Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I post pictures

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Default How do I post pictures

Okay, this is coming from a technically challenged person, so please be patient and bear with me...

I want to post some pictures that I have taken (and no, they are not pictures of me, but rather traveling pictures and some food pictures to satisfy Sparky's obsession with foods). How do I download and attach the pictures from my file and post them here? I'm not even sure if this question even makes sense, but to the people who are technical, I hope you understand what the heck I'm talking about. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by bellamia; 01-26-08 at 03:26 AM.

go to http://photobucket.com or http://imageshack.us and register for free. May want to resize your pictures to the size you want first with a photo editing program first. Then upload to them image host sites.

When posting, just click the "Insert Image" icon then put the url of your picture or can just copy and paste the image code into your post that looks like this: [IM*]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j131/pixname.jpg[/I*G]
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Great, it works! Thanks!

*Mod* please close the thread.

no need to close it. someone else may have questions.

So pm me your pix.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    no need to close it. someone else may have questions.

So pm me your pix.
    How would you know for sure if it is really me?

Is it bad to leave your laptop on all the time, for a long period of time? I have a bad habit of doing this and lately I'm having problem shutting off my laptop. I tried to "shut down" numerous times, but it doesn't work. Finally, I had to take out the battery to shut it off. Does this problem occur because it is not getting shut down on a regular basis?

What? I leave my computer on all the time! And I never log off when I am not on it. I just flip the monitor down and leave it. Is this bad?

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    What? I leave my computer on all the time! And I never log off when I am not on it. I just flip the monitor down and leave it. Is this bad?
    naw, there's a long discussion on this

1) power issue: some said the start up power consumption is probably more than just leaving the dam thing idling. A typical computer suck about 200W. CPU does like ~40watts idling, and up to 80-100 when max working (dual core), the AMD i have runs 65W at 100% on both CPU, most of the time i'm guessing it sticks around 30-40 at best. HDD are 10Watts, blah blah, so basically a normal computer is around 200watts, like a light bulbs, the monitor sucks about the same amount of power if you have a big one. BUT i'm guessing it takes up more juice leaving it running 24/7 than 10 hours a day and turning it on/off about 5 times.

2) Electronic issue: Leaving it on will have constant temp apply to all item, which is a good thing, the hot/cold changes is damaging to electronic component.

3) basically it doesn't matter, if it break buy a new one, they're not that expensive anymore. Or ask someone you know to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    Is it bad to leave your laptop on all the time, for a long period of time? I have a bad habit of doing this and lately I'm having problem shutting off my laptop. I tried to "shut down" numerous times, but it doesn't work. Finally, I had to take out the battery to shut it off. Does this problem occur because it is not getting shut down on a regular basis?
    just hold on to to the on/off switch for like 5 seconds, i do it all the time it is a bad habit tho
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

your window has a corrupted file. OR some of the background software refuse to exit (it happens alot)... so format it, or figure out which item keep running and refuse to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    naw, there's a long discussion on this

1) power issue: some said the start up power consumption is probably more than just leaving the dam thing idling. A typical computer suck about 200W. CPU does like ~40watts idling, and up to 80-100 when max working (dual core), the AMD i have runs 65W at 100% on both CPU, most of the time i'm guessing it sticks around 30-40 at best. HDD are 10Watts, blah blah, so basically a normal computer is around 200watts, like a light bulbs, the monitor sucks about the same amount of power if you have a big one. BUT i'm guessing it takes up more juice leaving it running 24/7 than 10 hours a day and turning it on/off about 5 times.

2) Electronic issue: Leaving it on will have constant temp apply to all item, which is a good thing, the hot/cold changes is damaging to electronic component.

3) basically it doesn't matter, if it break buy a new one, they're not that expensive anymore. Or ask someone you know to fix it.

ummmmmmm please don't try to explain anything to me. just tell me if i should log off or shut down my laptop after i'm done with it. or should i just keep doing what i'm doing, which is just flipping the monitor down when i'm done with it.

why not ask your ex? He's knowledgable in this field.

Basically, It's less wear and tear on your puter if you leave it on. But longer it's been on, it does tend to get sluggish.

Turn it off if you don't wish to waste electricity.

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

I would but he's in the shower right now.
    And most of the time when we're in my bedroom we're doing other things, there isn't much room for me to worry about other things.

Basically, It's less wear and tear on your puter if you leave it on. But longer it's been on, it does tend to get sluggish.

Turn it off if you don't wish to waste electricity.
    That's all I wanted to hear. I'll keep on wasting electicity.
    Last edited by GuGu; 02-25-08 at 08:01 PM.

lol...you sound like a jealous lover.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    your window has a corrupted file. OR some of the background software refuse to exit (it happens alot)... so format it, or figure out which item keep running and refuse to quit.
    is there a program or software that i can download to identify the corrupted file? i can't reformat my computer because i don't have the CD for it.

is there a program or software that i can download to identify the corrupted file? i can't reformat my computer because i don't have the CD for it.
    hmm im not sure about this but i think once u open ur comp, press control + f11 at the same time right away (like before it even load up anything), it will lead u to a screen to reformat. im pretty sure this works for all dells cause i reformatted my laptop and desktop (both dells) several times using this method

Seriously?

For that to work it would have to have a copy of windows on a seperate partition? Where would it get windows from?

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Seriously?

For that to work it would have to have a copy of windows on a seperate partition? Where would it get windows from?
    no idea, i suck w/ computers, but my friends told me to try that method and it works

Perhaps...I've never owned a company built computer before but if it works then it is just doing a dirty/clean install of windows. That would work too if no cd/dvd.

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    no idea, i suck w/ computers, but my friends told me to try that method and it works
    Thanks for trying, sweetie. though, I don't have a dell computer, so I don't know if your instruction will apply or not. Anyhow, it is no biggy as my work is providing me with a new laptop soon.

np ur help to me is much greater