Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Heath Ledger Dead

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    It may be another convenient excuse to hate the religion. Then again, hate the people, not the religion. You'll always have a better view with less hatred.
    But don't the people represent the religion? All I was trying to say was that it's difficult not to have any constant conflicting thoughts about it when people like the ones mentioned by KIDD exist. This isn't an attack on you either, because I happen to respect you enough not like the crazy woman in the interview posted by kidd, to wish anything bad on you. When I heard that interview, my stomach was churning and I felt like vomiting. Seriously, I thought people moved on and times have changed, but when you've got people like her 'breeding' the next generation to possess the same values she carries, there's a part of me that just says, "That's not right..."

I remember one time when I was younger, and still in primary school, one of my english teachers told me that she believed anyone who isn't Christian, would go to hell (which meant I was going to hell). That left a big scar on me because I had a lot of respect for Christians and my personal belief was that they were good people.

Worse still for Heath though, it looks like that Church isn't going to back down. I'm hoping anyone who lives in the area will fend them off from disturbing his family's grief during the funeral service.
    Last edited by Sourplum; 01-25-08 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourplum View Post
    But don't the people represent the religion? All I was trying to say was that it's difficult not to have any constant conflicting thoughts about it when people like the ones mentioned by KIDD exist. This isn't an attack on you either, because I happen to respect you enough not like the crazy woman in the interview posted by kidd, to wish anything bad on you. When I heard that interview, my stomach was churning and I felt like vomiting. Seriously, I thought people moved on and times have changed, but when you've got people like her 'breeding' the next generation to possess the same values she carries, there's a part of me that just says, "That's not right..."

I remember one time when I was younger, and still in primary school, one of my english teachers told me that she believed anyone who isn't Christian, would go to hell (which meant I was going to hell). That left a big scar on me because I had a lot of respect for Christians and my personal belief was that they were good people.

Worse still for Heath though, it looks like that Church isn't going to back down. I'm hoping anyone who lives in the area will fend them off from disturbing his family's grief during the funeral service.
    Lets just say you hate the way some people interpret religions and their scriptures. You can't condemn the majority through the actions of the minority.
    내가 황제라면, 모든 단어에 의미를 부여하기 위해 사전을 만드는 일 부터 시작할 것이다.

AkA: strife_au in the old mythic golden era of SPCNET pre-2007... Pioneer and architect of chaos... The legend lives.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Why? What has Edison Chen done?
    Nothing worthwhile...that's the point. He has done nothing that really requires his presence. So he can really disappear....but lately, haven't heard much about him, so I don't mind him as much. It's the ones who are in my face that I hate.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    This woman is so crazy.

http://www.mytalk.com.au/aspx/pages/...t=audio&w=6207
    http://media.smh.com.au/?category=Br...News&rid=34892

P.S. Not all christians are like that. This is only a woman from the Westboro Baptist Church who was infamous for picketing dead soldiers' funeral. So, don't start the christian bashing.
    Yeah she is one wacko fanático!

Yepp, no christian bashing, please. Thank you!

1. But don't the people represent the religion? All I was trying to say was that it's difficult not to have any constant conflicting thoughts about it when people like the ones mentioned by KIDD exist. 2. This isn't an attack on you either, because I happen to respect you enough not like the crazy woman in the interview posted by kidd, to wish anything bad on you. When I heard that interview, my stomach was churning and I felt like vomiting.

I remember one time when I was younger, and still in primary school, one of 3. my english teachers told me that she believed anyone who isn't Christian, would go to hell (which meant I was going to hell). That left a big scar on me because I had a lot of respect for Christians and my personal belief was that they were good people.
    1. Nope. We are people, and not enlighten hence tend to be corrupted or do things overboard, plus we have our own frame of mind. We make mistakes but it has got nothing to do the religion's teaching or guidence. Anyone who reads the bible could interpret the words differently. Hence, they do something that they assume it's right (which may be not).

Let's take this example: a father bring up 5 children and they grow up, have their own frame of mind and tend to "outsmart" their father in good or bad ways. He, is known as Almighty, he is trying to give us the good while Devil on other hand is challenging and working hard to "win" us over.

In this world, there are two things that drives people to the limit; one is faith and the other is hatred. Being a good christian takes alot of practice and faith. If it would be that easy, earth would have been another heaven.

2. Thank you. She may be christian (not sure if its a practising one) in name but...I don't know about her mind LMAO. I wouldn't acknowledge myself as a good/faithful christian since I'm so far from being one. And, I'm so obsessed with astrology....I'm probably going to hell

3. I do understand that at times, people hate or resist something for good reasons. I believe there must be a bad experience before that makes the individual respond as such. Just like, Life has a purpose, there's always a reason behind every event that happens.

