Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: E.U. 《学警狙击》

Thanks Lunar and SS. I think i'll check this series out. i'm a huge gangster drama fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    Thanks Lunar and SS. I think i'll check this series out. i'm a huge gangster drama fan
    Oh yeah. The world in this series is not always black and white, there's shades of grey.

There's like so many people from The Four in this series.

If only Berg Ng was in this series too, he would've rocked again as a undercover cop.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Oh yeah. The world in this series is not always black and white, there's shades of grey.

There's like so many people from The Four in this series.

If only Berg Ng was in this series too, he would've rocked again as a undercover cop.
    shades of grey.. nice. i like more complicated series. i def. going to buy the E.U. DVDs after finishing King of Snooker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    shades of grey.. nice. i like more complicated series. i def. going to buy the E.U. DVDs after finishing King of Snooker.
    king of snooker was a horrible series imo lol
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    king of snooker was a horrible series imo lol
    I watched 15 eps so far and i find its great. anyway, off topic. I'm looking forward to E.U..
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 05-17-09 at 02:54 AM.

I think the murkiness surrounding whether or not Ron was a true undercover is a product of his treatment of his brethren from the police academy. He had to disregard all ties he had with them in order to become successful. It was unavoidable, and prudent. Take Laughing Gor's treatment towards Wendy.
    It had to be done.

Just finish this series today, I find it enjoying. Well not to much of the younger couples, I enjoy the older couples story more. The gang part was exciting! Hah to the blog that was pretty lame lol.

I used to live up north but then it got freezing so i flew all the way down south..now it is boiling

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    click to show/hide spoilers

But the summary on dramawiki which is so filled with spoilers (whoever wrote it was dumb to include so many spoilers!), was confusing. I thought that when he was undercover, he really got fired and so the undercover and faking became real.
    The bad guys obviously knew that ron was a cop, so the firing from the police squad and the arguing with sammul would make his reason to join the triads more logical to the higher ups in the gang.

Just watched all 30 episodes in three days.

Here's a bit of my thought-analysis.
    I think 'Hau', Laughing and 'Sum' 's relationship was being tossed around too much...I would have thought 'Sum' wouldn't have accepted laughing again after he laid out the cards to her before...but I guess it does fit in, Sum being more of a sensitive person when it comes to relationships, and Laughing being all casual yet romantic.
    Speaking of those three, I'm kinda like "DOH" at Hau for not thinking that Laughing planted that microphone into Sum's Heart-shaped necklace, he's the one that gave the necklace to her afterall... Speaking of which, Laughing kinda killed Sum in a way....since the necklace was one of the driving forces in Hau thinking Sum was a spy.

Ron's hair definately had a huge improvement since the last series (and the one before). At the moment i'm wondering why he didn't translate that charming literacy on the blog to Yau-Yau in person... The blog was a bit cheesy, and the cops believing she was actually a princess was just stupid, however, I did like Yau-Yau's cheekyness but I'd prolly have wanted more screentime with Ron...It doesn't feel like they were that initimate in their relationship...on Yau-Yau's side atleast.
    Quick question regarding the last episode(ish) and Ron: I thought 'Laa Baa' (Literally translated as "Speaker", Ron's information feed/'bro') didn't know about him being undercover? Or did he coincidentally make it up just to move up the organisation?

Pak Kiu's (/sammul's) wife was just annoying, and I was thoroughly frustrated by the lack of mention of Fiona... I would have thought Pak Kiu would have atleast paid his respects to her once in the series or something, but nooo, just flashbacks!
    The only redeeming quality of Fa Yok Bou was her discussion with Pak Kiu in bed the night he found out Laughing was a cop, about the sister of the girl that died because she walked off the roof because of drugs becoming a cop from his influence.

Can't think of anything more to say at the moment but....
    Looking forward to the sequel (if there is one), although I wouldn't be too disappointed if they wrapped it up with this one, i guess..>.>

Oh, one more thing.
    Does anyone know the name of the song/who sings the song that goes on every now and again when Yau-Yau and Ron's relationship plot stirs up? Very much appreciated!
    Last edited by hyperlink989; 05-27-09 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Song thingo.
    meePiT

Quote Originally Posted by hyperlink989 View Post
    I was thoroughly frustrated by the lack of mention of Fiona... I would have thought Pak Kiu would have atleast paid his respects to her once in the series or something, but nooo, just flashbacks!
    He did mention her, but, that scene was cut. Clip of this scene was later put up on TVB website after fans requested for it. It's the scene where Pak Kiu taught Yeuk Bo swimming. After they finish training, they chat a bit and Pak Kiu mentioned Fiona there.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 05-27-09 at 08:33 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I used to live up north but then it got freezing so i flew all the way down south..now it is boiling

I see...I'll have to dig it up some time..

Found the song i was looking for: "手掌印, 江若琳"
    meePiT

Overall i was a bit disappointed with the series. I also hated how they ruined Laughing's character. Blah. Also the gangster cast and scenes (besides Laughing's character) felt too over-the-top and a bit cheesy.

Smile

I just finished this series and I loved Michael Tse's Laughing character! I think I've seen Michael Tse before in Dragon Love with Benny Chan and Fennie Yuen but he didn't make much of an impression on me in that series. But in EU, Michael absolutely shone!

I really enjoyed the Sum (Kathy Chow)-Laughing (Michael Tse)-Hau (Michael Miu) love triangle. I thought their story was much more interesting than Ron and Sammul's. I am a bit confused about Laughing's feelings for Sum, though. All throughout the series, I really thought Laughing truly had romantic feelings for Sum. I truly thought he held a torch for her for years. But then when Ron's character was reading Laughing's diaries after Laughing's death, it was hinted that Laughing pretended to have romantic affections for Sum. Now I'm confused.

a great series..after watched this series, i wish that i could watch the previous 2 installments..michael miu is a very good actor although i expect more romantic screen time between him and Chou Hoi Mei

Quote Originally Posted by Master Wong View Post
    a great series..after watched this series, i wish that i could watch the previous 2 installments..michael miu is a very good actor although i expect more romantic screen time between him and Chou Hoi Mei
    Yeah u should watch The academy and On the first beat. Both are really good. Focus more on Ron and Sammul then the 3rd one.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I really enjoyed the Sum (Kathy Chow)-Laughing (Michael Tse)-Hau (Michael Miu) love triangle. I thought their story was much more interesting than Ron and Sammul's. I am a bit confused about Laughing's feelings for Sum, though. All throughout the series, I really thought Laughing truly had romantic feelings for Sum. I truly thought he held a torch for her for years. But then when Ron's character was reading Laughing's diaries after Laughing's death, it was hinted that Laughing pretended to have romantic affections for Sum. Now I'm confused.
    In my opinion, I don't think it is hard to tell that Laughing is only pretending to have feelings for Sam Je to further his position in Jun Hing and especially to gain trust from Hau Go. It is evident, from scenes that show how much he truly loves his ex-girlfriend, Wendy. Even Sam Je acknowledges that Laughing's true love is Wendy and that she and Laughing are only good friends before he is plotted to be killed by Hau Go.