Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 106

Thread: Heath Ledger Dead

  1. #81
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    Good point, maybe she'll do that too.
    Does anybody know what's her name? Who is she that we talking about?
    She's Shirley Phelps, a member of the Westboro Baptist Church. The church is notorious for picketing at people's funerals to make a statement.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-28-08 at 09:10 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  2. #82
    Senior Member Guo Xiang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The bubblehead
    Posts
    8,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    Oh thanks, kidd.
    What's kind a church is that?!

    What a crazy woman!
    Phelps? Is she related to Fred Phelps? If so, that might explain her attitude.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

  3. #83
    Senior Member pemberly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    pimptown, USA
    Posts
    4,308

    Default

    well, it's not just that one crazy woman; it's the whole crazy church.
    nytimes: Every hr you have 10 minutes where youíre not doing anything productive at work, & you canít look at porn. So you make a comment & fulfill this desire to show yourself off as a smarty-pants.

  4. #84
    Senior Member tweety365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    3,478

    Default

    I'm tempted to go picket their church and tell them to go get a life. But I have better things to do than waste my time on them. Seriously, a bunch of deranged peeps out there

  5. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,375

    Default Autopsy results finally here!

    Not that anything can bring Heath back, but since the medical examination results are out...

    "Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine," medical examiner's spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said in a statement.

    According to the medical examiner's office, Ledger took "prescribed therapeutic doses ... or less" of each medication he ingested. However, the medications were not meant to be taken together. The cumulative effect was that the actor's brain stem function that controls breathing was impaired and Ledger "fell asleep and never woke up."
    http://www.abcnews.go.com/Entertainm...4240260&page=1

    In the words of Regina Spektor, "And it breaks my h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-heart."

    But I'm almost...relieved (I know that's not a word I can ever use to describe my feelings about Heath's death, but yeah) that he wasn't a druggie or he didn't commit suicide or whatever. And really he didn't overdose on a single drug. Heath wouldn't disappoint me by being as irresponsible as that. I'm surprised that doctors wouldn't have warned him if they knew he had all the prescription drugs at once.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

  6. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    323

    Default

    The report doesn't rule out suicide either. Who is not to say Ledger didn't intentionally take all those prescribed drugs as a suicide act?

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    It's logically impossible to prove a negative, so the better question is what evidence shows that he did commit suicide? Anyway, as with all things it's possible but pretty unreasonable with the information we've been given. Unless there was some label that warned him consuming "oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine" at the same time would be fatal, how would he know what six drugs to take? And why would he go through that trouble when he could commit suicide through much simpler means? Plus it couldn't have been very well-known of a fact that these drugs counterreacted because otherwise shouldn't the examiners have speculated this earlier when they noticed the drugs in his apartment? Many people who knew Heath personally said he Heath wasn't the type to commit suicide. The credibility of these reports is questionable, but no one else really has firsthand information to draw a different conclusion.

    No matter what I'm maintaining that it was an accident. I'm an idol worshipper in this case, and I might as well keep that pristine image of Heath in my mind.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

  8. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Many people who knew Heath personally said he Heath wasn't the type to commit suicide.
    Of course. People who knew Kurt Corbain and Michael Hutchence said the same thing

    I'm an idol worshipper in this case, and I might as well keep that pristine image of Heath in my mind.
    You worship from afar, how do you know his image was pristine?

    I used to think Gillian Chung is pure and innocent

  9. #89
    Senior Member GuGu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    YunJae Heaven
    Posts
    5,161

    Default

    'combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine'
    Sorry Sparky, I don't think anyone is stupid enough to take that many kind of medicine just to get some sleep. Well, unless he didn't want to wake up from his nap. I'm with U4ria on this one.