Now, your english teacher....she'd join Osama.

Cristal Entity made a good point too.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by yearning View Post
    Nothing worthwhile...that's the point. He has done nothing that really requires his presence. So he can really disappear....but lately, haven't heard much about him, so I don't mind him as much. It's the ones who are in my face that I hate.
    Then wouldn’t that be a whole lot of people that deserve death? I think 90% of young celebrities fit into your category

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Yeah she is one wacko fanático!

Yepp, no christian bashing, please. Thank you!

1. Nope. We are people, and not enlighten hence tend to be corrupted or do things overboard, plus we have our own frame of mind. We make mistakes but it has got nothing to do the religion's teaching or guidence. Anyone who reads the bible could interpret the words differently. Hence, they do something that they assume it's right (which may be not).

Let's take this example: a father bring up 5 children and they grow up, have their own frame of mind and tend to "outsmart" their father in good or bad ways. He, is known as Almighty, he is trying to give us the good while Devil on other hand is challenging and working hard to "win" us over.

In this world, there are two things that drives people to the limit; one is faith and the other is hatred. Being a good christian takes alot of practice and faith. If it would be that easy, earth would have been another heaven.

2. Thank you. She may be christian (not sure if its a practising one) in name but...I don't know about her mind LMAO. I wouldn't acknowledge myself as a good/faithful christian since I'm so far from being one. And, I'm so obsessed with astrology....I'm probably going to hell

3. I do understand that at times, people hate or resist something for good reasons. I believe there must be a bad experience before that makes the individual respond as such. Just like, Life has a purpose, there's always a reason behind every event that happens.

Now, your english teacher....she'd join Osama.

Cristal Entity made a good point too.
    The thing is, if Christians don't want to be lumped in with the fanatics, someone from the faith must step forward and strongly condemn fanatics who say despicable things about other people. I really have never seen any such counterattack on the fanatics. The best that I have seen is passive dismissals from Christians saying things to the effect that so and so do not represent us. That to me is hardly a strong disagreement.

(Of course, I realize that there may very well have been more liberal Christians condemning fanatic Christians, but I just haven't happened to have seen any, that's all)

Unfortunately, I also realize that if any brave Christian spoke up in support of equal rights for all people, he/she may bring the wrath of the Church upon him/herself.

----------

The way the media has been describing his last hours, it really doesn't sound like a suicide unless the details are inaccurate. If someone is gonna kill himself, I really don't think he would sleep until past noon, wake up, and then say oh I've had it and pop a bunch of pills.
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002 View Post
    The thing is, if Christians don't want to be lumped in with the fanatics, someone from the faith must step forward and strongly condemn fanatics who say despicable things about other people. I really have never seen any such counterattack on the fanatics. The best that I have seen is passive dismissals from Christians saying things to the effect that so and so do not represent us. That to me is hardly a strong disagreement.

(Of course, I realize that there may very well have been more liberal Christians condemning fanatic Christians, but I just haven't happened to have seen any, that's all)

Unfortunately, I also realize that if any brave Christian spoke up in support of equal rights for all people, he/she may bring the wrath of the Church upon him/herself.
    Im a christian. There is a line between the sane and the insane. If it were up to me I'd be beating down them fanatics with a baseball bat. I could care less about the wrath of the church. You rather that happen or just let the authorities take care of it?

One of the biggest religion is Christianity. with ~90% of US.
    So before you place blame on Christians for not speaking up, at the same token, give credit to christians for propelling Heath to stardome.(christian fans, audience) Heath was prolly a christian. Heath's parents were prolly christians.
    Last edited by oGaKirA; 01-25-08 at 05:13 PM.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    Im a christian. There is a line between the sane and the insane. If it were up to me I'd be beating down them fanatics with a baseball bat. I could care less about the wrath of the church. You rather that happen or just let the authorities take care of it?

So before you place blame on Christians for not speaking up, at the same token, give credit to christians for propelling Heath to stardome.(christian fans, audience) Heath was prolly a christian. Heath's parents were prolly christians.
    Yeay, Go OGakira!You tell'em! I'm glad you come into serious post too than only hitting into girls on spcnet :P (j/k ok?) Haha

And flyingfox, sometimes, its not to do that rambo act. Especially being a christian. There's alot we need to face. And yeah, there's not rambo among the believers.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post

What about the other 10%? Are they discredited? The only people who propelled Heath to 'stardom' were his supporters and fans, regardless of what religious background they have. So, If Heath wasn't a Christian, would that mean he wouldn't have as many fans? (I've been upset these past few days, so you can have a go at me, whatever. You don't know how many times I hit the 'edit' button)
    Last edited by Sourplum; 01-26-08 at 01:19 AM.

