Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1134

Thread: Yitian Sword, Tulong Saber Book 4

thts a pleasant surprise...but how can little wuji misjudge some one died or not? i now have a doubt on his medical skills

Quote Originally Posted by rati4u View Post
    thts a pleasant surprise...but how can little wuji misjudge some one died or not? i now have a doubt on his medical skills
    Give the young man a break...

Doctor makes mistake too..

Burying live people...
    im afraid i would rather take my chances with mother nature then let the mad Doctor Wuji feed me some herbs...
    I allways thought it was a bit BS that he could heal bones in a wave of his hand; but the fact that he burried a live breathing person... i could never trust such a person with my health.
    Last edited by aliderhamy; 11-01-08 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aliderhamy View Post
    Burying live people...
    im afraid i would rather take my chances with mother nature then let the mad Doctor Wuji feed me some herbs...
    I allways thought it was a bit BS that he could heal bones ina wave of his hand; but the fact that he burried a live breathing person... i could never trust such a person with my health.
    dude leave wuji alone
    i dont think that he did it on purpose
    i think that zhu er use some sort of martial arts to make it look like she is dead beacuse she found out that zzr was going to kill her
    and she is angry at wuji beacuse he left her behind or didnt figure it out or something like that

Burying live people...
    I allways thought it was a bit BS that he could heal bones ina wave of his hand; but the fact that he burried a live breathing person... i could never trust such a person with my health.
    ZWJ is such a bad doctor, that he practices euthanasia.

That's right- that is the practice of killing people before they are death (sometimes out of mercy, sometimes deliberately like the Nazi ppl).

ZWJ- a doctor you should not trust.

This message has been endorsed by,
    Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Burying live people...
    Yin Li = Wujistein's monster. Lightning flashes, thunder cracks, Dr. Wujistein cackles as Yin Li rises from the dead, brought back to life by the power of 9 yang. In Foxs' next few updates, we shall see Yin Li explain that the world cannot accept her, so she must vent her anger on the Mad Doctor who created her. HSDS ends with Yin Li strangling Dr. Wujistein, before drifting off on an iceberg, perhaps to Fire Ice Island.

Apologies for not putting the ending in spoilers.

Default nice

Very creative bro...
    I would deffinitly read that book...

How much longer can a person live after he/she has stopped breathing?

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    Yin Li pulled his hand and held his face toward the moon. After staring at him for half a day, suddenly she reached out to grab his left ear and twisted it with all her might.
    Half a day as in six hours? That's a long time to be staring at someone.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post

no in chinese i just meant for a long time like five or so minutes or longer
    but if you translated into english, it literally means "half a day", but itis not really 6 hours
    Last edited by TuLongDao; 11-02-08 at 12:07 AM. Reason: quote too long

Agree with people who said Wuji is a bad doctor.

He was extremely lucky to have a chance to learn medical skills from a guy who was rumored to bring the death to life. Even if he's not as capable as his teacher, he still shouldn't do other way round

Burying live people...
    I allways thought it was a bit BS that he could heal bones in a wave of his hand; but the fact that he burried a live breathing person... i could never trust such a person with my health.
    actually, Miss Yin wasn't really buried alive.

she was buried up to her neck, with her face covered gently by branches etc.

because she was buried horizontally, breathing etc should not be hard (im sure lots of pplz have been buried by sand at the beach up to their necks too, its very comfortable when its the warm sand covering your body), her face was not obstructed.

about misjudging her breathing, its possible she went into a coma like state, where breathing and heart beat is very faint, she may have actually "died" when he checked her pulse, but came back to life somehow later. Its not unheard of where a person stops breathing with no/weak pulse for a couple of minutes before being resuscitated by various means, esp those medical dramas where pplz r saved with electricity/adrenalin and the like.

That's right- that is the practice of killing people before they are death (sometimes out of mercy, sometimes deliberately like the Nazi ppl).

ZWJ- a doctor you should not trust.

This message has been endorsed by,
    Han Solo
    you know... in the medical feild many (actually most people, believe it or not :P, most don't say it out publicly but its true) actually believe euthanasia as a good thing :P simply because doctors generally know when a patient is really beyond help, and doctors who's seen the suffering of so many patients, understand that many would rather pass on early, than later (and suffering the whole time) and ofcourse, that is with the patients consent, killing the person without them knowing is plain murder imo, and with ZWJ i guess thats manslaughter : /

but due to the cirumstances, i think its probably not his fault that much

personally, if i had something like cancer, and was deemed unsaveable, i'd try to organise everything necessary while im still able to move, and when on my death bed, i'd rather die, the suffering that cancer patients undergo is beyond imagination, drugs like morphne doesn't even help that much, and also being high on drugs maybe pleasant to many, for others its pure torture, (ie, i hate that giddy, lightheaded feeling u get after drinking alchohol, i'd cut my self it it helps to relieve that feeling where i lose my acute senses)
    Last edited by darkshineknight; 11-02-08 at 04:02 AM.
    This is a plea to whom ever is in-charge of wuxiapedia to update the translations into it (or else start trying to get permission to put the content from the translators/editors).

thankxxx

I think this term is the most contested term in Chinese to English translation. As I said before: I have told you a million times ...

