Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 545464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1134

Thread: Yitian Sword, Tulong Saber Book 4

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    When Zhang Sanfeng heard that she willingly forsook her father and brother to follow Zhang Wuji, he said, “Very good! Very good! A woman like you is hard to come by!”

Somehow I am imagined that ZSF would say like that:

When Zhang Sanfeng heard that she willingly forsook her father and brother to follow Zhang Wuji, he said, “Very good! Very good! A woman like you is hard to come by! If only a girl in my past could forget the Eagle Hero, I would be not that lonely....”

Quote Originally Posted by TuLongDao View Post
    unless the ending of the chapter is different, the last chapter of HSDS really, really, really SUCKS like hell, i mean everything is going so fast.
    Agreed. The next update will be the last, and JY just started involve Zhu Yuanzhang's scheme?! I doubt the novel will end satisfactorily.

Talking

u know i never expected zhang sanfeng to be so ruthless, i guess that the word, for someone that have live for over 100 years and seen so much stuff.

but considering the time period then and the cultural differences, it is really not that surprising
    actually to show his ability to see right from wrong and perform justice shows his 100 years of wisdom. Justice = to put something in its rightful place. SQS lost his right in this world when he took an innocents life.

back to the book..
    THanks Fox.

Cant wait to see ZWJ Kick somemore ***!

Quote Originally Posted by muidi View Post
    Somehow I am imagined that ZSF would say like that:

When Zhang Sanfeng heard that she willingly forsook her father and brother to follow Zhang Wuji, he said, “Very good! Very good! A woman like you is hard to come by! If only a girl in my past could forget the Eagle Hero, I would be not that lonely....”
    BWAHAHAHA ahahaha i like your sense of humor xD. Hehehe, tho i dont think he's ever had a crush on guo xiang tho...

i thought that they would have gotten married on mount wu dang, guess my speculations were off : / (EDIT, by that i mean ZWJ and ZM)

u know i never expected zhang sanfeng to be so ruthless, i guess that the word, for someone that have live for over 100 years and seen so much stuff.

but considering the time period then and the cultural differences, it is really not that surprising

unless the ending of the chapter is different, the last chapter of HSDS really, really, really SUCKS like hell, i mean everything is going so fast, and wasnt zwj suppose to ask zhang san feng about the lady in yellow, i was really going forward to that man.
    ya... i know what u mean by it going thru fast : / all JY's novels r like this at the end *sighs* i never get a "satisfaction" when finishing the novels : (

ruthless... hmmmmmm i dont agree with you, think about it... if your grandson killed your son... would you show mercy? 6th uncle was like a son to ZSF, and Song Qing Shu killed him... betrayed the school, was plotting to poisen the sect... its only because of his 100 year wisdom, that he can kill the bastard for what hes done. He was kind hearted, and ended his misery with 1 swift blow... hmf if it was me, i'd slice off each bend on his fingers, 3 cuts to cut off each finger, and 2 cuts for each toe : / and chop him up bit by bit, make him suffer all the way. Then after i get to his body, i'd place him in a barrel, make him live the rest of his life in it (now thats what he truly deserves : P i dislike him almost as much as Yin Zhi Ping/Zhen zhi bin in ROCH... to deflower xln, sigh.....) thats called ruthless :P

i wonder how this is gonna end in 1 page : /

he gets captured with ZM by his side.... why the hell JY add this plotline at such an end : (

and what about ZZR, i hope she dies/suffers heeeeeeeeeeeeeaps b4 the end of this book... dont give me that crap about her having to follow her masters wishes and her having burdens on her etc.... a person's decisions r made by him/her self no matter what, she was the one who commited those murders.

also look how cruel she is : / putting the cold energy into ZM when she try to help her, her evil attacks, and her ruthless attitudes...
    Last edited by darkshineknight; 11-06-08 at 11:38 PM.
    This is a plea to whom ever is in-charge of wuxiapedia to update the translations into it (or else start trying to get permission to put the content from the translators/editors).

thankxxx

If I remember right, Z3F doesn't kill SQS in the 3rd Ed. of HSDS. Instead, Jin Yong lets him die of his wounds.

I wonder what happened to the XM brothers. I hope they get a good whipping.

I had this scary dream that foxs demanded we post up our pictures before he post the last update.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    I had this scary dream that foxs demanded we post up our pictures before he post the last update.
    Oh no, don't give him such idea lol
    You'll be the first one to post if this ever happens!

This dream is even worse than the one where you keep taking the exams you already passed ages ago.

