Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 74748495051525354555657
Results 1,121 to 1,134 of 1134

Thread: Yitian Sword, Tulong Saber Book 4

Indonesia, where people will trap you in a Big Dipper formation if you steal a chicken...

Quote Originally Posted by odbayarb2000 View Post
    Thanks, foxs and Eliza your hard work. You have been giving me so much joy. I don`t know what I should do now.

As for the novels ending, ZWJ once more proved his inferiority to either YG or GJ as a chivalirious hero. He is still indesicive.
    AGREED ON BOTH POINTS!

For foxs and Eliza, many thanks for the great piece of work that you have given us all. It's refreshing to read this story again in English with nice Mandarin names, after I stretched and twirled my brain reading the one with the Fuqian names.

For WJ, we've seen his end. GJ ended as a patriotic hero, he died for his country. YG ended as the legendary Eagle Hero, looking cool and mysterious to the end. WJ ended as a lousy two-sided guy, who can't even decide which one he would choose between two girls....

END OF STORY:

odbayarb2000 and Lifeburner
    "WUJI HATERS CLUB, BASHING WUJI TO THE END"
    It was often said, "Among horses, Chi Tu (Red Hare). Among retards, Lu Bu."

Vice-President of Wuji Haters Club!

Originator of "Wuv Kuddly Hamsty" activity.

yeah!!! that's all folks :-)
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeburner View Post
    AGREED ON BOTH POINTS!

For foxs and Eliza, many thanks for the great piece of work that you have given us all. It's refreshing to read this story again in English with nice Mandarin names, after I stretched and twirled my brain reading the one with the Fuqian names.

For WJ, we've seen his end. GJ ended as a patriotic hero, he died for his country. YG ended as the legendary Eagle Hero, looking cool and mysterious to the end. WJ ended as a lousy two-sided guy, who can't even decide which one he would choose between two girls....

END OF STORY:

odbayarb2000 and Lifeburner
    "WUJI HATERS CLUB, BASHING WUJI TO THE END"
    Thanks for the translation. U guys rock!

GJ is best overall hero of all in the trilogy, patriotic and loving and filial and humble . But in terms of love, YG-XLN pair stands little above other pairs. The part ZWJ played in unifying wulin world was something both other heroes could not achieve.
    i wish JY had hinted what happened to three people at the end like he did with GJ and YG.
    Last edited by nisachar; 11-11-08 at 06:36 AM.
    Rose blooms best near death
    You are in full bloom, Pal!

Quote Originally Posted by TuLongDao View Post
    whoa whoa whoa
    hold the phone, what you saying, that jin yong is a bad authour?
    because that is not what im saying, i LOVE his books, he is an awesome author
    im just saying that the last, and only the last, chapter of HSDS is gonna suck, not the whole book or the author
    His endings generally suck. SPW is the one exception I can think of....but keep holding on to that phone if that makes you feel better....

Indonesia, where people will trap you in a Big Dipper formation if you steal a chicken...

Yeah, don't get him wrong. Wuji sucks, but not Jin Yong. When many other writers create heroes that is both strong in and outside the wulin world, he created a hero who roxx wulin, but generally sux at life.

And that's our WJ.

Come on people, last chance for registration! "The Wuji Haters Club" will reopen in the next HSDS translation posted on this forum!
    It was often said, "Among horses, Chi Tu (Red Hare). Among retards, Lu Bu."

Vice-President of Wuji Haters Club!

Originator of "Wuv Kuddly Hamsty" activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeburner View Post
    Wuji sucks, but not Jin Yong. Come on people, last chance for registration! "The Wuji Haters Club" will reopen in the next HSDS translation posted on this forum!
    But Jin Yong created Wuji, so if Wuji sucks, then Jin Yong sucks too. I don't like Jin Yong making Wuji even more indecisive in the 3rd edition. He's already indecisive as it is. Is there a Wuji's Haters Hater club? I'll join that.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    But Jin Yong created Wuji, so if Wuji sucks, then Jin Yong sucks too. I don't like Jin Yong making Wuji even more indecisive in the 3rd edition. He's already indecisive as it is. Is there a Wuji's Haters Hater club? I'll join that.

