Thread: HSDS Spoiler: Bare necessities

Default HSDS Spoiler: Bare necessities

If Yin Li wasn't dead when she was laid to rest, but returned later, how did she manage to survive without eating or drinking? Remember after she was "buried" Zhang Wuji cried and lost control of his poison, and had to spend a number of days concentrating it again in his dan tian, only after which could he then start to help to expel the poison from Zhou Zhiruo and Xie Xun. Then it's goodness knows how long until they leave the island. Even if we assume that Yin Li manages to wake up the moment they leave the island, how did she survive for so long?

She already woke up before Wuji and Zhiruo left the island. Because she overheard his conversation with Zhiruo when Zhiruo asked him if he would forgive her if she did anything wrong. And he told her she would never do anything wrong.

Also another clue is that on one occasion when he went back to her grave, he found her grave messed up and thot it was wild dogs. I think by then she had already crawled out from the grave, therefore the mess.

So she could find food well enough on her own on the island.

What was the final fate of Yin Li? I only watched the '86 adaptation so far and in that version she died on the island.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    What was the final fate of Yin Li? I only watched the '86 adaptation so far and in that version she died on the island.
    Frankly, accurate to the novel or not, that's probably the best fate for Chu-yee/Yan Lei. Aside from certain very specific circumstances in some fantasy stories, resurrection of the dead is a really hokey plot device and smacks of desperation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Frankly, accurate to the novel or not, that's probably the best fate for Chu-yee/Yan Lei. Aside from certain very specific circumstances in some fantasy stories, resurrection of the dead is a really hokey plot device and smacks of desperation.
    It's accurate to the early versions of HSDS but JY changed it so YL returned to China in order to scare ZZR. I just want to know what happened to her after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    It's accurate to the early versions of HSDS but JY changed it so YL returned to China in order to scare ZZR. I just want to know what happened to her after that.
    For HSDS2000, She reunited with her dad and was starting to patch things up with her dad. I don't know about the novel itself.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

My source is the 2nd edition novel.

Yin Li survived, returned to haunt Zhou Zhiruo. Eventually Zhiruo and Wuji put up an act where she pretended to want to kill him and Zhao Min, forcing Yin Li to reveal herself. However, she told Wuji that after she realised Zeng Ah Niu was Zhang Wuji on the island, she said that it is not true. He is not Zhang Wuji. Zhang Wuji went "huh?". She said her Zhang Wu Ji is the young boy who was fierce to her and would not listen to her and even bit her. So the present person in front of her is not him. Therefore she is going to continue searching for him. And she promptly left. That's the last we see of her.

1986 version covered this scene pretty closely.

2000 one had a "reunion" between Yin Li and father.

2003 had a similar one to the book.

Of the 3, I thought the Yin Li closest to the book was acted out in 1986. She brought out the eccentricities and slightly unbalanced psyche of Yin Li well.

2000 was too cutesy and girly.

2003 was too composed and too in command of herself and emotions. (but she was the prettiest)

Quote Originally Posted by babyblues View Post
    My source is the 2nd edition novel.

Yin Li survived, returned to haunt Zhou Zhiruo. Eventually Zhiruo and Wuji put up an act where she pretended to want to kill him and Zhao Min, forcing Yin Li to reveal herself. However, she told Wuji that after she realised Zeng Ah Niu was Zhang Wuji on the island, she said that it is not true. He is not Zhang Wuji. Zhang Wuji went "huh?". She said her Zhang Wu Ji is the young boy who was fierce to her and would not listen to her and even bit her. So the present person in front of her is not him. Therefore she is going to continue searching for him. And she promptly left. That's the last we see of her.

1986 version covered this scene pretty closely.

2000 one had a "reunion" between Yin Li and father.

2003 had a similar one to the book.

Of the 3, I thought the Yin Li closest to the book was acted out in 1986. She brought out the eccentricities and slightly unbalanced psyche of Yin Li well.

2000 was too cutesy and girly.

2003 was too composed and too in command of herself and emotions. (but she was the prettiest)
    In the version of 86 I have, Yin Li doesn't appear. After Zhao Min reunites with Zhang Wuji, Zhou Zhiruo runs off, and the next scene is dusk in Shaolin and ZZR sitting beside Xie Xun's pit.

Actually, what are the divergences between 86 and the book? Other than some condensations in time and setting of scenes in more easily budgeted locales, it's been pretty ruddy close to the novel so far, including the little details (check out the lovely taiji fight).

can i share this video with everyone. it's just mtv version of the theme song but i find it hilarious for the characterisation of Zhang Wu Ji. He is like super player in the mtv. Btw, Michelle Yim would have been a gorgeous Zhao Min.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DYlQNnueFw

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Actually, what are the divergences between 86 and the book? Other than some condensations in time and setting of scenes in more easily budgeted locales, it's been pretty ruddy close to the novel so far, including the little details (check out the lovely taiji fight).
    Off the top of my head:-

There were only two Kongdong elders instead of five.
    There was no Kunlun/Huashan double team round at Brightness Peak, nor the ambush technique used by the Huashan leader Chunyu Tong.
    Yin Li dies and never comes back at the end.

There were several versions of the book as well, so I'm using the most common 2nd edition. The 79 version had a lot of changes, and they were so drastic I can only assume that the 1st edition was written like that, with Zhao Ming dying and all that.