  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    Sorry Sparky, I don't think anyone is stupid enough to take that many kind of medicine just to get some sleep. Well, unless he didn't want to wake up from his nap. I'm with U4ria on this one.
    Besides the fact that you are biased because you miss P guy, you seem to forget that as humans we're inclined to be stupid sometimes. Heath mentioned not being able to catch more than an hour of sleep off sleeping pills, so it's certainly plausible that he would try multiple prescription drugs in order to cure his insomnia. Why do people not wear seat belts or drink and drive when their lives are at stake? We don't always utilize the best judgment, and sadly in cases it could be fatal. Also if the pills were all prescribed to him, he would've felt less hesitation to take them. Nothing in the situation leads to a suicide conclusion.

    u4ria, you can't compare Kurt Cobain and Michael Hutchence with Heath Ledger. The circumstances surrounding their deaths were very different, as well as the reaction of their relatives. Besides, how many parents who love their children go out and kill themselves? Really.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

  11. #91
    Senior Member GuGu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    YunJae Heaven
    Posts
    5,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Besides the fact that you are biased because you miss P guy, you seem to forget that as humans we're inclined to be stupid sometimes. Heath mentioned not being able to catch more than an hour of sleep off sleeping pills, so it's certainly plausible that he would try multiple prescription drugs in order to cure his insomnia. Why do people not wear seat belts or drink and drive when their lives are at stake? We don't always utilize the best judgment, and sadly in cases it could be fatal. Also if the pills were all prescribed to him, he would've felt less hesitation to take them. Nothing in the situation leads to a suicide conclusion.
    Actually I don't miss P guy that much. I think I've found a replacement.
    Anyways, one can be stupid at times, but to take THAT MANY PILLS AT ONCE?
    My brother is mentally retarded but he knows not to take that many pills at once.
    All those meds were prescribed to him, but I'm sure the docs told him not to take all of them together.

  12. #92
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.
    Posts
    2,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Besides the fact that you are biased because you miss P guy, you seem to forget that as humans we're inclined to be stupid sometimes. Heath mentioned not being able to catch more than an hour of sleep off sleeping pills, so it's certainly plausible that he would try multiple prescription drugs in order to cure his insomnia. Why do people not wear seat belts or drink and drive when their lives are at stake? We don't always utilize the best judgment, and sadly in cases it could be fatal. Also if the pills were all prescribed to him, he would've felt less hesitation to take them. Nothing in the situation leads to a suicide conclusion.

    u4ria, you can't compare Kurt Cobain and Michael Hutchence with Heath Ledger. The circumstances surrounding their deaths were very different, as well as the reaction of their relatives. Besides, how many parents who love their children go out and kill themselves? Really.
    I concur! I was about to write something similar, but then you've beat me to it. Heath's career was on the rise and his daughter, Maltilda was his world. He doesn't strike me as someone who's so irresponsible to leave behind a tainted legacy for his daughter by committing suicide.

  13. #93
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Also if the pills were all prescribed to him, he would've felt less hesitation to take them. Nothing in the situation leads to a suicide conclusion.
    It's heart felt and honourable defending your idol. But don't be blind to the possibility of suicide. The fact the pills were all prescribed should make it more dangerous and he should have adhere to the recommended dosage!!!

    Heath Ledger would have had a better chance of surviving a game of Russian roulette than the cocktail of pills he consumed before his death, according to a US drug expert. (http://www.smh.com.au/news/film/heat...234020591.html)

    Besides, how many parents who love their children go out and kill themselves? Really.
    Michael Hutchence left a daughter behind when he died. Did he think of Tigerlily when he decided to hang himself?

    ZWJ parents committed suicide - did they think of ZWJ? People who commit suicide are selfish.

  14. #94
    Senior Member GuGu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    YunJae Heaven
    Posts
    5,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    I concur! I was about to write something similar, but then you've beat me to it. Heath's career was on the rise and his daughter, Maltilda was his world. He doesn't strike me as someone who's so irresponsible to leave behind a tainted legacy for his daughter by committing suicide.
    Bell, I would normally agree with whatever Sparky believes, but taking those pills...? Far beyond stupid.