Heh, in my dream I was scrambling to find a model picture to post, even though foxs insisted it gotta be the real you.

unless the ending of the chapter is different, the last chapter of HSDS really, really, really SUCKS like hell, i mean everything is going so fast, and wasnt zwj suppose to ask zhang san feng about the lady in yellow, i was really going forward to that man.
    Jin Yong is the author. Nuff said, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by KChill View Post
    Jin Yong is the author. Nuff said, bro.
    whoa whoa whoa
    hold the phone, what you saying, that jin yong is a bad authour?
    because that is not what im saying, i LOVE his books, he is an awesome author
    im just saying that the last, and only the last, chapter of HSDS is gonna suck, not the whole book or the author

Default Chapter 40 – Part 14

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Why, oh, why did I not think about it first? Hmmm ... let's see ... If I made my request now, you'd say I simply copied your idea ... Oh well, I'll let you go this time.

-------------------
    About two hours later, he suddenly heard some people enter the room next door. As he listened to them talking, he recognized the voices of Zhu Yuanzhang, Xu Da and Chang Yuchun, three people.

He heard that Zhu Yuanzhang was saying, “This man betrays our Cult, surrenders to the Yuan Dynasty. The evidence is conclusive; there is no doubt about it. It pained me just to think about it. Brothers, what do you think we must do?” Without waiting for Xu Da and Chang Yuchun to answer, he continued, “This man’s ears and eyes are numerous; he has trusted comrades everywhere in the army. We’d better not to mention his name.”

Xu Da was heard replying, “Zhu Dage [big brother Zhu], to succeed in an important matter, we must not concern ourselves with trivial matters; we must cut the grass and pull the roots, do not leave any potential problem in the future.”

“But this little thief has always been our superior,” Zhu Yuanzhang said, “We must not forget kindness and violate justice. This is our basic principle.”

Chang Yuchun said, “If Dage is afraid that by killing him the army would revolt, there is no harm in us making our move quietly, so that Dage’s reputation will not be implicated.”

Zhu Yuanzhang was quiet for a moment before saying, “Since Xu and Chang, two brothers have already said so, we will deal with him as such, then. Only, this little thief has sown quite some kindness to the people of our Cult, also, two brothers were usually on good terms with him; we must keep this matter from leaking out. Ay, the thought of killing him today is truly unbearable for me.”

Xu and Chang both said, “We cannot give friends and personal relations more consideration than the great undertaking of recovering the nation.” As the three men finished talking, they went out the room.

Zhang Wuji sucked a mouthful of cold air. Immediately he exerted his ‘shen gong’ [divine power/strength] to break the rope binding his body. Carrying Zhao Min in his arms, he quietly climbed over the wall and went out.

Leaning against the wall, he could not stop all sorts of feelings from bubbling up in his heart. “That traitor Zhu Yuanzhang forgets kindness and violates justice, I am fine with it. But Xu Dage and Chang Dage have special friendship with me, yet for the sake of riches and honor they are unexpectedly able to betray me. The three of them bear heavy responsibility within the rebel army. If I strike them dead with my palm, I am afraid the army’s unity would disintegrate. I, Zhang Wuji, have never coveted name or position. Xu Dage, Chang Dage, you are looking down on me too much.” After thinking deeply for half a day, he quietly took Zhao Min to leave the area.

When he was safe outside the city, he wrote a letter, appointing Yang Xiao as the new Cult Leader, but he did not write even a single character about what had happened in Haozhou.

It never occurred to Zhang Wuji that when Xu Da and Chang Yuchun talked about ‘the little thief’, they were actually referring to Han Lin’er. They did not even know that Zhang Wuji was in Haozhou. Everything was secretly arranged by Zhu Yuanzhang. He wanted to make Zhang Wuji downhearted so that Zhang Wuji would retire voluntarily. First, Zhu Yuanzhang was dreadful of Zhang Wuji’s divine bravery. Second, Zhang Wuji was their Cult’s Jiaozhu who was highly esteemed by everybody in their Cult. Let’s say he wanted to kill him; not only Zhu Yuanzhang did not have the courage to do so, even if he did succeed in killing him, but if there was the slightest chance of his plot being exposed, the consequences would be too detrimental for him.

Zhu Yuanzhang understood very well that Zhang Wuji placed the important matter of recovering the country above all else, moreover, he loved Xu Da and Chang Yuchun like brothers. As soon as Zhang Wuji heard their discussion, he would quietly go away.

As expected, everything happened according to Zhu Yuanzhang’s anticipation. Although Zhang Wuji’s martial art skill was unequalled in the present age, in term of scheming and resourcefulness, he was too far below Zhu Yuanzhang. In the end, he had fallen into the treacherous scheme of the most ambitious and ruthless character of their generation.

Although Zhang Wuji had never wanted to be an emperor, he would feel saddened for the rest of his life whenever Xu Da and Chang Yuchun, which he thought were without kindness and loyalty, came into his mind.

As for the accusation that Han Lin’er was colluding with the Tatars and betraying his country, it was actually Zhu Yuanzhang who planted false evidence against him. It was because after Han Shantong’s death, the army appointed Han Lin’er as their commander; consequently, Zhu, Xu, Chang, and the other generals became his subordinates.

