Thread: Ah Jiu's personality change from BXJ to DOMD

Default Ah Jiu's personality change from BXJ to DOMD

I'm basing my analysis on tv adaptations, so my material may be a bit off.

In BXJ, Ah Jiu is a very sweet girl (BXJ 2007) yet in DOMD (84) her personality has taken a drastic change (from what i've seen so far. up to ep 28) She is a much more hardened character and I don't see any similarities between Ah Jiu and Jiunan. As possibly my favorite character in BXJ, it's very sad to see her personality change
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

Quote Originally Posted by Allen D View Post

In BXJ, Ah Jiu is a very sweet girl (BXJ 2007) yet in DOMD (84) her personality has taken a drastic change (from what i've seen so far. up to ep 28) She is a much more hardened character and I don't see any similarities between Ah Jiu and Jiunan. As possibly my favorite character in BXJ, it's very sad to see her personality change
    well, if i got an arm chopped off and went from being princess to exiled nun...i'd get a personality change too

Quote Originally Posted by Allen D View Post

Her love interest also change as well. In BXJ, her lover is Yeun Sing Chi while her lover in (Truong Binh Cong Chua-Perish in the name of love) is Chau The Hien.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Her love interest also change as well. In BXJ, her lover is Yeun Sing Chi while her lover in (Truong Binh Cong Chua-Perish in the name of love) is Chau The Hien.
    I think the latter is not part of the JY canon. It sounds like you're thinking of the storyline behind the Princess Changping opera (where she and her lover--who was supposed to be her Fu Ma/Royal Consort--commit suicide instead of marrying to defy the Manchurians). I haven't seen "Perish in the Name of Love," but I gather they were "inspired" by that storyline.
    ZOMG I'm back! Did ya miss me? (yeah, probably didn't...)

I heard there was a secret chord
    That David played, and it pleased the Lord.