14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heavy Iron Sword

10 71.43%
  • QZJF+YNJF+L/R T

4 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yang Guo versus Xiao Longnu

Default Yeung Gor vs. Little Dragon Girl at Battle of Chung Yeung Temple

During the brief time they were separated starting just before Yeung Gor lost his arm and ending at the time of their reunion and wedding at Chung Yeung Temple, Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl had each vastly improved their martial arts abilities. Only a short time (days? weeks?) had passed since they had last seen each other, but during that time, Yeung Gor had consumed snake organs that greatly boosted his inner power and had begun training with Dook Goo Kau Bai's Heavy Iron Sword. At the same time, Little Dragon Girl had learned the Left/Right Hand Technique from Chow Bak Tung and consequently, was able to perform the Double Sword Attack by herself (without Yeung Gor's assistance). In a short time, they had each grown from upper mid-level fighters to near sub-Greats level.

The approaches to Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl's improvement, however, were quite different. Yeung Gor had achieved much greater *power*, and his new fighting techniques de-emphasized stealth and skill (hallmarks of his earlier fighting style) in favor of more raw power (as characterized by the Heavy Iron Sword Technique). Little Dragon Girl, however, improved her skills. Her inner power did not improve as a result of learning the Left/Right Hand Technique, but her improved skill meant she could handle Greats-level threats such as the Golden Wheel Monk credibly.

But which member of the couple was the better fighter at that point? If someone brainwashed Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl into fighting each other at that point, who would win? It seems like it would be a very close match...too close to call.

Interesting note: although Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl needed each other to be happy, from this point forward, neither would need each other in terms of *martial arts* combat. Up until this point, Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl's advantage lay in their ability to fight as a team. Separately, they were not world-beating fighters. Together, with their Double Sword Attack, they could hold their own or perhaps even win against Greats-level fighters. After Yeung Gor learned Dook Goo Kau Bai's martial arts and Little Dragon Girl learned the Left/Right Hand Technique, however, each was able to handle almost any threat individually. Indeed, after Yeung Gor lost his arm, he and Little Dragon Girl never fought in tandem again for the remainder of ROCH. They had become independent of each other as fighters (which is ironic considering they had become closer in all other ways).

I think that YG would win based on their skills and internal energy. XLN's techniques may be better, more complex but YG's HIS technique is simple yet very forceful. Techique wise I can't decide who would win but if they engage in a internal competition then YG would win easily...

Definitely YG by a long shot.

XLN had to fight her way through Jinlun, the Mongolian defectors and the Quanzhen elders, with her dazzling display of swordsmanship.

All YG did was pin Jinlun with his sword and Daerba had to pretty much beg for mercy.
    The Truth is out there
    I say we leave it there...

Quote Originally Posted by MrIllusion
    XLN had to fight her way through Jinlun, the Mongolian defectors and the Quanzhen elders, with her dazzling display of swordsmanship.

All YG did was pin Jinlun with his sword and Daerba had to pretty much beg for mercy.
    I think Little Dragon Girl actually did better than Yeung Gor did against the Golden Wheel Monk.

Little Dragon Girl was able to take on the Golden Wheel Monk, Wan Hak Sai, Siu Seung Tze, and Lui Mor Singh singlehandedly (something even Gwok Jing wasn't able to do), and she actually succeeded in injuring the Golden Wheel Monk (granted, it was a minor flesh wound, but stilll...)

Yeung Gor got into an inner power battle with the Golden Wheel Monk, but although Yeung Gor did surprisingly well (nobody expected him to be able to hold his own in an inner power contest with the Golden Wheel Monk), the tide was turning against him and he was losing...forcing Little Dragon Girl to bail them out by using a Honeybee Needle against the Golden Wheel Monk. Yeung Gor at that point was stronger than he'd ever been, but wasn't yet stronger than the Golden Wheel Monk.

XLN on one on one against JLFW was constantly drawing blood out of JLFW. In long term, XLN's weaker internal and stamina probably would outlast JLFW's blood loss.

YG by himself would have lost to JLFW.

