan was. The only thing she knew was that he was interfering with her fight. “Excuse me but…” Again she was cut short by Zhou Fan.

“Don’t worry miss, I got this!” Zhou Fan’s voice boomed once again as his attention shifted back to Fang Wudi.

Fang Wudi just stood there and shook his head. “What are you doing here anyway?”

“What do you mean why? Of course I’m here for the wulin meeting! And what do I find here? An oversized leader of the honorable Kong Dong sect picking on a little girl half his age! You should be ashamed of yourse…” Zhou Fan was then cut short by an angered Fang Wudi.

“Watch your tongue traitor! We were only having a little spar!” Fang Wudi corrected him.

“A little spar, a little spar? Picking on a little girl half your age is not what I would call a little spar! I knew you can’t keep your desires under control! You are a disgrace to all the men of wulin!” Zhou Fan shouted back with an accusing finger.

Anger seeped through Fang Wudi like water would wet a towel. He was furious at Zhou Fan, a man who is both a traitor and a liar, for accusing him. Wudi knew he had to keep his cool though. He couldn't lose face in front of everyone from Wulin. He took a deep breath, "I don't want to have anything to do with you. You're no longer a part of Kongtong Sect so please don't call me martial brother (shixiong) anymore." And with that Fang Wudi started walking back to his table.

Zhuo Jia Li stood there, holding her steel rod out. She knew she is looking like a complete idiot. It's all because of this man, thought Zhuo Jia Li as she stared at Zhou Fan. "Since you interrupted my fight, how about I fight you?" challenged Zhuo Jia Li.

"Little girl...I don't feel like it. Plus," said Zhou Fan as he studied Zhuo Jia Li from head to toe, "You're no match for me."

Zhuo Jia Li sprinted forward and started swinging her rod around, targeting at all the major pressure points of Zhou Fan. These moves were executed like an expert. Zhuo Jia Li has probably reached the peak of perfection in using the New Dog-Beating Stick. Zhou Fan evaded them at first but after prolonged combat he was constantly getting smacked around by Zhuo Jia Li. The audience watched in disapproval as they see Zhou Fan, a Sect Leader, having difficulty fighting a little girl. This little girl might be an Elder of Beggar Sect but a little girl is still a little girl. Ji Kern was among the audience watching the fight. He sat at the corner of the inn and was eating the leftovers that was given to him by the inn owner. An occasional "Wow" can be heard from his corner of the room.

After going on for over a hundred exchanges Zhou Fan had enough. He was not going to be bullied by a little girl. He attempted to grab onto the rod but Zhuo Jia Li knew what he wanted to do. She pulled the rod backwards and out of Zhou Fan's reach. For the next couple of minutes Zhuo Fan went on the offensive; trying to grab onto the rod. Jia Li was just trying to evade Zhuo Fan's attempts. However, because Zhuo Jia Li's internal is lower than that of Zhuo Fan's, she got tired after further battle. Her movements started to lose their flexibility and quickness. And Zhuo Fan's hand finally found it's way onto the rod. He quickly channeled his deadly internal power through it. Jia Li's fingers immediately went numb. She dropped the rod and Zhou Fan immediately took advantage of this chance. Zhou Fan was about to execute his revised version of Seven Injury Fist, the Nine Injury Fist. It would damage him too but he wanted to boast about it to Wudi.

Wudi saw this and flew to Elder Zhuo's rescue in the blink of an eye. He pushed Zhuo Jia Li out of the way just quick enough for her to avoid being hit. He however got pounded very hardly by the punch. He slid a few feet backwards because of the force of the impact. Blood leaked out from the two corners of his mouth but Wudi managed to stay standing.

"You're evil! She's just a little girl. If that had hit her then she would have died!" roared Fang Wudi ferociously.

"She attacked me first. I already said I didn't want to fight her," scorned Zhou Fan.
    Last edited by Tom; 01-24-08 at 10:03 AM.

