Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Heath Ledger Dead

I was really shocked and saddened to see the news announcement when I got home yesterday. I was just in SoHo about two hours before his body was found. I didn't even know he lived there though.

Cops say a rolled up 20 dollar bill was found next to his body, but no illegal drug were found on the premises. Preliminary autopsy results are inconclusive.

Neighbors all say he was a nice down to earth normal guy. He's definitely not a party animal or stuck up me me me type of star.
    This account is retired.

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

It is really sad to hear of his death. He was a really good actor, it's a great lost.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

dunno read much about his private life though i find him good in "brokeback"... still, am kinda shock especially after reading that brad renfro died only just a week ago. gone are 2 talented artistes. still, unless autopsy says something, let's not just be too quick to decide that drug kill him.

noooo!!!!!!!! why!?! i don't think he committed suicide. but still, this is too sad for me. he was such a handsome actor and very talented. i love most of his movies. come back!!!

btw, people, please stop making fun of his death!! doesn't matter how he died, you should show the dead some respect. that's the basic thing a human being can do.
    Currently watching:

• We got married
    • Moonlight Resonance
    • and many more...

"LEARN FROM YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY, HOPE FOR TOMORROW."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080124/...v86EjfZbOs0NUE

Looks like an accidental.

First call after Ledger was found: Olsen

By TOM HAYS, Associated Press Writer
    Wed Jan 23, 9:16 PM ET

NEW YORK - A massage therapist who discovered a lifeless Heath Ledger in his Manhattan apartment made her first call to Mary-Kate Olsen, according to an in-depth timeline police released Wednesday of the moments surrounding the Australian-born actor's death.

ADVERTISEMENT

Police said Ledger probably died sometime between 1 p.m. and 2:45 p.m. on Tuesday of what authorities say may be an accidental drug overdose.

Authorities found six types of prescription drugs in Ledger's apartment, including pills to treat insomnia and anxiety, according to two law enforcement officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing. Three of the drugs were prescribed in Europe, where Ledger had been filming recently.

Ledger's housekeeper, Teresa Solomon, arrived at his apartment with her own key and let herself in. At 1 p.m., she went to his bedroom to change a light bulb, and saw Ledger sleeping and heard him snoring. She left the room without thinking anything was wrong.

At 2:45 p.m., massage therapist Diana Wolozin showed up for her appointment with Ledger, who didn't answer when she knocked on his door. She then tried to call him on his cell phone, but again got no response. She went into the bedroom, set up her massage table and again tried to wake Ledger.

Wolozin told police that Ledger was cold to the touch, but that she assumed he was just unconscious. She grabbed his cell phone and called Mary Kate Olsen, whose number was programmed into the phone. Wolozin knew that the "Full House" star and Ledger were friends, and she asked Olsen for advice on what she should do next.

Olsen, who also lives in Manhattan but was in California at the time, responded by saying she would send over her private security guards to help deal with the situation. In the ensuing moments, Wolozin realized that Ledger might be dead. She called Olsen again, then called 911.

The emergency operator provided Wolozin directions on how to do CPR, but it was too late.

Paramedics arrived minutes later — at about the same time as Olsen's security guards.

Messages left at telephone numbers listed for Wolozin and Solomon were not returned Wednesday.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

This woman is so crazy.

http://www.mytalk.com.au/aspx/pages/...t=audio&w=6207
    http://media.smh.com.au/?category=Br...News&rid=34892

P.S. Not all christians are like that. This is only a woman from the Westboro Baptist Church who was infamous for picketing dead soldiers' funeral. So, don't start the christian bashing.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-24-08 at 04:34 AM.

I like how the maid called Olsen to ask what to do who probably told her to call an ambulance.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    OMG, and you put your location as australia?

actually, like exodus said, i think it's particularly shocking because it's heath ledger
    Never watched Brokeback Mountain, never watched Batman; can't expect more.
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

Quote Originally Posted by dingdonginheaven View Post
    dunno read much about his private life though i find him good in "brokeback"... still, am kinda shock especially after reading that brad renfro died only just a week ago. gone are 2 talented artistes. still, unless autopsy says something, let's not just be too quick to decide that drug kill him.
    Exactly...most people seems to think he died because he had a drug problem. I don't think its conclusive to say that just becasue he was found dead with sleeping pills nearby.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by girllikeme View Post
    never watched Batman; can't expect more.
    LOL, are you for real, no one have watch a release version (final cut) of Heath Ledger Batman (The Dark Knight) it is only out July 2008 and now still in post production. Heath Ledger is AUSTRALIAN!