What about the other 10%? Are they discredited? The only people who propelled Heath to 'stardom' were his supporters and fans, regardless of what religious background they have. So, If Heath wasn't a Christian, would that mean he wouldn't have as many fans? (I've been upset these past few days, so you can have a go at me, whatever. You don't know how many times I hit the 'edit' button)
    hmmm...i think you missed the whole point here by a mile. It don't matter if Heath was a christian or not. I just threw that in.

In response to flyingfox saying christian should be blamed for not stepping up........Given christians are the large majority...it would only be fare to also blame christians for the goods. And believe me, the goods out weigh the bads.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

News about Heath Ledger's death is everywhere nowadays, and it just makes me want to slow down my pace and reflects on life a little bit, as death doesn’t discriminate and no one is guaranteed exemption from tragedy of any circumstance, at any given time. It is unfortunate that it usually takes a tragedy to remind us of what truly is important and to appreciate the things that we have, but may perhaps take for granted on a daily basic.

Most everyone here can agree that his death is a tragedy, not necessary because of how he died, but because of how young he was. His demise came as a shock to everyone, even those closest to him. My heart really goes out to his family, so to hear the woman in the interview speaks trash about a dead person, and using Christ’s teachings as the premise of her hate is shamefully despicable. I couldn’t stomach to listen to the whole interview because my blood pressure started rising rapidly when she mentioned that everything she’s saying and feeling is in according to the teachings of Christianity.

No religion is perfect, including Christianity. But I do believe that the core values and fundamental principles are similar among all religions. Though, it is unfortunate that some people choose to concentrate more on the differences and use that as ammunition for hate then to concentrate on the common goodness that we all share as human being.

she's a devil herself. she just uses her religion to cover up her hatred. i am a catholic. although i'm not good at the bible, i do know the difference between bad and good. and most importantly, i don't purposely interpret Christ's words into my own way of thinking (the wrong way). also, we believe in Jesus is for our own good not for others.
    overall, she just wanted attention, the end. and whoever believes that all Christians are like her, then they should learn how to think first before they do anything else.
    Currently watching:

• We got married
    • Moonlight Resonance
    • and many more...

"LEARN FROM YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY, HOPE FOR TOMORROW."

I would pity Heath died...because I just saw the update on his death. According to someone close to him, he missed his daughter very badly, the family life he had (his own family in Australia, the kinship) and he suffered from depression (due to missing his daughter), loss of sleep due to his busy work schedule. With that amount of stress and pressure, I think he took the drugs that supposed to help/hold him but I guess his time is up. It's indeed a sad thing because it doesn't seem as though he had the idea of toying with his life. Rest in peace, Health.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 01-27-08 at 04:34 AM.

Several corrections:

1-The US population is about 78% christian. Not 90%. Doesn't affect the fact that the US is mostly christian, but should get the number right.

2-Nowhere did I suggest Christians should do a "rambo act" on fanatics. Speaking up sternly is not a "rambo act."

3-I did not blame all Christians for what the woman or other fanatics said. I said if Christians don't want to be lumped in with the fanatics, they should speak up.

Reread my original post if you don't believe me.
    This account is retired.

Whatever she is, I think she lost herself in being Christian because she obviously didn't understand what it is to be be a real Christian. People like that, why do we need to bother correct them?
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

just a few days ago, these boston radio djs made fun of her. they pretended they were some christian radio station and let her go about her crazy ranting about how heath ledger burns in hell for being in brokeback mountain. they they went to a "commercial break" for a gay bar called swinging dicks. when they came back and she was really upset, they said, sorry, we have no control over the commercials we have to play. and then she said some more dumb things. and they went to another "commercial break" and instead of playing a commercial for her, they let her "accidentally" listen to what their conversation...about ramming a guy named leroy.

ahhh, so funny.....but....i don't think i'm describing it very well. let me see if i can find the sound clip for you guys.

3rd podcast on the left....praise 108 FM
    nytimes: Every hr you have 10 minutes where you’re not doing anything productive at work, & you can’t look at porn. So you make a comment & fulfill this desire to show yourself off as a smarty-pants.

in contrast, joel mchale from the soup said something very nice about heath ledger.

the soup
    nytimes: Every hr you have 10 minutes where you’re not doing anything productive at work, & you can’t look at porn. So you make a comment & fulfill this desire to show yourself off as a smarty-pants.

ah, thanks for posting the link to the soup, pemberly. actually made me teary eyed. a few seconds of kind words, but done in a very classy and tasteful manner.

btw, did that woman go on a rant about Ang Lee too since he directed the movie?
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    btw, did that woman go on a rant about Ang Lee too since he directed the movie?
    I think she was just taking advantage of the dead. If the one who died was Ang Lee or Jake Gyllenhaal, she will be ranting about them.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