Elder Zhuo was stunned by this change of events. She realised that she'd been too careless in dealing with Zhuo Fan because his internal strength was higher than hers. Her eyes squinted as her grin faded.

"You don't have a choice!"

She kicked the rod and it flew right at Zhou Fan's chest - the rod was so swift that it reached Zhou Fan just as he heard the word 'choice'. He was stunned and tried to smack down on the rod using the Nine Injuries Fist again. Wanting to show off, he became conceited and quickly dismissed Jia Li as a country farmer girl who happened to learn some martial arts.

He quickly stepped back and raised his right fist but before he could strike, Jia Li's foot swung right at his right waist!

"Let me show you a real kick!" teased Jia Li.

Zhou Fan twisted his body sideways and avoided the kick. But Jia Li snatched the rod and twirled round, her other foot suddenly flying towards Zhou Fan's chest. Irritated, he threw out his palm at her leg with much of his strength with a loud roar.

The kick was a fake move. Jia Li dropped down on the ground and rolled over very closely to Zhou Fan's legs. Having never seen such a strange move, Zhou Fan was confused slightly and hastily tried to leap away.

Jia Li laughed and twisted her rod according to the Trip technique and it went right between his legs just as he was in mid-air. She had nicknamed this move the Falling Pig Stance.

Zhou Fan suddenly felt his leg trapped in the air and he panicked, trying to kick his way out. That was just what Jia Li wanted.

Using the Coil technique, she jabbed the accupoint on his ankle and he felt his legs go numb just as he landed. He lost his balance and stumbled backwards and with Jia Li lashing out with her rod again, he couldn't handle it anymore and collasped heavily on the floor with an "Oof!"

Jia Li laughed, "You won once, I won once. Now we're even."

“Oh, this is interesting. Fancy a big man getting beaten up by a little girl.” Someone in the crowd commented.

Zhou Fan turned towards the source of the voice. “Who is saying that?” He shouted angrily.

Jia Li laughed again, “Oh, that person is just speaking the truth. The fact is that I just won you.”

Zhou Fan was not convinced when Jia Li won him. All the more he was angry, now that he was being laughed at.

Zhou Fan sneered, “You won with underhand means. If not for the fact that you are a girl, I would have beaten you up already…”

The same person in the crowd laughed when he heard that. He said, “Well, this guy here sure is shameless. He doesn’t want to admit defeat even though he has lost.”

By now, Zhou Fan was already very agitated. He was about to forcefully barge into the crowd and ask who spoke when a young man suddenly walked out of the crowd.

The young man said smilingly, “Hey, there is no need to get so agitated. So what if you lost to a girl? I was actually talking to myself when I made that comment—there was no need for you to get so angry.”

Zhou Fan did not bother about what he said and sent a punch towards his face.

The young man avoided the attack easily. “I am not here to fight. Maybe we could be friends instead. My name is Yang Fei Yun. What’s yours?” He asked with a smile on his face.

Ji Kern was happily eating his noodles and enjoying the display of fighting prowness when suddenly Mi Tian Gong comes up to him in a fit of rage.

"Still eating?!? Hurry up and diffuse this situation!

He looks up at the inn keeper with food in his mouth.

"I was going to but then- "

He picks out a small bone from his teeth and puts it on a piece of paper.

"That Kongtong leader and Beggars' Clan elder already stopped fighting. Now it's just that whatshisname Zhou Fan flailing recklessly at random people. Look, that gentlemen in the crowd there looks like he has some nice moves. After he's done with that Zhou Fan there should be no more trouble."

"I don't care! I haven't even complain about the roof yet! You better tell them to stop or tonight you'll sleep on the streets!"

The inn keeper walks away angrily. Ji Kern puts down his bowl and stands up. He does a somersault in the air and lands behind Zhou Fan. He taps on his shoulder.

"Sorry sir but could you please calm down a bit?"

