Thread: Question about DGSD(Tian Long Ba Bu)

Default Question about DGSD(Tian Long Ba Bu)

Sorry if i misplaced this thread , in the beginning chapter of this novels(Chapter 1 -2 if i'm not mistaken) mentioned about 'Angels' practising sword skills in
    'No Measure Jade Cliff' , what i'm interested is :

- What do they mean by 'Angel' ? , do chinese people at that periode famliar with the term 'Angel' ? , do they familiar with creature that have a pair of bird-like wing on their back ? , if they do maybe they also familiar with Jesus Christ ? LOL , anyway maybe this is just some mistranslations ^^ .

I Found this quite funny , does anyone share the same experience with me ?

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by little_one View Post
    Sorry if i misplaced this thread , in the beginning chapter of this novels(Chapter 1 -2 if i'm not mistaken) mentioned about 'Angels' practising sword skills in
    'No Measure Jade Cliff' , what i'm interested is :

- What do they mean by 'Angel' ? , do chinese people at that periode famliar with the term 'Angel' ? , do they familiar with creature that have a pair of bird-like wing on their back ? , if they do maybe they also familiar with Jesus Christ ? LOL , anyway maybe this is just some mistranslations ^^ .

I Found this quite funny , does anyone share the same experience with me ?

Peace
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Events later on in the novel reveals that the angels are merely the reflections on the cliff of a couple practicing their swordplays - and their swordplay is so brilliant that the observers thought that they are watching an out of this world skill - hence angels.
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

@Han Solo

I see ... , so 'Angels' in that translation means 'Something out of this world' hmm ... , I guess it is hard to find the 100% correct word to translate a chinese frase CMIIW

Peace