Thread: Does one need higher internal power to wipe out the internal power of another?

Default Does one need higher internal power to wipe out the internal power of another?

Does someone need a higher internal power base in order for him to effectively destroy the internal of another person [through the pressure point somewhere on the head]?

For example, could Xiao Feng wipe out Sweeper's internal power with his inferior internal?

Excellent question! I assume you mean to ask about situations where internal energy is destroyed, but the person remains alive, right? I don't know about wiping it out through a pressure point on the head; the only case in which I've read about that happening (in JY that is) is when WCY surprised OYF and destroyed his accumulated HMG internal energy by using the combination of Xiantian and Yiyangzi. But here's some other examples:

Wiping out energy via Beiming Shengong: NO, you do not need to have more internal energy. Duan Yu sucked people dry when they had higher internal energy than him.

Wiping out energy via Xixing Dafa: PROBABLY NO, you do not need to have more internal energy; this is for the same reason as above. LHC drained Hei Baizi dry without having any internal energy; however, he himself, on the other hand, had the internal energy of many other martial artists in him. But overall, I would say, probably no.

Wiping out energy via Huagong Dafa: PROBABLY YES, you do need to have more internal energy. I base this solely on the fact that Ding Chunqiu never wiped out the internal energy of anyone more powerful than him; moreover, he never even tried to do so with it. When he fought with You Tanzhi, he realized that You Tanzhi's internal energy was considerably more profound than his own, which was the only reason why You Tanzhi was proving problematic, yet did not try to utilize his Huagong Dafa. Consequently, the logical explanation is that he was unable to.

Wiping out energy via superior crushing internal energy: YES, you do need to have more internal energy, and even then, it seems uncertain. There are two ways in which this can happen. The first is the Linghu Chong way; competing energy streams in his bodies battle each other and his own internal energy was destroyed in the battle. The second way is by crushing/damaging their meridians, which means you would definitely need to have more internal energy than them. Early on in ROCH, it was commented that when Daerba saw the bodies of his disciples (whose meridians had been completely flattened by the competing energies of HQG and OYF), he felt that even his own master, Jinlun Guoshi, wouldn't have been able to generate such powerful internal energy. Consequently, it seems that this way is not a very effective way of destroying internal energy, but the former, as far as we know, requires multiple streams of internal energy which battle each other.

Wiping out energy via poison: NO. There are several examples of this in JY's books; for example, in XAJH, Yue Buqun's internal energy was no longer as pure and profound as it had been before he came into contact with the (relatively minor, and mostly mischievious) poison of the Five Sylph Sect. In YTTLJ, the 'Shi Xiang Ruan Jin San' could be used to indefinitely surpress the internal energies of fighters unless it was forced out, or unless an antidote was taken.

So there you have it. It seems that unless you have some sort of poison, or special internal energy absorption/destruction technique, it's actually quite difficult to destroy someone's internal energy while keeping them alive!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    I don't know about wiping it out through a pressure point on the head
    Well, not exactly a pressure point. I remember watching several wuxia series where the people "palm" themselves in their head and lose their whole internal power (but they don't die). In HSDS86, Xie Xun wiped out all his internal energy after blinding Cheng Kun by "palming" his head. So did XX's palm attack destroy his own meridians, hence wiping out his cultivation of internal energy?

BTW have you watched a series where the Master finds out his disciple is doing something evil so he wants to wipe out his or her's internal power? This is the type of scenario I'm thinking of. What if the disciple is stronger?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    BTW have you watched a series where the Master finds out his disciple is doing something evil so he wants to wipe out his or her's internal power? This is the type of scenario I'm thinking of. What if the disciple is stronger?
    As long as the disciple is not overwhemlingly stronger, AND he lets the master do it, the master can wipe out his kung fu base.

In Fong Sai Yuk II (1993), Chen Jialuo destroyed Fang Shiyu's kung fu base by disabling his tendons.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Wiping out energy via Huagong Dafa: PROBABLY YES, you do need to have more internal energy. I base this solely on the fact that Ding Chunqiu never wiped out the internal energy of anyone more powerful than him; moreover, he never even tried to do so with it. When he fought with You Tanzhi, he realized that You Tanzhi's internal energy was considerably more profound than his own, which was the only reason why You Tanzhi was proving problematic, yet did not try to utilize his Huagong Dafa. Consequently, the logical explanation is that he was unable to.
    It would be quite sad if Huagong Dafa only worked on weaker opponents, b/c if he's weaker, you can win just using regular techniques, what's the point of going through all the trouble to turn yourself into a half-assed poison-relying otherwise-I'm-crippled biatch?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    It would be quite sad if Huagong Dafa only worked on weaker opponents, b/c if he's weaker, you can win just using regular techniques, what's the point of going through all the trouble to turn yourself into a half-assed poison-relying otherwise-I'm-crippled biatch?
    Yes, I actually just realized that myself when I was thinking about HGDF in my mind. But several times in the story, DCQ meets with opponents who have greater internal energy, but not in a single instance does he ever use his HGDF; only against weaker fighters. Against YTZ, for example; YTZ's technique was crap, his internal energy was tremendous. The logical answer would be to destroy his internal energy, right? Why not, then?

Many of DCQ's skills seem relatively useless against people with high internal power; Xu Zhu, for example, was completely immune to DCQ's poisons.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    As long as the disciple is not overwhemlingly stronger, AND he lets the master do it, the master can wipe out his kung fu base.

In Fong Sai Yuk II (1993), Chen Jialuo destroyed Fang Shiyu's kung fu base by disabling his tendons.
    I thought about disabling tendons, but in JY, we can look at Qiu Qianchi. Her tendons were destroyed, but consequently, her internal energy actually increased profoundly, since that was the only type of martial arts she could work on.

Destroying someone's tendons only immobilize them and disallow them to execute techniques. They can still keep their internal power. I think the "palming" head moments I've seen in series are actually the destroying of the meridians as mentioned before by Ren Wo Xing. But why would they attack the head? Are all the meridians liked to the head? Wouldn't it kill that person as well if their head is damaged?

http://www.acupuncture.com/education/points/du/du20.htm

Bai hui, DU 20
    Crossing point on the DU Vessel with the six Yang Meridians

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    http://www.acupuncture.com/education/points/du/du20.htm

Bai hui, DU 20
    Crossing point on the DU Vessel with the six Yang Meridians
    Oh, so that's why they attack the head. They're aiming for that pressure point. Wouldn't they die anyways if hit on the head?

And just out of curiosity, where is the Death Point?