Zhou Fan smirks and turns his attention away from Yang Fei Yun. He quickly punches Ji Kern in the upper abdomen and and sent him flying across a table and onto a group of other spectators.

"You're lucky I only used ten percent of my power. Or otherwise you be dead!"
    Ji Kern throws up some of the soup he drank earlier.

"Thanks for giving me face... "
    Last edited by Radken; 01-20-08 at 01:53 AM.

"Interesting… so there will be a meeting after all. Hmm… very well I will pay a visit then.” Thought Jun Yan as he sipped his tea and continued to watch as the young man tried to pacify the arrogant Zhou Fan

He wasn’t at all worried nor did he give a care to the four no five involved in the fight. To him such displays of martial powers were nothing but an attempt to gain reputation which he Jun Yan had no desire in. But he had to concede that he had learned a lot of insights on Fist and Rod types of techniques.

"It seems that I have learned more than what had I anticipated when I first stepped into this inn. Truly, their techniques are wondrous and are not described in the manual. It would be great to duel the girl and that Fang fella…” thought Jun Yan as he absently stroke his metal rod at his side in such a way that a parent would do so to their first born child.

"But nah. They have sustained injuries and within the crowd are more pugilists. It would be difficult to make an exit should a need arises. But still such a chance is rather hard to come by. Such a dilemma!” thought Jun Yan as he arched his eyebrows and continued to sip his tea.

He stood up and was intending to retired to his room when he felt someone watching him… very much like how a lion would mark out its prey before the actually hunt begun.

"Hmmm… perhaps this would be an interesting night after all.” With that he turned and with one causal flick of his rod sent four jars of wine flying to the surprised faces of Zhou Fan, Fang Wudi, Jia Li and the young man in which they grabbed quickly for who in Jiang Hu could actually resist wine?

The crowd was silent for to actually do such a maneuver was extremely difficult as the jars were fragile and what more four at a time with a rod in just a single move was something that one do not get to see everyday.

"Why the tense atmosphere gentlemen… and lady? Here’s some wine to help ease the tension… My treat…”
    Last edited by druid; 01-20-08 at 01:44 AM.
    " Forgo your past and embrance the future OR abandon your future to save your past?"

Yang Fei Yun saw the jar of wine flying towards him and he grabbed it easily.

"Why the tense atmosphere gentlemen… and lady? Here’s some wine to help ease the tension… My treat…” The guy who flicked the jars over said.

“His skills are not bad.” Yang Fei Yun thought. “Since I am out here in the pugilistic world for the first time, it would be wise to make more friends than enemies.”

He finished the jar of wine and walked towards the man.

“Nice wine,” Yang Fei Yun exclaimed.

Yang Fei Yun stretched out his right hand, apparently wanting to shake the man’s hand.

“May I have your name?” Yang Fei Yun asked the man.

Zhuo Jia Li mumbled with a lopsided grin, "I think he's the Neutral Weapon of the East. Cool, another expert in using rods..."

Neither Fang Wudi nor Yang Fei Yun heard her, and she casually gulped down the wine before yawning.

"Beggar brothers, let's retire for the night. Ah Mao, go get us a room."

Ah Mao quickly said, "Yes, Elder Zhuo!"

Jia Li hung her steel rod on her back then trooped up the stairs into the inn, followed by her beggar followers. She flopped down onto the floor on entering the room and muttered, "Hmm, that's enough excitement for the day."

Soon her whole room was snoring.

“May I have your name?”

Immediately Jun Yan froze... many a times when he was about to kill someone, they would ask him for his name... in which he would always answer " balance must be observed" rather than giving alway his name and the deed was done. The question from Yang Fei Yun stunned Jun Yan as it made Jun Yan recalled just how many killings he had made.

Looking at how Jun Yan had froze upon his question, Fei Yun was uneasy as all eyes were upon him and Jun Yan. Not knowing what to do, he left his hand in mid air hopping that Jun Yan would shake it the next second.