However XLN vs YG is more complicated. For a start YG is well versed in XLN's technique. Also JLFW can afford to lose a few wheels, but XLN must have those two swords intact (however she can pick swords up from the ground). The mindset of YG and JLFW is probably different. JLFW went in the fight thinking holy crap she is performing a technique i have yet to counter and she just bypassed the 3 other hired fighters.

If XLN can keep her weapon from touching YG's with her superior speed, I think XLN can take it out.

Otherwise, she could call out Guo Er, when she gets injured and YG would probably drop the HIS on his feet.

Even with Dugu Qiubai's kung fu, without the snake gall bladders, I don't think Yang Guo would have reached Greats level by the end of ROCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    I think Little Dragon Girl actually did better than Yeung Gor did against the Golden Wheel Monk.

Little Dragon Girl was able to take on the Golden Wheel Monk, Wan Hak Sai, Siu Seung Tze, and Lui Mor Singh singlehandedly (something even Gwok Jing wasn't able to do), and she actually succeeded in injuring the Golden Wheel Monk (granted, it was a minor flesh wound, but stilll...)
    I thought Guo Jing was doing that pretty well despite the fact that he was distracted having to keep an eye out for Yang Guo... and he only got injured trying to save Yang Guo.

XLN dazzled everyone with the amazing speed of her swords but towards the end Golden Wheel Monk and his gang rendered her pretty helpless simply by rapidly moving their weapons to shield themselves from her attacks and gradually closing in on her as a circle.

In the case of YG vs XLN, if YG manages to snap one of XLN's swords with his massive internal strength that would pretty much end the duel wouldn't it?

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

Exclamation

Yg wasn't losing to JLFW. when they were matching inner power, it was a draw up to the moment XLN pulled out a jade bee needle. combating inner power could have taken up to half a day before a winner was found. if YG anticipates XLN's movement's, he can let her hit his heavy sword and break her own swords. but YG never fought against the maiden purity swordplay. he was always part of it. and XLN's speed doubled so if she avoids direct hits, she could eventually beat him. their lightskill will come into effect and XLN's lightskill is one level above his, even after the snake ballders.
    POINT: YG couldn't move when he fought JLFW because of XLN's injuries, if he could move, he may have defeated JLFW by himself. also G thought that if the mongolian experts attacked him together, he would have lost. XLN was holding her own, untill the QZ 'five' elders joined in, and nine experts were fighting her and she decided to give up.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword
    Yg wasn't losing to JLFW. when they were matching inner power, it was a draw up to the moment XLN pulled out a jade bee needle.
    The way I understand it, Yeung Gor put up an impressive showing, but by the time that Little Dragon Girl drew the Jade Bee Needle, the tide had begun turning against Yeung Gor (which was why the needle was necessary in the first place).

In the battle of Chung Yeung Temple, Golden Wheel Monk was cheating to force YG into an inner energy battle. YG was holding onto XLN at the time. That was why Golden Wheel Monk was able to force YG into an inner energy battle. The Golden Wheel Monk force YG into an inner energy battle because he was afraid of the Heavy Sword. The Heavy Sword give YG an advantage in battle. This is show through YG fight against the iron palm. In that battle, YG was slowly gaining the advantage because his Heavy Sword was superior to the iron palm. Golden Wheel Monk fought an innner energy battle to take away YG's Heavy Sword advantage. If YG wasn't holding onto XLN, Golden Wheel Monk wouldn't be able to fight inner energy with YG, and the battle between them would be very diifferent. What I'm trying to say is YG with the Heavy Sword has a very good chance to beating the Golden Wheel Monk outright without having XLN cheats. The Heavy Sword is really underrated; it is the best weapon of the time.

ken, YG was more impressive actually in the battles that took place there. YG defeated most of the mongolian warriors with just one move. GWM would have lost to YG if YG was free to move around instead of having to hold on to SLN while fighting GWM. Think about it, YG defeated them by standing still.

To answer your question: Who would win between YG and SLN? My Gu Gu of course, I will never hurt her.