  15. #95
    Senior Member GuGu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    YunJae Heaven
    Posts
    5,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by u4ria View Post

    ZWJ parents committed suicide - did they think of ZWJ? People who commit suicide are selfish.

    *SLAP*
    *SLAP*
    *SLAP*
    Back to reality.

  16. #96
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.
    Posts
    2,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    Bell, I would normally agree with whatever Sparky believes, but taking those pills...? Far beyond stupid.
    I agree with you too! But being "stupid" and being "suicidal" is two very different thing, my dear.

  17. #97
    Senior Member convoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by u4ria View Post
    It's heart felt and honourable defending your idol. But don't be blind to the possibility of suicide. The fact the pills were all prescribed should make it more dangerous and he should have adhere to the recommended dosage!!!
    Is it reported that he did not adhere to the recommended dosage?
    All the reports I read said that none of the medication he took was in excess. The thing that killed him was just the combination of drugs he took.

    Anyway, according to the CNN report, the drugs found in his body are:

    • Oxycodone -- narcotic/pain killer; trade names: OxyContin, Percodan
    • Hydrocodone -- narcotic/pain killer; trade name (combined with acetaminophen): Vicodin
    • Diazepam -- anti-anxiety drug; trade name: Valium
    • Alprazolam -- anti-anxiety drug; trade name: Xanax
    • Doxylamine -- sleep medication; trade name: Unisom
    • Temazepam -- sleep medication; trade name: Restoril

  18. #98
    Senior Member GuGu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    YunJae Heaven
    Posts
    5,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    I agree with you too! But being "stupid" and being "suicidal" is two very different thing, my dear.
    I'm not trying to say stupid.
    I'm trying to say that he's suicidal.
    Argh, I'm confusing myself.

    I'm saying he's not stupid cause he wouldn't take those many pills together. He must of had done it purposely. Stop confusing me!

  19. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.
    Posts
    2,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    I'm not trying to say stupid.
    I'm trying to say that he's suicidal.
    Argh, I'm confusing myself.

    I'm saying he's not stupid cause he wouldn't take those many pills together. He must of had done it purposely. Stop confusing me!
    No one really knows his state of mind to convincingly conclude that he was suicidal. Though, one thing the public knows for certain, because he has mentioned this in numerous interviews is that he was suffering from insomnia. Didn’t you used to suffer from sleeping disorder as well? So you of all people should understand his dilemma! Most of the medications found in his body are sleeping pills to help him rest. Obviously, the pills did a great job because the man is now dead! But accidental overdose is definitely a far cry from suicidal.

  20. #100
    Senior Member GuGu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    YunJae Heaven
    Posts
    5,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    No one really knows his state of mind to convincingly conclude that he was suicidal. Though, one thing the public knows for certain, because he has mentioned this in numerous interviews is that he was suffering from insomnia. Didn’t you used to suffer from sleeping disorder as well? So you of all people should understand his dilemma! Most of the medications found in his body are sleeping pills to help him rest. Obviously, the pills did a great job because the man is now dead! But accidental overdose is definitely a far cry from suicidal.
    That many pill is a far cry from an 'accidental overdose'.
    Yeah, I still do suffer from insomnia. But I would never take that much medicine to help me sleep.
    Yeah, no one really knows, so there is a possibility of suicide.
    It's how a person looks at it, U4ria and I see it like that.

Similar Threads

  1. steve irwin is dead!
    By jay_z in forum Entertainment News
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-01-11, 05:06 PM
  2. My Laptop CD player = DEAD?
    By libby96 in forum Tech Squad
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-26-08, 08:59 AM
  3. Luciano Pavarotti is dead.
    By Ken Cheng in forum Music
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-07, 05:56 AM
  4. Dead Forum
    By chynagongju in forum Technical Issues
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-28-04, 06:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •