Thread: Richard Clayderman?

Default Richard Clayderman?

Anyone listen to him? I grew up lsitening to him =P Although his piano pieces are really easy, I love the way he puts emotion into everything...and it is very "romantic".

My favourite is Mariage D'Amour...it seeems so tragic, and I could think of so many love stories on the top of my head that I could write for it (but of course I'm too lazy to execute them). But I LOOOOOOOOOVE playing that piece...

wow...we must have the same taste in music.
    I don't know the guy but I do have his Mariage D'Amour track. There are so many versions of that song tho.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by yearning View Post
    Anyone listen to him? I grew up lsitening to him =P Although his piano pieces are really easy, I love the way he puts emotion into everything...and it is very "romantic".
    Same here. I became a fan when I was 7 or 8, and when I started learning to play the piano, my goal was to play his pieces. I like most of them, but my most favourites would be Coup de Coeur, Princess Of The Desert and Triste Coeur. The way he plays them resonates well with the softer side of me.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Haha would that be the "feminine" side? =P

I watched a documentary on him once, and he mentioned that he did play classical music, a lot of it in the past, but he chose this type of music because it speaks more to his emotions. But he believes his classical training has served him well.

He's very popular in Mainland actually, and he's been there more than a couple of times.

Why doesn't he come to Canada? =(

He's like the "Richard Gere" of light romantic music haha (and no I do not think Richard Gere is great...just that middle-aged women seem to swoon to both of them.

I'm not a fan of his, just merely another listener of his pieces. I don't remember the titles but the pieces I listened to do sink me deep into moods :P

I like Kitaro's pieces. Neither can I consider myself as a fan of his, but I enjoy most of his pieces. Matsuri? Orochi? Heaven & Earth? Anyone?
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Haha would that be the "feminine" side? =P
    So is Candide really a girl or guy? STOP playing with my emotions!!!
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

I also grew up listening to him. And yeah, he makes serenading music out of those easy pieces.

I like his Ballade pour Adeline, Souvenirs d'Enfance, and A Comme Amour. But my absolute favorite is Coup de Coeur. Simply beatiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Jilly View Post
    But my absolute favorite is Coup de Coeur. Simply beatiful!
    Will you marry me?
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Hey, I played Richard Clayderman's pieces too! Those days, Richard Clayderman was a way for me to avoid (albeit temporarily) Chopin and his nocturnes!
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!