Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: microsoft just bought yahoo for like 44 billions!

Default microsoft just bought yahoo for like 44 billions!

woah!
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

good to hear but it doesn't affect me since i don't own microsoft o yahoo stock lol....

Why am I not surprised
    내가 황제라면, 모든 단어에 의미를 부여하기 위해 사전을 만드는 일 부터 시작할 것이다.

AkA: strife_au in the old mythic golden era of SPCNET pre-2007... Pioneer and architect of chaos... The legend lives.

monopolizing, i don't like apple, but they better be more agressive or else we'll pay a couple thousand dollars for window really soon.

Microsoft did not buy Yahoo for 44 billions. So far, it's only a bid. Yahoo still looking over the offer.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

if i were yahoo shareholders, i'd totally sell. the offer is just insanely high.

but i don't got any yahoo shares

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

next takeover: Google, after that its hell on earth
    after that, everything not working anymore accept access by IE and Outlook
    All hail the gates, let us all marching to the Hot Gates (spoofing 300)

OH NO! Gates better not turn Yahoo into Yahell!!...FOr Real!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

as CrazyT said, it's an unsolicited bid by Microsoft at a very attractive price.

Personally I don't want the takeover to succeed because of the ramifications of what Microsoft will do to the Internet if it get its way. Google is very concerned with this merger (and they should).

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    OH NO! Gates better not turn Yahoo into Yahell!!...FOr Real!
    Lol..I doubt it.. Gates is leaving Microsoft at end of June.
    but yeah the new company should be called Microhoo

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Default Updated News

Source: http://money.cnn.com

The Wall Street Journal has reported that Yahoo plans to reject Microsoft's takeover bid, saying it 'massively undervalues' the company.

(Fortune) -- Yahoo plans to reject Microsoft's $44.6 billion takeover bid, the Wall Street Journal reported Saturday, citing a person familiar with the situation.The source, according to the paper, said Yahoo's board believes Microsoft's offer of $31 per share "massively undervalues" the company and does not account for the risk that a deal could be blocked by regulators.The source also said that the company is unlikely to consider any offer below $40 per share, according to the paper. Such a premium would increase the value of the takeover offer by $12 billion. Microsoft would not comment to Fortune on the report.

On Feb. 1, Microsoft (MSFT, Fortune 500) made an unsolicited $44.6 billion cash and stock bid for Yahoo (YHOO, Fortune 500). The bid represented a 62% premium over Yahoo stock price one day earlier. A Microsoft-Yahoo combination would create a powerful number two player in the online search business, which Google commands. It would also be one of the biggest tech deals in years, on a par with Hewlett-Packard's $25 billion acquisition of Compaq in 2002.
    Both Microsoft and Yahoo have fallen far behind Google in the lucrative field of Internet search. Yahoo's earnings and share of the online search market have badly trailed Google.

Google reigns over 58.4% of the U.S. search market, while Yahoo has 22.9% and Microsoft's share is just 9.8%, according to comScore.
    The combined forces of Microsoft and Yahoo would also make a stronger force in online display advertising - the type of targeted banner ads that Yahoo is known for. Soon after the bid was announced, Google (GOOG, Fortune 500) issued a statement against the deal, saying in a letter that the combination would pose significant competitiveness issues. At issue: The "overwhelming share of instant messaging and web e-mail accounts."

Microsoft shares have lost 12% since Jan. 31, closing Friday at $28.56. Yahoo shares have gained 52%, to $29.20.

If Yahoo does dig in its heels, the question will be whether Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has the stomach to pursue a hostile takeover of Yahoo, a move that would likely involve a drawn out campaign to oust the Internet pioneer's board.

Microsoft's hidden motto is: 'If we can't do it .....we'll buy someone who can!'
    The US Anti-trust folks might have something to say if Microsoft really gets serious about a take-over.

Oh? The takeover has yet to happen? Wheeee~

I have been a Yahoo-er for the last errrr 7 years odd (yet to feel the itch to leave even :P). It has its problems, like bugs, chatroom bots and stuff. But I still enjoy using the system, and the smileys aren't as irritating =p.

u4ria, Microhoo? LOL Nice one. Well, Gates has tainted Microsoft or vice versa. Both are just as bad.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    Microsoft's hidden motto is: 'If we can't do it .....we'll buy someone who can!'
    The US Anti-trust folks might have something to say if Microsoft really gets serious about a take-over.
    Not only Microsoft, but all big companies buy smaller companies that had produced competing products that were better than the ones that they had created. Google bought youtube, Doubleclick, Deja.com, and many other unknown smaller companies. Oracle acquired BEA Systems, Siebel Systems, PeopleSoft, and 20+ companies. Apple purchased Final Cut software from Macromedia, which the company later got bought by Adobe.

seem like AOL want to "join" with Yahoo so Microsoft won't bother yahoo!...
    http://ukpress.google.com/article/AL...ko34YzxgG3-B5w

Looks like Microsoft is not pursuing Yahoo anymore (for now). I think Yahoo is in trouble (profit-wise and share-wise) and will eventually be swallowed up by Microsoft or another corporate behemoth.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/biztech/h...839496549.html

anybody want to tell me how come MS want to buy Yahoo......

Quote Originally Posted by SkyKing View Post
    anybody want to tell me how come MS want to buy Yahoo......
    Google!

青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44 View Post
    Google!

lol....u telling me to google the answer or google is the reason tat MS want to buy yahoo.....lol....