Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I thought this show wasn't your cup of tea, so I'm surprised you're even watching it at all.

click to show/hide spoilers
    I think the plot is slowing down because its drawing to a near end. I think its reasonable for them to show the main couple maturing after two years. I mean had they ended show with Ji Nian Pin's birth, theres still this unresolved relationship between Cun Xi and Anna. Chen Xin Yi would still be that weak girl and Cun Xi would still be that hot tempered selfish guy. So I think the way they have it now...Cun Xi's love for XY has matured and Anna is back on her feet with a ballet school of her own.

Well I hope they end the series at episode 20 or something. Otherwise, I'd consider it to be draggy unless they have other logical plot driving stories.

Lol, where did you get that idea? Well maybe I've ranted about my hatred for idol dramas on spcnet before. This show is kinda....different I guess?

It's sort of a personal thing too. I started watching during school and it gave me something to "look forward" to every single Sunday ever since now even. And the sad theme song (the one that starts w/ a piano) is special to me because I listened to it repeatedly during a difficult time. Great...now this drama is making me go all sappy.

But yeah, the two things I like most about it are the humor and emotional scenes. The humor is better than most whiny humor in idol dramas....and Qiao En and the supporting characters really do try to make the scenes very sentimental and give it their best shot without trying to be sappy.

I guess I just like the simplicity and innocence of the drama itself since it generally doesn't try too hard. But in the later episodes, I've been feeling that they're trying too hard and it's started to become too similar to those ones.

But I hope it can improve near the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks for your feedback! I will get the soundtrack then.. It is great to hear that the singer of the theme will have a cameo too. What do you think of this series overall? How many eps will there be in all? I hope that it isn't to draggy... THanks!

The series is so far one of my favorite Taiwanese dramas... FOR SURE! Its very entertaining; great mixture of romance, comedy, and everything mixed in between. The genre is 'romantic/comedy' and honestly, it can be so serious, but there would be an ice-breaker... You can cry your eyes out in one moment and then laugh out loud on others... I really like it! It hasn't been very draggy, but there were parts where I just want to fall asleep; but again, its hard to gain my full attention, and this series did well!

There was originally supposed to be 20 episodes, but it MAY extend another 2 episodes... We'll have to see, there were no OFFICIAL answers!
    Amy Chan Sau Man and Maggie Cheung Ho Yee 4ever!

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    The plot kinda sucks. But the other stuff, are really great, like the acting, humor.

The Anna thing was SOOOOOOOOOOO typical.
    I got that idea from this post.

Does anyone think Dylan's long lost little sister is really Anna? If so, Dylan can take care of Anna after CX and XY remarry.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I got that idea from this post.

Does anyone think Dylan's long lost little sister is really Anna? If so, Dylan can take care of Anna after CX and XY remarry.
    I hope not. That would just be too convenient. I was a reading a forum entry that was discussing about books' endings. And like the mass concensus, I must agree that when something is so convenient and wrapped up in a pretty package like that, it's corny and unrealistic. Not to say that idol dramas are realistic in any way, but I hope they would not do that. I hope they would not reveal who his sister is, as in keeping that a mystery, we as the viewer would at least get a disillusion that life goes on. That some questions may not have an answer at this particular moment and may never even have an answer at all. But then again, such endings make viewers suspect that it's an opening for a sequel, which hopefully doesn't happen, b/c they generally ruin the magic of the first. And since in a recent interview Ethan Ruan revealed that he would not like to participate in a sequeal and in a previous article Joe Chen (or is it Sun Zhong, the J-star manager) said she was tire of doing idol dramas and hopes to do more serious work, it is unlikely that a sequel will happen.

On the same line of thought, spin-offs might be fun. I say, idol dramas shouldn't do sequels but spin-offs where the focus is on the third-wheel(s) and maybe the main characters of the original will guess star. That would be cool, I think. Or little specials are enjoyable (like Meteor Rain, oops, another inappropriate reference, sorry guys/gals).
    Last edited by MysticDust; 07-09-08 at 12:49 AM.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    Hi Trinie, thanks for the acknowlegement. I'm actually studying abroad in Taipei right now (gonna be here for two months studying chinese). And yes, the show is currently airing. The lastest ep. is 17 here. It shows on at least two channels during the weekend. I think it will end soon. Maybe at ep. 20 or 21 (I hope). I think the series is def. worth investing in. Yes, it gets frustrating, I admit to skipping several eps., but there are sweet moments in between. Since my chinese is poor, I actually enjoy watching online with the subs though.

I personally enjoy the relationships in this show. I like Xin Yi's sisters and mother. They can be slightly annoying, but I love them. Her conversation with her mother in private, I think, are really sweet. And her second sister, while she tend to over-act, is really likeable at times.

I also think Cun Xi and Xin Yi are sweet as a couple. I don't like it that he can't cut his ties with Anna (yes, played by Bianca) however. That's the problem with idol dramas, main characters are not very explicit in their refusals and/or are too indecisive sometimes. (Maybe this is why I will always support meteror garden I, in that at least Dou Ming Si have a clear/stubborn understanding of who he wants. I can't say the same for San Cai, however. And I refuse to watch the 2nd one; sorry for referencing another drama, but I am rewatching it here, since they are re-airing the show on the tube).
    Hey Mystic Dust,
    Glad to see you remembered me. I am guessing that you are studying for the summer. Hope you have lots of fun and improve your Chinese. I hope to go to teach there one day... I hope you can share your experience with me after you are done.
    Thanks for your info about this series... I think I will get the DVDs later on to watch since i hate watching series on youtube because it is such a chore... I also don't need subtitles so I am avoiding watching it on youtube. But I do watch certain parts and I must say certain parts are kind of boring... I just hope the ending isn't disappointing since a lot of series can be good, but then have a bad ending which will mess the whole series up.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Wish to know the ending..pls post spoilers coz i know i wont watch the series but i love joe chen and wish to know what happens to the cast
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

so, have anyone seen ep. 18 yet? I have to say, best ep. so far If you haven't watch it, go check it out and you'll see what I mean. It starts out soooo wrong on so many levels, becomes sweet and slightly sad in the middle and ended on an exciting (anticipating) point.

Now, I can't wait for 19 to see the courting process.

XWingSuki: that's sad that you won't watch this cuz it's really good, but since it hasn't end yet, can't give you spoilers of the ending.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Oh it's okay. The main guy looks like a guy I rejected before, better not to bring back the bad memories. Haha jk he does resemble Ethan Ruan but theres no bad memories, just dont wanna feel anything for him ^^
    Among the cast list I just know Joe Chen Qiao En.. and Bianca Bai, Ethan's gf is the same girl who played Bai Hui Lan, the girl who was going to get married with Joe Cheng in ISWAK right? heard she also act with Mingdao in Angel Lover
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

i love fated to love you, it's probably by far my fave 2008 series but on the other hand i havne't watch much twdramas this year xP

joe's acting is really superb and ethan is quite okay though some scenes he seems really exaggerated i love him in green forest my home so that's good that he have more opportunities and i'm sure he got very popular with this series now!
    Aaron Yan Mike He
    Yamapi Kim HyunJoong Lee Joon Lee HongKi

to me, it seems like this series is going end soon .... i really like how
    they use the video recording to bust
    Anna of her selfish act with the Abortion paper scandal..
    Again, I really like this series but I still can't get over Ethan over-exaggerated facial expressions..it's cute though...
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

All I have to say is the drama is so far okay. The beginning was good but after the miscarriage drama, I find that the drama is just dragging now. I hope that it will have a good ending.

i just find it funny...
    when ethan went to the hotel(club) where he have the girl be sticky note girl...lol.. and then he got drunk and open up his real feelings...

anyway, so far i am still liking it...
    What you think, is what you do....what you do, is what you are.......

