Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

it will be happy ending because i have already read the novel n all the story is the same with the novel.
    so everyone don't need to bet...
    hehehehheh

Im glad that this drama has 20 episodes already and not have to wait for 20++ weeks (hehhe) and tonight the 21st episode should be airing in Taiwan...

all ends that ends well...

The director of the drama is the same as that of "My Lucky Star"? No wonder there's a mentioned of "E.shine"... Ruan's face also reminds me of Jimmy Lin sometimes.. hahah...

funny, that elaine is an artist here and in My Lucky star (cant remember the main character's name arleady), Hana is also a designer, hence an artist. ..

cant wait to see the last 3 episodes..

i truly love this series but i think that it should have ended at 20 eps...let me go watch ep 21 now...shall be back ..
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Like someone earlier in the thread...I also don't really like Taiwanese series usually. The only one I've liked so far is Dou Yu (and that one was really, really good, but kind of unlike "typical" taiwanese dramas).

But I'm totally addicted to this one. I thought episodes 3-8 were boring (actually all parts on Jiang Mu Dao are kind of annoying...Xin Yi's family are nice people but so crazy and LOUD! It gives me a headache to listen to them, lol). I don't know if they're there for comic relief or something, but I guess that kind of humour doesn't really appeal to me. However, the first 2 episodes were great and it really picked up from episode 9 onward.

Cun Xi was a huge jerk when they got married, but later on after he fell for Xin Yi he's so incredibly sweet. It's so nice of him to do so much for her without telling her (e.g. investing so much in Jiang Mu Dao, buying Xin Yi's sculpture and supporting her without telling her it was him, willing to let her walk away because he thinks that's what she wants, even though it really hurts him...)

Dylan is a super nice/sweet guy but for some reason just not as attractive as Cun Xi (character-wise--physically they're both pretty hot. XD) There also is really no spark or chemistry between him and Xin Yi (whereas the tension between Cun Xi and Xin Yi...woah). And what's up with his hairstyle in Shanghai? Just awful! blech. Anyways, I thought the cast/writers/director did a really good job--you really get the feeling that Cun Xi and Xin Yi are just fated to be together, and even though Dylan is so nice there's something missing.

Anyways, I find it funny that their names sound so similar ("Cun Xi" and "Chen Xin Yi"). Especially with the Taiwanese accent and when they speak fast (so that "Xin Yi" ends up sounding like "Xi"). A few times when they were talking, I was like "huh? why did Cun Xi just call Xin Yi by his name??" before I realized!

Well, still a few more eps to go but I can definitely see this series as one I would love to rewatch (and I'm the kind of person who usually only sees dramas once). I think it'll be even more enjoyable the 2nd time around, actually, since I can just skip all the boring parts (which is the main gripe I have with this series--some parts are just so, amazingly, good, but then other parts are too boring/annoying).

The ending did get a little bit draggy...I didn't enjoy it as much as the beginning, but the quality is >>>>>>>>>> than 99% of Taiwanese dramas lol.

Someone mentioned this and I agree. The leads are great, but it's really the supporting characters and script that makes this series stand out. The mother and the two sisters (well mostly 2nd sister) are HILARIOUSSSS....

Overall, I am amazed at how it can be SO silly AND still touch on serious issues (abortion, one night stands) with genuity and sincerity.

Default about the cute doggy

Anyone knows if what breed is that little doggy in the drama? If you know, please tell me. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by ohrealli View Post
    Anyone knows if what breed is that little doggy in the drama? If you know, please tell me. ^^
    I think it might be a white terrier.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

the breed name is called "maltese"

Last epi tomorrow!!! I predict:

Xin Yi and Cun Xi get married, have kids.
    Anna pursues a ballet teaching career, possibly teaching. She will eventually find her guy.
    The grandma gets together with Xin Yi's teacher.
    Dylan finds himself a girl too, possibly another post-it girl.
    Anson gets together with Xin Yi's older sister.

Everyone is happy!

Darn, I took a nap and didn't wake up early enough to watch it. I knew I should have set my alarm.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Nice epi, but now it's getting too predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    Last epi tomorrow!!! I predict:

Xin Yi and Cun Xi get married, have kids.
    Anna pursues a ballet teaching career, possibly teaching. She will eventually find her guy.
    The grandma gets together with Xin Yi's teacher.
    Dylan finds himself a girl too, possibly another post-it girl.
    Anson gets together with Xin Yi's older sister.

Everyone is happy!

Ep 23 wasn't the last episode. Or at least i don't think it is since Cun Xi and Xin Yi ddin't have any kids yet. I think there is going to be another episode to give the audience the happy end they expect or some what of it.

Quote Originally Posted by kissthefrog84 View Post
    Ep 23 wasn't the last episode. Or at least i don't think it is since Cun Xi and Xin Yi ddin't have any kids yet. I think there is going to be another episode to give the audience the happy end they expect or some what of it.

There are technically 24 episodes; but next week's final episode (episode 24) would only be approximately 30 minutes long. The station is obviously using FTLY's popularity to boost the ratings for their new drama "Flat Chested Ghost" (or something like that)! As silly as it sound; it may work a bit, even though I personally think the synopsis of the new drama seems less than entertaining, I might just feel 'kind' enough to give it a 'hit' and see it for myself.
    Amy Chan Sau Man and Maggie Cheung Ho Yee 4ever!

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')

One of the better idol dramas, for sure.

Who else thinks Joe Chen looks like a teenage version of Anita Mui?!
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz3 View Post
    One of the better idol dramas, for sure.

Who else thinks Joe Chen looks like a teenage version of Anita Mui?!
    Actually she reminds me a lot of a younger Noel Leung Siu Bing.

Joe Chen is actually in her twenties, I think. Not exactly teenage anymore.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I have never watch any taiwanese drama until recently. I have seen about 4 drama but i think the story are the same cause it always a rich guys meeting a poor girl and fall for her. And the kissing seeing so fake though but i like it.

Almost forgot i try to find some of the song on limrewire but couldn't find any cause anyone help me. PLEASE

Fated to Love You MV - Let go of Love
    http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=ss3kk5E8tF0

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Actually she reminds me a lot of a younger Noel Leung Siu Bing.

Joe Chen is actually in her twenties, I think. Not exactly teenage anymore.
    She does look a lot like Noel Leung when she's "not moving", but in profile and when she smiles/cries, she looks a lot like Anita Mui to me.

I just finish episode 24 and the end was good. Even though there are some part of the series that was a lil boring that i have to skip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41l7A...eature=related

Hands down the best behind-the-scenes clip for FTLY! Joe Chen starts crying when they find out they broke the ratings record (while filming ep. 9) and goes to hug Ethan, who's crying too!

A great BTS clip - congrats!