Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fighting Scenes!

And if u look through the related clips, there could be many other nice videos
    TaZzY InC

hahahahaha check out the bird-costume in ROCH83...
    TaZzY InC

The best choreographed fight scene in ROCH '83 (and there were many) was the fight between Yeung Gor and the Golden Wheel Monk not long after Wong Yung gave birth to Gwok Seung. It was Yeung Gor's sword vs. the Golden Wheel Monk's wheels, with Lee Mok Sau's presence posing an additional X-factor into the fight. I was really impressed by how well Andy Lau and Cheung Lui (the actor for the Golden Wheel Monk) handled their prop weapons. That was some truly skillful martial arts showmanship there (and yes, it was them and not their stunt doubles) by both of them, especially Lau in his manipulation of his prop sword. For a guy who isn't a martial artist by trade, that was very impressive.

The fight between Michelle Yeoh and Zhang Ziyi in CTHD.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

I uploaded this one. Enjoy:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=O1-1oVlN3KE
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    I uploaded this one. Enjoy:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=O1-1oVlN3KE
    Nice fight. At first I was wandering who that masked person was and then...dundundun! It turned out to be Huang Yaoshi, lol! So mysterious

Thanks for the videos. Made me realise that back then fighting had actual creativity and choreography involved and the actors actually had to learn some routines for the fights. Unlike now, the fighting is so simple, usually relying on computer work to expand on the simple combat moves that actors reuse and reuse over different series.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Nice fight. At first I was wandering who that masked person was and then...dundundun! It turned out to be Huang Yaoshi, lol! So mysterious
    I know it was such a great build up. I remember watching this the first time and it felt so cool to see him introduced like that. This Huang Yaoshi looks the most badass
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

This fight didn't happen in the LOCH novel (funny to see *me* writing that here), but it's one you wish had. Otherwise, in LOCH and ROCH, we never do see a direct North Beggar/East Heretic showdown.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    The fight between Michelle Yeoh and Zhang Ziyi in CTHD.
    You're right there.

Michelle Yeoh v Zhang Ziyi

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    This fight didn't happen in the LOCH novel (funny to see *me* writing that here), but it's one you wish had. Otherwise, in LOCH and ROCH, we never do see a direct North Beggar/East Heretic showdown.
    This is where TVB writers used their thinking caps when making changes not like these days where there's changes for the sake of changing.

nice but can you find YG with HIS vs the mongol warriors in ROCH 83?

After posting so much 80's clips, here's some newer ones!

Xiao Longnu Owns QZ at the beginning (ROCH06)
    YG and XLN vs. Master Gongsun (ROCH06)

The 80s generation wuxia fighters are like martial artists and rely on hand fight with minimal special effect whereas as current generation wuxia fighters are like magicians....
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 02-02-08 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    nice but can you find YG with HIS vs the mongol warriors in ROCH 83?
    Those were nothing special from a martial arts choreography point of view. Yeung Gor/Andy Lau just slashes the Heavy Iron Sword (prop) and the villains' weapons break. All the fights last about a second.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    This is where TVB writers used their thinking caps when making changes not like these days where there's changes for the sake of changing.
    In addition to this, the other "extra" fight that TVB worked into LOCH '82 that was really cool was the Kau Cheen Yan vs. the Cheun Jen 5 1/2 Disciples fight. That didn't happen in the novel either, but maybe it should have, since it was hella cool!

Xu Zhu VS. Jiumozhi @ Shaolin [DGSD 03]
    Linghu Chong fights [China XAJH 01]

And here's some from other series besides JY adaptations:

Twin of Brothers Fight
    Lethal Weapons Of Love And Passion
    Face To Fate

Out of all the recent TVB wuxia shows, I say 'Lethal Weapons' have the least CGI and has more hand-to-hand. So if anyone wants to watch a good wuxia show, please give it a try.

daayymmm...those clips bring back so many old memories lol...watching them now, the clips dont seem as cool as they used to ...
    and i remember that scene with 7G vs HYS....best fight scene imo in that series was when 7G took on MCF + wack of other fighters while poisoned....for some reason i had a feeling that MCF was going to win despite her admitting that the poison might not be enough to stop 7G....the MCF in that series was not only bad *** but scary as fack lol....
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

LOCH 2003, the 2nd half of the showdown between Huang Yaoshi, Guo Jing, Ke Zhen E, the Quanzhen 6 and Ouyang Feng, with the Jin flunkies, Qiu Qianren and Zhou Botong thrown in for good measure. The HYS-Q6-GJ fight's from the previous part of this episode, but the real tussles take place in this part. I recommend Ken watches this, for this is as good as reading the novel, so close it is to the text, even down to how Huang Rong tries to catch Zhou Botong's attention, or Huang Yaoshi protecting Ke Zhen E by knocking Peng Lianhu's judge pen out of his hand with Divine Flicking Finger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPVfQxt6s6M