Zhu Yuanzhang forged a letter from Han Lin’er to the enemy as if it was Han Lin’er’s own hadwriting; with a large sum of money, he also bribed Han Lin’er’s trusted aide to leak the secret to Xu Da and Chang Yuchun. Xu and Chang, two men, believed without any reservation. As a result, they insisted on Han Lin’er’s elimination. Zhu Yuanzhang pretended to uphold righteousness and benevolence by refusing to allow the execution. It was not until Xu Da and Chang Yuchun urged him repeatedly that he reluctantly agreed.

He held Zhang Wuji and Zhao Min in the adjacent room, knowing that with his martial art skill, for Zhang Wuji to break the rope binding his body was as easy as lifting his finger. He was only afraid that as soon as Zhang Wuji was free, he would find him to exact revenge. Therefore, as soon as he finished talking with Xu and Chang, two men, he immediately went into hiding.

Soon after Zhang Wuji left, he ordered Liao Yongzhong to throw Han Lin’er into the river and let him sank into the bottom. This way, he killed two birds with one stone. His plan was truly flawless.

Later, Yang Xiao became the Cult Leader of the Ming Cult; but by this time Zhu Yuanzhang had grown wings, the troops under his command numbered in millions. Yang Xiao was aging and less ambitious than before, he lost any desire to fight over the throne with him.

After Zhu Yuanzhang ascended the throne, he opposed the Ming Cut by issuing an order to strictly prohibit its movement and massacred the brethrens who had once rendered great merit to him. Chang Yuchun died early because of sickness. Xu Da eventually was not able to escape disaster.

When Zhang Wuji finished writing the letter to Yang Xiao, Zhao Min saw he did not immediately put down the writing brush in his hand; he had quite an unhappy expression on his face. Zhao Min interrupted his thoughts by saying, “Wuji Gege, once you agreed to do three things for me. The first thing was to let me look at the Tulong Saber; the second thing was not to marry Zhou Jiejie back at Haozhou, so the first two matters are already accomplished. I still have the third request to you, you must not fail to keep your own word.”

Zhang Wuji was startled. “You … you …” he stammered, “What kind of strange demonic witchcraft do you want me to do this time …?”

Zhao Min smiled sweetly and said, “My eyebrows are too thin. I want you to thicken it with your brush. This matter certainly does not violate the Wulin’s way of chivalry, does it?”

Zhang Wuji raised his brush up; he laughed and said, “From now on I am going to draw your eyebrows every day.”

Suddenly from outside the window came a soft giggle and someone said, “Wuji Gege, you also promised to do something for me.” It was Zhou Zhiruo’s voice.

Zhang Wuji was so engrossed in writing the letter that he did not know when she arrived outside the window. The shutters slowly opened and Zhou Zhiruo’s beautiful face appeared. Under the candlelight, she looked smiling, yet she was not exactly smiling.

Zhang Wuji was startled again. “You … what do you want me to do?” he asked.

Zhou Zhiruo smiled and said, “I haven’t thought about it now, but when you and Zhao Jia Meizi [little sister of Zhao family] are ready to bow to the Heaven and the Earth to get married, I am sure I will think of something by then.”

Zhang Wuji turned to look at Zhao Min, and then he turned again to look at Zhou Zhiruo. In that instant, a myriad of thoughts raced around in his mind. He was unsure if he should be happy or if he should be worried. His hand trembled and the brush fell on the table ...

The End

This must be the worst ending in the trilogy!

EDIT : Of all the Jin Yong endings, I still think SPW has the best.

Thank you Foxs and EB,-SIMPLY AWESOME!!! It's a very bittersweet story,-so good from beginning to almost the end, and then an ending that just.............oh, well. Thanks to everyone involved, I appreciate it and really enjoy reading this translation and looking forward to reading the missing chapters. Thanks!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox View Post
    This must be the worst ending in the trilogy!
    JY needed a few Deus et Machina's to make everything sort of consistent with history. But I agree with you....
    Man is glue. You are man. How then can you step away from glue?

Btw, Foxs, you da man!!!! Thanks you so much for translating this to the end. Finally, in my middle ages, I know the authoritative version of the story, which I've been wanting to know since watching the dorky movie version as a kid.
    Man is glue. You are man. How then can you step away from glue?

Thank you foxs and Eliza for all your hard work.

What a dumb ending with ZZR appear at the window; it's so out of nowhere. Hehe. I am sad that the Ming Cult, a group once so tight-knitted, breaks apart like this. A more interesting ending would be for Zhou Zhiruo to fight Zhu Yuanzhang.

Thank you, foxs. Thank you for finishing the story without making dictionary's dream realized

Thought I agree with IcyFox about the ending, this is still a great story overall. I thoroughly enjoy it, especially the fight scenes which are very JY's style. Thanks again.

Hey, the WHOLE TRILOGY is COMPLETE! (Sort of...)

Let's celebrate!