Thread: X-Japan?

Default X-Japan?

Anyone listen to them? Their songs are all so emotional..and I can actually feel the "pain"...as corny as that sounds.

My favourites are "Crucify my Love","Tears", and "Endless Rain".

You know there was a thread about them long ago started by a fellow comrade of mine on them. But that was like 4 years ago I think.

X-Japan, I grew up listening to their music and I also happen to share the same birthday as Hide(their guitarist), but sadly Hide has died a long time ago. I also met them a few times and went to the concerts when I was little; most recently I met Yoshiki two years ago. Pompous *** but I love him, not bad on the piano. They recently united again, and I forgot who replaced Hide but at their first concert to fill in Hide's spot, they had 10 guitarist played.

I like their heavy songs and their ballads. My favorite are Kurenai, Silent Jealousy, Rusty Nails, Crucify My Love, Tears, Forever Love, Art of Life, Blue Blood and Endless Rain.
    After Hours - Velvet Underground

Yay someone who appreciates X-Japan =) What I like the best about them is how much they put themselves into the music, REALLY put themselves into it. It's like they're baring their soul when they sing.

You met them?!?! Where?!?! In Japan?

I think going to their concerts would be PHENOMENAL...I would totally pay a LOT to do it, any day.

One small criticism..they do tend to "whine" a bit in some of their songs if I listen to them repeatedly.

I find their funky hairstyles really cool though.

And question, do they write their own songs?

And when I'm in a sad mood, "Tears" really does put me to tears hahaha...
    Last edited by yearning; 01-26-08 at 02:57 PM.

I went to their concert in Japan and met all of them their. But I also met Yoshiki in Baltimore, MD when he came to America back in 06.

Their doing small tours again in Japan with plans to go to Europe and hopefully America. No official word yet of course though.

They write all their own songs because they are a real band. Yoshiki writes most of the songs and Hide wrote a few. The lineup really hasn't changed since 86. Only changing of bass player and the death of hide, other than that its been the same.

Interesting side note, the ending song to Saw IV was an unrealeased track of theirs. I sat through that horrible movie just to hear it.
    After Hours - Velvet Underground

Thank you yearning darlin. I went and downloa....errrr...purchased their cd and I really like'em.

I like Tears and Endless Rain the most. I noticed Tears is from "Windstruck" korean movie. Love that track.

Also noticed a track called "Orgasm"...what are your thots on that track?

All in all....the lead singer's voice isn't all that special. Cant really say they have a unique sound of their own either, but yes...very dramatic. Endless Rain, certainly have some Prince and Queen influence. I just like anything with good piano parts.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

YES Windstruck!! I first learned about X-Japan from that movie, and then I eventually got hooked to almost all their songs....

Heath is also pretty hot...haha, his face isn't so pretty, but I think he's pretty sexy.
    Or is it even Heath? I can't keep track of them...Guilty to say, I kinda find that they look a bit similar..

I guess I'll have to go to Japan to see them =( I really want to see them though.....

i really love tears

X-Japan is one of my favourite Jrock bands.
    Yoshiki is still my hero.

I love Tears, Say Anything, Rusty Nail, Art of Life, Silent Jealousy, etc.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

I can understand why they are popular. I have only heard "Tears" and am very impressed. Will try to source for the other songs as mentioned by you guys.

Anyway, my ultimate Japanese band is still "Anzen Chitai", best of the very best if you ask me!!!!!

i've got one song from x-japan, but i downloaded it because it was part of the 'super junior compilation album'. i'm a big suju fan.

I rarely listen to japanese music but I happen to be watching a talkshow which did a special scoop of their Tokyo dome concert earlier this year, and in the intro to the clip it features like 1min of one of there songs, which made me curious, so I started DL some of there songs searching for that particular song played in the intro. Thank god I finanlly found it. The song I heard was Say Anything, I really like this song. I can't get enough of it. Though from the few songs that I've DL, I like there ballad songs more then there rock/heavy metal numbers.

Say anything is my favourite, followed by The last song, Forever Love, Endless rain and Tears. I also tend to like the songs were there is some japanese lyrics in the song as opposed to all english lyrics, actually i'd rather the whole song be sung in japanese (even though I don't know any japanese, it just sounds better)

Also can I ask, Roses of pain, does this song have any vocals or is it just an instrumental? cas the song I have is just instuments but I looked up the lyrics for this song and there is one? I'm kinda confused. Also I find there album tracks really confusing cas some songs seem to be on nearly all albums? I don't get what the difference is? Are some re-mixes.
    Jessica Hsuan + Louis Koo = Amazing Chemistry!

"มารอยู่ในจิต สวรรค์อยู่ในใจ"
    Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

Quote Originally Posted by Sutisa View Post
    I rarely listen to japanese music but I happen to be watching a talkshow which did a special scoop of their Tokyo dome concert earlier this year, and in the intro to the clip it features like 1min of one of there songs, which made me curious, so I started DL some of there songs searching for that particular song played in the intro. Thank god I finanlly found it. The song I heard was Say Anything, I really like this song. I can't get enough of it. Though from the few songs that I've DL, I like there ballad songs more then there rock/heavy metal numbers.

Say anything is my favourite, followed by The last song, Forever Love, Endless rain and Tears. I also tend to like the songs were there is some japanese lyrics in the song as opposed to all english lyrics, actually i'd rather the whole song be sung in japanese (even though I don't know any japanese, it just sounds better)

Also can I ask, Roses of pain, does this song have any vocals or is it just an instrumental? cas the song I have is just instuments but I looked up the lyrics for this song and there is one? I'm kinda confused. Also I find there album tracks really confusing cas some songs seem to be on nearly all albums? I don't get what the difference is? Are some re-mixes.
    Rose of Pain has lyrics.

I'd recommend finding Art of Life. It's about 30 minutes long, but is absolutely amazing.
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    Rose of Pain has lyrics.

I'd recommend finding Art of Life. It's about 30 minutes long, but is absolutely amazing.
    okay thanks, though do you know how long Rose of Pain is appoximately? I like the music to it, but I'm not into intrumental pieces, I like my music with lyrics, so I'm gonna try find this song with the lyrics.
    Jessica Hsuan + Louis Koo = Amazing Chemistry!

"มารอยู่ในจิต สวรรค์อยู่ในใจ"
    Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

Rose of Pain is about 11:49 minutes.
    My love and my agony.