my sister said ep 18 was a disappoiment and she quesitoned why the ratings was so high xD

i feel that fated to love you toward the end episodes are really not up to par compare to the beginning episodes...but yeah most dramas are like that they start out very entertainign and then just drag toward the middle/end
    Aaron Yan Mike He
    Yamapi Kim HyunJoong Lee Joon Lee HongKi

Quote Originally Posted by nancie View Post
    my sister said ep 18 was a disappoiment and she quesitoned why the ratings was so high xD

i feel that fated to love you toward the end episodes are really not up to par compare to the beginning episodes...but yeah most dramas are like that they start out very entertainign and then just drag toward the middle/end
    I wonder why she felt that way. From my pov, 18 was good because...
    it starts out w/ a very funny segment w/ cunxi hiring girls to pretend to be xinyi. During a drunken state, he confessed his feelings to the fake xinyi, which is kinda nice and then there's a bed scene between cunyi and someone which is reflective of the comedy seen in the beginning. Later we got to see a budding side romance (lust) between anson and someone , which is very funny. Then there's the great discovery of anna's evil deed (not really, but that's how I see it) several years back. I think the process was well done because they didn't utilize the cliche of having her feel guilty and confess and thus the reuniting of the main characters. Instead, they used a different method which is fresh and which enhanced the audience's (me) feeling that the world is finally right again and that justice will be served. And this method allows the story to go on b/c Anna had yet to repent.
    Then 19 had
    the great dumping anna scene with her "bu yao zou, bu yao zou" (her crying is not bad at all, though towards the end, it wasn't pretty but convincing, I think, cuz unlike many other actress, she abandoned the pretty to protray something more real and thank heavens, unlike the qiong yao stuff, there was no running nose stuff so it was not gross). Also, the courting xinyi moments, though that started to get kinda boring cuz my chinese is bad so I can't understand what they were chatting about online. Though I do enjoy the moments when he was getting jealous of Z. One notable part was when xinyi said she didn't have a boyfriend and he was thinking then who am I? I am her husband afterall (sorry, like I said, bad chinese, so this is just my rough interpretation). But I was disappointed in the fact that anna is dylan's sister. Seems that this will end w/ that pretty package that is soo reflective of idol dramas, but I don't like.

i haven't seen ep.19 but i love ep.18......love how they don't want to meet but then seen eachother......it is so cute....with all the tension..

This series was a hit in my cousin family(they all liked it) so maybe I'll try it..
    YANG

i'm sorry to said i find ep.19 boring .....maybe because most thing are already reveiled.. anyway, i hope the end will be better...

Quote Originally Posted by brukewilliams View Post
    [SIZE=3]Harry potter and the order of phoenix[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The five films currently released became the highest grossing film series of all time when not adjusted for inflation, with USD$4.48 billion in worldwide receipts. The series consists of five motion pictures with the latest instalment, Harry potter and the order of phoenix is released in cinemas in the United Kingdom and Ireland on 12 July 2007, and in Canada, Asia, Australia and the United States on 11 July 2007. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]----------------------------[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]brukewilliams[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=black]Email Marketing [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=white]y need to win at [/COLOR]
    i'm confused...what is this about harry potter?

Quote Originally Posted by brukewilliams View Post
    [SIZE=3]Harry potter and the order of phoenix[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]The five films currently released became the highest grossing film series of all time when not adjusted for inflation, with USD$4.48 billion in worldwide receipts. The series consists of five motion pictures with the latest instalment, Harry potter and the order of phoenix is released in cinemas in the United Kingdom and Ireland on 12 July 2007, and in Canada, Asia, Australia and the United States on 11 July 2007. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]----------------------------[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]brukewilliams[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=black]Email Marketing [/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=white]y need to win at [/COLOR]

i think this person is spamming...
    Currently watching:

• We got married
    • Moonlight Resonance
    • and many more...

"LEARN FROM YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY, HOPE FOR TOMORROW."

Who wants to bet $20 that this will be a happy ending? Lol.