"Ah... it would seem that our friend would prefer to remain anonymous...just as well... here a toast to you stranger!" spoke Fang Wudi as he grabbed another jar and threw it with 70% of his power at a dazed Jun Yan.

" To be able to use a rod as if it was just like your arm is by no means a easy feat. This stranger... just who is he? Not many is skilled in the way of the rod..." thought Fang Wudi as he watched the flying jar.

As the jar spin through the air, the vibrational sound caused Jun Yan to awake from his inner demons. Clutching his rod on his left hand and having a sword appeared on his right, Jun Yan "caught" the jar with the blade of his sword and at the exact same moment push it back to Fang Wudi with a light tap with his rod in his left hand.

The crowds were stunned, not because of the feat that just occurred but rather by the way Jun Yan was holding his sword! It was a back handed style with the blade of the sword pressing onto the flesh of the Jun Yan's arm all the up till his shoulders.

" Ah, my apologies friend. An old illness of mine. My surname is Ling. Elder Fang, i am afraid I do not enjoy nor drink wine." spoke Jun Yan to Yang Fei Yun and then to Fang Wudi who just happen to catch the jar.

The jar vibrated a second longer in his arms then what he would have expected.. a testimony to the skill of Jun Yan.

"Just who is this fellow named Ling?" these thoughts were in the minds of all present in the inn...
    " Forgo your past and embrance the future OR abandon your future to save your past?"

“How about I drink the wine instead?” Yang Fei Yun asked smilingly. Without waiting for a reply, he opened his mouth. Wine flew out from the wine jar in Fang Wudi’s hand into Yang Fei Yun’s mouth.

Everyone was awed by this display. One’s internal energy need not be profound to perform this stunt, but one must know how to utilise his or her internal energy to do this. What Yang Fei Yun just did was a demonstration of advanced usage of internal energy.

Jun Yan thought, “From this I cannot judge how profound his internal energy is, but I know for a fact he possess a unique type of internal energy not known to many.”

Fang Wudi thought, “I have to be cautious of this person. He better not create any trouble for me.” He was unhappy with the fact that Yang Fei Yun just showed off in front of him and made him lose face.

Yang Fei Yun looked at the sky and said, “It is getting late and I ought to be returning to my room.” With that, he walked up the stairs and entered his room.

Having had enough time to recover his composure, Jun Yan silently thank the Gods. With Yang Fei Yun retiring to his room and the elder Zhou gone, it would seem prudent to leave for he knew that his inner power was weaker compared to the Wudi and Zhou Fan though with his superior weapon mastery he might not necessary lose.

Facing to both Zhou Fan and Wudi, Jun Yan spoke in low voice and almost emotionless tone...

" Gald to have met two such masters and witness such profound usage of fist. May fate enable us to cross each other's path in the future. I take my leave." With that Jun Yan turned and left with his weapons in hand.

Yet the feeling of being marked did not leave him.

" Could it be that whosoever is staring at me is not one of the four?" he pondered, deep in thought... until he very nearly stepped onto a foot...

Stopping at the possible moment, his rod flashed and moved and up came nervous looking Ji Kern.

" You ok?"

A nod.

" Right. Here is some silver for the trouble. Good night."

Yang Fei Yun was deep in though when he returned to his room. He realised that his skills were not that high compared to those famous people in the pugilistic world—he regretted not practising more before he came out of the tomb.

“No wonder Dad said the pugilistic world is full of dangers. I should have listened to his advice and practised more before I came out to the pugilistic world. I should not have came out when I have only started on the Yang Family Internal Art.” Yang Fei Yun thought.

He sat on the bed as he pondered over those martial arts consisted in the 9 Yin manual. He was not able to practise them initially in the tomb due to his weak physique.

Soon, the sky turned dark. He went to bed early as he has had a tired day.
    Last edited by kwekmh; 01-20-08 at 10:11 AM.