I am surprised that this part generates so many amusing responses. My favorite is the Doctor Wujinstein scheme ...

Default Chapter 40 – Part 11

As she constantly spitting up curses, her expression, voice and attitude were just like the Yin Li he knew. Zhang Wuji chuckled. Scratching his head, he said, “Your scolding is right on target. You are totally right. I was such a muddle-head; I saw your face was full of blood and you were not breathing, you heart was not beating. I thought you were beyond help …”

Yin Li leaped forward to twist his right ear. Zhang Wuji chuckled and moved aside to evade. He bowed and cupped his fists. “Good Zhu’er, please forgive me!”

“I won’t forgive you!” Yin Li said, “That day I woke up somehow, and felt cold all around me. Turned out I was surrounded by stones. If you wanted to bury me alive, why did you put twigs and stones on me? Why didn’t you pile up dirt on me so that I could not breathe and died for real?”

“Thank the Heaven and thank the Earth that I only piled up twigs and stones on your body,” Zhang Wuji said. He could not restrain from casting a sidelong glance toward Zhou Zhiruo.

Yin Li was angry. “This woman is completely wicked; I forbid you to look at her,” she said.

“Why?” Zhang Wuji asked.

“She is the murderer who killed me,” Yin Li replied, “Why do you still care about her?”

“But you are not dead,” Zhao Min interrupted, “How can she be your murderer?”

“I have died once,” Yin Li said, “That makes her the murderer!”

“Good Zhu’er,” Zhang Wuji tried to persuade her, “You have escaped danger and returned to live. We are all very happy. Why don’t you sit nicely over here and tell us how did you cheat death and escaped alive?”

Yin Li said, “What do you mean ‘we’? Let me ask you this: when you said ‘we’, who is ‘we’?”

Zhang Wuji said with a laugh, “There are only four people in here. Naturally ‘we’ refers to Miss Zhou, Miss Zhao and me.”

“Humph!” with a cold laugh Yin Li said, “I am not dead. Granted that you might be somewhat happy, but what about Miss Zhou and Miss Zhao? Are they also happy?”

“Miss Yin,” Zhou Zhiruo said, “I was so evil in those days; I have harmed you. But later, not only I deeply regretted my actions but also I have never had peace in my sleep. Otherwise, when I suddenly saw you in the woods, I would not be frightened like this. Now that I see you alive and well, my burden has been lifted off. The Heaven above is my witness that my joy is unbounded.”

Yin Li leaned her head sideways and thought for a moment. She nodded and said, “That makes sense. Actually, I was going to settle the score with you, but since you have apologized, I’ll let it go.”

Zhou Zhiruo kneeled down and sobbed, “I … I truly have committed the gravest offense toward you.”

Yin Li had always been hot-tempered; but seeing Zhou Zhiruo sincerely admit her guilt, her heart melted. She quickly helped her up and said, “Zhou Jiejie, let bygone be bygone, let us forget it. After all, I am not dead.” Holding Zhou Zhiruo’s hand, she took her to sit on her side.

Brushing her stray hair aside, Yin Li said, “You crisscrossed my face with the swords, it was also not entirely without any benefit. My face was originally bumpy, after the sword cut, the poisonous blood was drained away, the bumps slowly subsided.”

Zhou Zhiruo was overwhelmed with regret; she did not know what to say.

Zhang Wuji said, “Afterwards, Yifu, Zhiruo and I lived on that island for a long time. Zhu’er, after you came out of the grave, why didn’t you see us?”

“I was not willing to see you,” Yin Li angrily said, “You and Miss Zhou kept whispering sweet nothings to one another; how can I not be angry listening to those crap? Humph! ‘Hereafter my love to you will be doubled or tripled! We are husband and wife, two people one body; how can I mistreat you?’” In the last several sentences, she was mimicking Zhang Wuji’s manner of speech. And then, she continued with Zhou Zhiruo’s voice, “’What if I wrong you or offend you, will you hit me, scold me, kill me? Since I was little, I had never had a father and a mother to instruct me. It would be difficult not to mess up sometimes’.” She coughed once and changed her voice to a throaty male voice, “’Zhiruo, you are my beloved wife. Even if you make any mistake, I won’t blame you or scold you.’” Pointing her finger toward the moon on the western horizon, she said, “’The moon in the sky is our witness.’”

Turned out when Zhang Wuji and Zhou Zhiruo were pouring their hearts to each other that night, Yin Li had heard everything. As she now repeated their words one by one, Zhou Zhiruo’s entire face reddened, while Zhang Wuji looked bashful and restless. He stole a glance toward Zhao Min and saw that her face was deathly pale; thus he reached out to hold her hand. To his surprise, Zhao Min turned her palm around and pricked his arm with her two long fingernails. Zhang Wuji winced from the pain, but did not dare to make any noise; he did not even dare to move.

