Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hap Hak Hang 俠客行

Default hap hak hung...

i was just wonderin if anybody know the lady's name who was stabbed almost at the end of the series... she was tied to a tree... then killed by one of the bad guys tryin to free herself....

um...do you know the name of the series...it would be a big help if you did!
    loving [BOSCO WONG!!!] + Prince@BBT *muah!

Fav actoR: bosco wong, prince
    Fav actresseS: LYF, Bernice Liu
    SingerS: Lollipop, vincent wong

currently watching: WOIL2, Ultimate Crime Fighter

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by KantopunK...xD
    um...do you know the name of the series...it would be a big help if you did!
    Hap Hak Hang is the name of the series. But if you want a translated name of the book of which it adapted then it's Ode To Gallantry.

Default Hap Hak Hang 俠客行

As far as I know, this is probably the only adaptation of Ode To Gallantry so far so I decided to give this a try. I thought Shi Potian is the main character but it seems like he has a twin in here. Is this material added in by TVB?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    As far as I know, this is probably the only adaptation of Ode To Gallantry so far so I decided to give this a try. I thought Shi Potian is the main character but it seems like he has a twin in here. Is this material added in by TVB?
    Shi PoTian and his brother Shi ZhongYu are two years apart. They're not suppose to be twins, but TVB's deviation from the novel. They also watered down Shi ZhongYu's character too and gave him more screen time than Shi PoTian.

No, This is not the only adaptation of Ode to Gallantry in existence. Mainland China has made an adaptation a few years back (most recent adaptation in years).

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ts60.com/pic/1176957655.jpg')
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Shi PoTian and his brother Shi ZhongYu are two years apart. They're not suppose to be twins, but TVB's deviation from the novel. They also watered down Shi ZhongYu's character too and gave him more screen time than Shi PoTian.

No, This is not the only adaptation of Ode to Gallantry in existence. Mainland China has made an adaptation a few years back (most recent adaptation in years).

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ts60.com/pic/1176957655.jpg')
    Oh, thanks SS. I guess I'll just watch this series if it's not that bad. What do you think of this series?

The Tony Leung version looks good. I wish TVB will release it on dvd with English subtitles soon.

I thought Tony's Hap Hak Hang was mediocre. TVB really butchered this adaptation. It just seems like Tony was reprising his role as Xiao Yu Er through his portrayal of Shi ZhongYu and Shi PoTian reminded me much of Zhang Wu Ji.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I thought Tony's Hap Hak Hang was mediocre. TVB really butchered this adaptation. It just seems like Tony was reprising his role as Xiao Yu Er through his portrayal of Shi ZhongYu and Shi PoTian reminded me much of Zhang Wu Ji.
    Nods...I agree with you 100 percent. Those are the exact characters I thought he was portraying in those two roles.

As far as an adaptation to a novel, this is one of the most pathetic version in terms of faithfulness.

There was also a Taiwan version in the 80s starring Max Mok and Zhao something.
    Last edited by Felix; 02-03-08 at 03:30 AM.

Agree with Felix and Suet Seung. But instead of Xiao Yu-er, I thought Tony was playing Wei Xiao Bao and Zhang Wu Ji in Hap Hak Hang.

I've seen part of the Taiwan version in tudou. In terms of faithfulness, the Mainland version is still the most faithful. The Taiwan one also changes quite a lot of the plot but still not as much as Hap Hak Hang. I quite like the Taiwan one. It expand the plot for Shi Zhong Yu and Xie Yan Ke, but doesn't reduce the screentime of Shi Po Tian.

As a standalone series, Hap Hak Hang is actually quite an enjoyable series if u enjoy watching Xiao Yu-er and Wei Xiao Bao. I prefer Shi Po Tian in the series though, so, it's not as fun for me.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-03-08 at 11:34 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Agree with Felix and Suet Seung. But instead of Xiao Yu-er, I thought Tony was playing Wei Xiao Bao and Zhang Wu Ji in Hap Hak Hang.

I've seen part of the Taiwan version in tudou. In terms of faithfulness, the Mainland version is still the most faithful. The Taiwan one also changes quite a lot of the plot but still not as much as Hap Hak Hang. I quite like the Taiwan one. It expand the plot for Shi Zhong Yu and Xie Yan Ke, but doesn't reduce the screentime of Shi Zhong Yu.

As a standalone series, Hap Hak Hang is actually quite an enjoyable series if u enjoy watching Xiao Yu-er and Wei Xiao Bao. I prefer Shi Po Tian in the series though, so, it's not as fun for me.
    Now that you mentioned it, Kidd, yes, I do see a parallel with Shi ZhongYu and Wei Xiao Bo. Right on the dot, Kidd.

Do you mean it doesn't reduce the screentime of "Shi Po Tian" not Zhong Yu?
    Heh, I don't pay much attention to series with Max Mok in it and thus explains why I don't know about the Taiwanese version.

Who's Xie Yan Ke again?

Do you mean it doesn't reduce the screentime of "Shi Po Tian" not Zhong Yu?
    Oops. Yeah, you are right. My mistake. I'll go edit it now.

Heh, I don't pay much attention to series with Max Mok in it and thus explains why I don't know about the Taiwanese version.
    Me neither. But, I'm a Shi Po Tian fan. So, I pay attention to all Xia Ke Xing adaptations.

Who's Xie Yan Ke again?
    He's the guy who brought Shi Po Tian up to Mo Tian Ya and kept him there because Shi Po Tian refused to beg him.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-03-08 at 11:39 AM.

He's the guy who brought Shi Po Tian up to Mo Tian Ya and kept him there because Shi Po Tian refused to beg him.
    Oh! I know who now.

What I find odd about Tony's version--is the guy in blue that befriends Shi ZhongYu and saves his group a few times, and eventually at the end, he follows Shi Zhong Yu and his wives. What the heck? I don't get that guy.

What I find odd about Tony's version--is the guy in blue that befriends Shi ZhongYu and saves his group a few times, and eventually at the end, he follows Shi Zhong Yu and his wives. What the heck? I don't get that guy.
    Who is the guy in blue? I've no recollection of him. Care to refresh my memory?

How many episodes does this have? The version I got have 13 but they're longer than 45 minutes.

Who is the guy in blue? I've no recollection of him. Care to refresh my memory?
    Hmm...He's the guy whose quite a perv and ladies' man. Try to remember Kidd, He's the guy that you find often following or rather on the journey with Shi Zhong Yu and his lady friends. I think his surname was Bai(Bak) I'm not sure. I think he had a nickname of being a Flower Thief or something? I watched HHH a long time ago, so I'm not quite clear on that.

Oh, I remember him liao. Thanks.

Sorry Tommy, I don't remember how many episodes the series has.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-03-08 at 12:36 PM.

Oh, I remember him liao. Thanks.
    Okay....Well do you know the purpose of him in the story? I just thought it was odd that he followed the group everywhere and decided to stay with them later when the series was ending. I seriously, don't know why he's there or why a character like him would actually stick to Shi Zhong Yu and his wives. If somebody understands why, please do explain.

Well, I never thought of this question. I just took it for granted that he found a good buddy in Shi Zhong Yu and decided to stick with him like how Hu Tie Hua stick with Chu Liu Xiang.

I have a feeling that this character is derived from Tian Bo Guang.

I watched up to the part when Dong'er falls into the valley and meets the old guy. This part of the series is so similar to ROCH...did the scriptwriters copy ROCH?