Yes, there is. Ok, you are enlisted. Join with us in the foxs' translation for the gaps. But Young Wuji is much better than the old one. We need to work hard to find things to bash him.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

And join Foxs in translating as well.

Default Nahh to be honest hsds kinda blowed.

To be honest HSDS has to be one of the lower piont of jin youngs writing.
    I mean there are some great parts where we meet Goldon Lion and such for the first time... and some of the romance in midle of book is allright.

But the beggining is long and booring... and the ending S#cks B@@lls.
    as whole i would say if i read HSDS as my first woxia novel i might be put off reading other woxia novels

Han solo please dont remove my comments; and foxs no offense to your great translation. I would have still payed to see the ending of the novel no matter what.

To be honest i think jin young chaneld a lot of his darker more pesamestic thinking into this novel.

Right from depressing biginning where the lovers are niver given a chance to love...

to the end where the hero turns out to be a useless playboy with 2 wives... who allowes many other girls to sacrifice them selves for himself ...

I think this novel is jin youngs critique of the world... and the ironey of how some of the greatest people miss some of lifes greatest joys... and how some of the most useless people get to enjoy some of lifes greatest joys without even knowing what a blessing they are getting.

Quote Originally Posted by aliderhamy View Post
    To be honest HSDS has to be one of the lower piont of jin youngs writing.
    I mean there are some great parts where we meet Goldon Lion and such for the first time... and some of the romance in midle of book is allright.

But the beggining is long and booring... and the ending S#cks B@@lls.
    as whole i would say if i read HSDS as my first woxia novel i might be put off reading other woxia novels

Han solo please dont remove my comments; and foxs no offense to your great translation. I would have still payed to see the ending of the novel no matter what.

To be honest i think jin young chaneld a lot of his darker more pesamestic thinking into this novel.

Right from depressing biginning where the lovers are niver given a chance to love...

to the end where the hero turns out to be a useless playboy with 2 wives... who allowes many other girls to sacrifice them selves for himself ...

I think this novel is jin youngs critique of the world... and the ironey of how some of the greatest people miss some of lifes greatest joys... and how some of the most useless people get to enjoy some of lifes greatest joys without even knowing what a blessing they are getting.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i really dont agree, the beginning was DEFINITELY not slow and boring, i enjoyed the first few chapters alot!

ZCS and his wive's adventures, etc is all important, i never understood the plot before because the adaption i watched had ZCS and ZWJ as the same actor >.> and i got all confused.

ZWJ's childhood was also very intersting and eventful, the ending was a little dissapointing, but the novel is good ^^ just because the ending isnt perfect doesn't subtract from the whole : / as they say, nothing is perfect in this world... even ROCH : ( how i wish for yg and xln's happyness >.< aih... why did xln get raped : ( feel so sorry for the couple >.< at least yg doesn't mind, so only i feel sorry for him xD
    This is a plea to whom ever is in-charge of wuxiapedia to update the translations into it (or else start trying to get permission to put the content from the translators/editors).

thankxxx

Have to agree that the ending really sucks. No wonder every television adaptation felt compelled to invent their own.

Thanks for the translations foxs.

The ending from the first two editions were okay. It shows him and ZM retiring in peace.

I agree that the appearance of ZZR made this third edition ending really bad. He still cannot life peacefully. This is like if at the end of LOCH suddenly Hua Zhen(?) the mongolian princess showed up and insisted to GJ that they are still engaged.

Default Im not sure.

Im not sure, but i think that jin young is saying the ZWJ has enough stamina and love, that he can have both women. and infact it would have been fine for him to have had all 4.

I read somewhere in the Wuxia Fiction forum that the Xuan Ming guys lost their kungfu and became no better than one of the 8 archers. But I didn't see this in the translation.

Is that only in the 3rd edition or maybe I read it wrong....