Yin Li reached into her bosom and took out a wooden strip. She shoved it in front of Zhang Wuji’s face. “Look clearly. What is this?” she asked.

Zhang Wuji looked closer and saw a line of characters engraved on the wooden strip; it read ‘The Tomb of my Beloved Wife, Zhu’Er Yin Li. Zhang Wuji Sincerely Stated’. It was exactly the grave marker he erected in front of Yin Li’s grave.

Yin Li bitterly said, “As I crawled out of the grave, I saw this wooden strip, and I was confused. What is this? Where is that heartless and short-lived little rascal Zhang Wuji? I thought about it a hundred times without figuring out what happened, until later on I eavesdropped the two of you calling ‘Wuji Gege this’ and ‘Wuji Gege’ that. It suddenly dawned on me that Zhang Wuji is Zeng Aniu, and Zheng Aniu is Zhang Wuji. You, the heartless scoundrel, you have deceived me really bad!” She raised the wooden strip and smashed it with all her might onto Zhang Wuji’s head. ‘Bang!’ the wooden strip broke, wooden shards flew out in all directions.

Zhao Min was angry. “Why do you keep hitting people?” she said.

Yin Li laughed aloud and said, “I love to hit him, what does it have to do with you? Your heart hurts, doesn’t it?”

Zhao Min blushed and said, “He is yielding to you. You do not know good from bad.”

Yin Li laughed. “Why did you say I do not know good from bad?” she asked, “Don’t you worry, I will not fight with you over this freak. I have given my heart to only one person, one who bit the back of my hand in the Butterfly Valley, Zhang Wuji. About this freak, I don’t care if he is called Zeng Aniu or Zhang Wuji, I don’t like him the least bit.”

Turning toward Zhang Wuji, she said in a gentle voice, “Aniu Gege, you have always treated me very well, I am very grateful to you. But since a long time ago, I have given my heart to that heartless, ferocious little Zhang Wuji. You are not him, no, you are not him …”

Zhang Wuji was confounded. “I am definitely Zhang Wuji,” he said, “Why … what …”

Yin Li looked at him with a tender expression for a long, long time. Her eyes changed irregularly. Finally, she shook her head and said, “Aniu Gege, you don’t understand. In the western region desert, you and I have gone through live and death situation together. On that small island, you were extremely good to me. You are a good man. But I have already told you, I have given my heart to that Zhang Wuji for a long time. I am going to find him. Tell me, do you think if I find him, he would still beat me, scold me or bite me?”

Without waiting for Zhang Wuji to answer, she turned around and slowly walked away.

DON'T MISS IT!!
    The last part of Chapter 40 will be posted Saturday, November 8
    DON'T MISS IT!!
    Last edited by foxs; 11-02-08 at 10:03 AM.

I think this term is the most contested term in Chinese to English translation. As I said before: I have told you a million times ...

I am surprised that this part generates so many amusing responses. My favorite is the Doctor Wujinstein scheme ...
    Oh you did?! Sorry that I forget. I forget a lot of things. BTW, thanks to TuLongDao for the clarification. I need Wujistein to cure my bad memory.

Yin Li is hilarious here..."whispering sweet nothings to one another." Hahaha!

Thanks Foxs!! Never thought I would see the day that the entire trilogy was translated!!!

hrrmmm....I think people are a bit hard on WJ for being indecisive. I'm starting to think all three of these girls are a bit crazy so its a bit hard to blame WJ for being played so badly lol.. hated ZZR...now she seems okay..ZM showed her mean streak early on in the novel and she is definitely capable of pulling off what ZZR pulled off. And then there's YL who's the most unstable out of the three....
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

But I have already told you, I have given my heart to that Zhang Wuji for a long time. I am going to find him. Tell me, do you think if I find him, he would still beat me, scold me or bite me?

YL is a masochist

Oh you did?! Sorry that I forget. I forget a lot of things. BTW, thanks to TuLongDao for the clarification. I need Wujistein to cure my bad memory.
    Aw, c'mon dictionary, you know I was not serious ... my point was: Chinese's 'half a day' is equivalent to American's 'million times' ...

All kidding aside, I need someone's help. Perhaps some of you remember when working on Chapter 14, Efflix left out a minor part. I looked at Qiqi.com, and that part indeed was missing. So I went to the local library and got the book. The problem is: it is in Chinese traditional characters. I tried to translate it, but it took me too long, since my reading speed is slower than Ren Woxing's snail pace. Anyway, I was wondering if any of you would like to help me. It's only a paragraph. I promise you. I have it scanned in pdf form. If you are willing, please pm or email me with your email address, I will send it your way. Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by foxs; 11-02-08 at 08:24 PM.

I'm still around, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post

That is not quite correct. Euthanasia the act or practice of killing or permitting the death of hopelessly sick or injured individuals (as persons or domestic animals) in a relatively painless way for reasons of mercy. If the killing is done out of mercy it is not euthanasia by definition.
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox View Post
    I'm still around, you know.
    Icy, thanks for your willingness to help. I sent the file to your hotmail account. Please check it.

PS: Why don't you give us all an update on your life after the military experience last year?