He is the Joker in this movie.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.batman-movie-buzz.com/uploads/uploadForumPhotos/medium_Batman%20-%20The%20Joker-d3xjfbwm.jpg')

I first watch him in 10 Things I Hate About You. Which is a good movie.

My other favorite Heath Ledger movies:

- The Patriot with Mel Gibson
    - Knights Tale or (Spaghetti Fight )
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 01-24-08 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    This woman is so crazy.

http://media.smh.com.au/?category=Br...News&rid=34892

P.S. Not all christians are like that. This is only a woman from the Westboro Baptist Church who was infamous for picketing dead soldiers' funeral. So, don't start the christian bashing.

These are the people who truly will dwell in inferno when they kick the bucket.

Why him? It should have been EDISON CHEN.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Rest in peace Heath, I enjoyed watching you in "A Knight's Tale". I hope this would remind everybody not just celebrities to take care of themselves and that health should always be top priority. R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien View Post
    That's right!!

The good ones are often the ones who suffer more, I guess.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

More interviews (his friends talking about him)

The woman who discovered him
    http://www.mytalk.com.au/aspx/pages/...t=audio&w=6152

How he handled paparazzi
    http://www.mytalk.com.au/aspx/pages/...t=audio&w=6171

Like flyingfox said, he seems like a down to earth guy (unlike what oGaKirA assumed him). Not one who lived on the edge.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-24-08 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien View Post
    Why? What has Edison Chen done?

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    More interviews (his friends talking about him)

The woman who discovered him
    http://www.mytalk.com.au/aspx/pages/...t=audio&w=6152

How he handled paparazzi
    http://www.mytalk.com.au/aspx/pages/...t=audio&w=6171

Like flyingfox said, he seems like a down to earth guy (unlike what oGaKirA assumed him). Not one who lived on the edge.
    Sure. Like I assumed he was not a down to earth guy???? REread my posts. I never meant to disrespect the man in life but if it was a suicide then he took the selfish way out.

let's see here, if I took 6 different pills and above the recommended then "Chances are Im going to fookin die!!!"

Now I dont wish to argue with you anymore so stop bringing my name up!
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Continuation of the Westboro lunatic. I can believe the woman is an attorney. But she was surprising gracious at the end of the interview. What a contrast.

Greg Cary talks to Attorney and Member of the Westboro Baptist Church Shirley Phelps.
    http://www.mytalk.com.au/aspx/pages/...t=audio&w=6241

Baptist Church lay person Shirley Phelps-Roper and her views on Heath Ledger's death.

The 2nd clip is the pervious interview I posted. Just want to group them together.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-25-08 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    Sure. Like I assumed he was not a down to earth guy???? REread my posts. I never meant to disrespect the man in life but if it was a suicide then he took the selfish way out.

let's see here, if I took 6 different pills and above the recommended then "Chances are Im going to fookin die!!!"

Now I dont wish to argue with you anymore so stop bringing my name up!
    Yeap, you meant no disrespect. You never assume he's not down to earth. Point taken. I won't bring your name up anymore. This is the last time.

oh well....that's the only way to go...either butt drunk or high!
    Quote Originally Posted by u4ria View Post
    i think the question on everyone's mind is - was it suicide by drug overdose?
    Both. cuz the results are the same.
    Why is it sad? The end justifies the mean. With all his fame and fortune, he chose to do drugs/overdose. Great!
    Oh ok. May he rest in peace. Actually I don't know the guy. But let the truth be known, "more then likely he caused his own death."

I would be more then happy to lived the life he did then die the way he died. So to each his own. party like a rockstar.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-24-08 at 10:56 PM.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    When I read this on Wikipedia I thought it was lying.

SLD:KJSL:KGJ@)#(*TLKKSJDG:LKJA238509235;aksj098305 8120325l;jaksdg82035j;lbzxblkjlkajg0293850923i;lka sjgkl;sj09281zlkl;ksk;gkj0[92utajg;lksja;glkjdh!!!!

WHAT THE ****

I don't care if he committed suicide. I'm wearing black for a week. And I will love him forever. Yes, I need to grow up. But Heath was my first love...

And a two-year-old daughter too...
    Sorry dear...

May he rest in peace!