Thread: My Tutor Friend - Korean Movie

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Default My Tutor Friend - Korean Movie

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.lovehkfilm.com/panasia/aj6293/my_tutor_friend.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.freewebs.com/dvdmarathon/Korean%20Movies/My%20Tutor%20Friend.jpg')

This movie combines an excellent mixture of action, comedy, and romance. It is a nice departure from the typical, melodramatic formula that is associated with many Korean dramas nowadays.

It is a sweet story starting Kwon Sang Woo, who plays Ji Hoon, a charismatic, rich, bad boy who is better known for his fighting and trouble making skills than his academic abilities. And surprisingly, KSW does have some good @$$ kicking moves in this movie that really highlights his athletic physic, which was famously showcased in “Staircase to Heaven.”

The lead actress happens to be one of my favorite Korean actresses, Kim Ha Neul plays a tomboy and a first year university student name Choi Su Wan. Su Wan is the same age as Ji Hoon, and is hired by Ji Hoon’s father to tutor him after school. After many quarrels and numerous instances of taking turn bullying each other, these two people who are as different as day and night find themselves caring for one another. KSW and KHN have amazing chemistry together. No wonder they later re-collaborate again in “Almost Love.” I got to get my hands on that movie now.

There are so many favorite moments, in which I was either laughing so hard or I was really engrossed in the storyline.

- I love all the fighting scenes – the choreography is really good as all of Ji Hoon’s fighting moves look realistic and graceful.

- The scene when Su Wan tries to eat Ji Hoon’s test score when he passed the exam because she has lost the bet to him and had to perform a dance in front of his school.

- The dance scene when Su Wan busted out her groves – who knew Kim Ha Nuel have it in her to move so sexily and wildly. And I love how you can see so vividly in Ji Hoon’s expression that he’s starting to develop feelings for Su Wan in this moment.

- The scene when Ji Hoon beats up the guy who broke Su Wan’s heart only to realize later that the reason why the guy rejected her because he was grooming to become a priest.

- The scene when Ji Hoon pissingly says to Su Wan, “STFU! It’s none of your business; do you know me? I know what I’m doing” in English because she kept meddling in his affairs was freakin’ hilarious!

- The scene when Ji Hoon professed his feelings for Su Wan when they were hang gliding up in the air.

- The scene towards the end when Su Wan kicks the gang boss in the nuts to protect Ji Hoon is a classic!

Overall, there aren’t any dull moments in this movie, and it is truly a must see favorite!

Default tOATALLY aGRREED

hEY THERE,,,,
    i AccidenTAlly GOT In to THiS thrEAD and i Kinda lIked it COS I reallY lIKE KSw,,,,Actually I GOt Into Ksw DUe tO oPPA SSh Since THEY ARE very GOOD FrIEnds,,,,n oMg .........I FOund HIm toTTally adoring<<<
    I waTHCED My tUTOR freeind N i totally agREE wITH u,,,Ksw Is AdOrAble In the MOVie,,,,,HiS attITUde WAs the THing That I realLy LIked In the movie,,,I SpecaILly Loved The part Where HE threatens KHN'S X bF TelliN hIM "WhO aRE u TO MAKE hEr CRy",,,,
    but I DDInt LIKE aLMOSt loVE WIth The CREEpy JAckie chAN HAirstYLE of kSW,<<HE IS a haNDSome actOr and should be portRAYEd lIKEWiSe iN my pOINT Of vIEw,,,,
    aveena jieunsung##3

Darlin,
    Your "Shift" keys seems to be stuck.

I really cant see Kwon Sang Woo doing comedy. I saw him in the one where he was a Pastor in training. He really look akward to me trying to do comedy with his fake smile etc. Just my opinion. I guess too used to seeing him in those serious dramas/movies.
    Last edited by oGaKirA; 01-28-08 at 06:50 AM.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Aveena View Post
    hEY THERE,,,,
    i AccidenTAlly GOT In to THiS thrEAD and i Kinda lIked it COS I reallY lIKE KSw,,,,Actually I GOt Into Ksw DUe tO oPPA SSh Since THEY ARE very GOOD FrIEnds,,,,n oMg .........I FOund HIm toTTally adoring<<<
    I waTHCED My tUTOR freeind N i totally agREE wITH u,,,Ksw Is AdOrAble In the MOVie,,,,,HiS attITUde WAs the THing That I realLy LIked In the movie,,,I SpecaILly Loved The part Where HE threatens KHN'S X bF TelliN hIM "WhO aRE u TO MAKE hEr CRy",,,,
    but I DDInt LIKE aLMOSt loVE WIth The CREEpy JAckie chAN HAirstYLE of kSW,<<HE IS a haNDSome actOr and should be portRAYEd lIKEWiSe iN my pOINT Of vIEw,,,,
    aveena jieunsung##3
    OMG, I'm feeling lightheaded after attempting to make sense of what you wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    Darlin,
    Your "Shift" keys seems to be stuck.
    look to your username, dear. wat' sup with the lower/higher case? for some reason, i hate writing out your name. i always encountered a "dyslexia" moment and typed out "okiga" instead.

I really cant see Kwon Sang Woo doing comedy. I saw him in the one where he was a Pastor in training. He really look akward to me trying to do comedy with his fake smile etc. Just my opinion. I guess too used to seeing him in those serious dramas/movies.
    Che...your opinion doesn't count until you actually see this movie. I highly recommend it!

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    look to your username, dear. wat' sup with the lower/higher case? for some reason, i hate writing out your name. i always encountered a "dyslexia" moment and typed out "okiga" instead.
    I like the up and downess.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    Che...your opinion doesn't count until you actually see this movie. I highly recommend it!
    yea yea yea....I'll come back after I watch it!
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    I like the up and downess.

i'm sure you're not exempt from top and bottom either.

yea yea yea....I'll come back after I watch it!
    i'll be waiting to say "i told you so"

Yeah, finsih wtching this movie yesterday... This movie is awesome but i think the one i dl is being cut in some part .. Is it about 1 hour 53 minutes..

I love the part when he fight.. nvr tot kwan sang woo can look so cool.. He act better in this movie compare to Love So Divine.. N the most hilirious part is when Kim Ha-neul kick the bad guys 'd1ck', wkaka...
    Love her in Romance even though the drama quite bored.. hehe.