Techique wise, YG had already passed GWM at that point. With the heavy sword, I don't see how GWM could've defeated YG without going into an inner power contest. If Kau Cheen Yan had trouble with the sword, I don't see how GWM could've cope with it (at that point, I consdier Kau Cheen Yan to be a superior fighter than GWM).
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

YG would of had won imo, he not only had the HIS but also increased his internal by this point. XLN might be fast but YG knows that she doesn't have much internal energy. He knew her sword moves, he knew her weakness.

But my Guo'er said he would never hurt me, so forget everything that I wrote above... I win.

If he gets to use the HIS he wins. That weapon is simply a huge factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    The way I understand it, Yeung Gor put up an impressive showing, but by the time that Little Dragon Girl drew the Jade Bee Needle, the tide had begun turning against Yeung Gor (which was why the needle was necessary in the first place).
    Although i agree with you that GLFW was gainign the upper-hand as the novel said I don't agre with you that YG would lose to GLFW in a real fight.

"
    In just a short while, three out of five of Fawang’s wheels were destroyed. Still he was not discouraged, brandishing his gold and steel wheels around without fear. Yang Guo stretched out his sword while Fawang sidestepped to evade Yang Guo’s sword strikes. This time he didn’t throw out his wheels. Even though he wouldn’t be able to attack from afar, this was actually more powerful. When he saw Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu together, attacking on the left side and resisting on the right side, he jumped up high in the air and bore down with both wheels, sending out the Wu-Wu humming sound. Yang Guo’s black iron sword did appear quite dull but no matter how Fawang changed his moves, he couldn’t get within two or three steps of the couple. Forty or fifty moves passed, both Fawang’s wheels returned again and were about to pound into Xiao Longnu. Yang Guo thrust out the black iron sword, and the soft clattering sound was heard as the two weapons met. Both Yang Guo and Fawang sent out their internal forces to their weapons. Both refused to budge and were now motionless in a deadlock situation.
    Yang Guo could feel that the opponent’s continuing waves of energy growing stronger and stronger, he was secretly alarmed: “This person’s internal energy is surprisingly high.” He also thought: “We’re already matching internal forces and the full power of the black iron sword can’t be lashed out. If this battle of internal forces goes on for a long time, the one with more profound energy would have the upper hand. If he moves his body forward further, I’ll use the sleeve to strike him by surprise.” As a result, his left arm was slowly pulled back. The two people were originally five feet or so apart. The distance was gradually reduced to five feet and then four and a half, from four and a half to four feet."

GLFW was clearly unable to unleash his wheels for rangeattacks because of the HIS so he had to melee/internal energy fights.. if YG could move this wouldn't happen and he would be able to capitalize on GLFW's need to melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor View Post
    To answer your question: Who would win between YG and SLN? My Gu Gu of course, I will never hurt her.
    Didn't anyone see what YG personally said?! So stop arguing who will win!

Seriously though, I believe that if they were to fight, YG should have the advantage due to immense internal energy compared to XLN but the only thing he has to watch out for is her speed.

So, I think that YG has a higher chance to win overall.

Wink Don't worry~

I konw Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl will be safe from the battle, and then they are going to run away from there.

In the end of the fiction, they could meet and stay together!

How romantic a story! They will withdraw from society and live in obscurity, and have happiness lives!

I love them very much.

The couple go through too many difficulties and battles.

In conclusion, they should have their own happy lives.

Don't you think so?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Even with Dugu Qiubai's kung fu, without the snake gall bladders, I don't think Yang Guo would have reached Greats level by the end of ROCH.
    YG couldn't learn DGQB's kung fu with the gallbladders.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonace View Post
    I konw Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl will be safe from the battle, and then they are going to run away from there.

In the end of the fiction, they could meet and stay together!

How romantic a story! They will withdraw from society and live in obscurity, and have happiness lives!

I love them very much.

The couple go through too many difficulties and battles.

In conclusion, they should have their own happy lives.

Don't you think so?
    This post makes me all kinds of queasy.

Default Yang Guo versus Xiao Longnu

Heavy Iron Sword versus Quan Zhen Jian Fa+Yu Nu Jian Fa+L/R technique.