Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: If TVB produces a new ROCH who would fit all the roles?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo07 View Post
    Yeung Gor - Raymond Lam
    Siu Long Nui - Selena Li
    Kwok Jing - Felix Wong
    Wong Yung - Maggie Siu
    Thats really interesting. I think her acting is too raw to pull it off, maybe i'm wrong. Plus, I don't think she is pretty enough, thats just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted View Post
    I agree here. Leila doesn't have the voice, charisma, nor the exotic look of XLN. No offense, but Linda is just not pretty enough. ALl of the current TVBV Siu Fa, I noticed are pretty and cute but once they put on the ancient costume they just can't cut it. Linda, Leila, Bernice, Yumiko, man they all look terrible in ancient clothing. Haven't really seen Kate Tsui nor Niki Chow, maybe they can make it work. Only one I have seen that actually looks better in ancient clothing is Tavia Yeung. I think Tavia or Kate Tsui might be the best bet. Niki Chow is really pretty but I don't think her voice fits, its just too low.
    TVB fa dans are not ugly but they just don't have that XLN type of look, if you know what I mean. The closest one that I can choose to cast as XLN is Leila Tong.

Thats really interesting. I think her acting is too raw to pull it off, maybe i'm wrong. Plus, I don't think she is pretty enough, thats just my opinion though.
    i think her figure being skinny compare to other tvb fa dans makes her a candidate. As for her looks i agree she is only so-so.

how about kenneth ma for yang guo? i think he can pull off the funny side of yang guo.
    问世间,情是何物,直教生死相许?
    Lim Yo Hwan FIGHTING!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinton View Post
    i think her figure being skinny compare to other tvb fa dans makes her a candidate. As for her looks i agree she is only so-so.

how about kenneth ma for yang guo? i think he can pull off the funny side of yang guo.
    I don't think Kenneth Ma has that clever look. YG got his street smarts from from Yeung Hong, and Andy Lau really had that look. Kenneth doesn't strike me as that type of guy.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

i vote Adam Cheng for Yeung Gor, he's a handsome man even though his age is a bit old, but that doesn't matter
    how many celeb that edc have slept with???Who have the answer will get a prize from me

Quote Originally Posted by edisonchen View Post
    i vote Adam Cheng for Yeung Gor, he's a handsome man even though his age is a bit old, but that doesn't matter
    thats an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    You dig up Felix Wong from wherever he's hiding these days, offer him whatever money he wants, and get him into Makeup and Costuming to be fitted for costumes to play the older Gwok Jing.
    yeah I would love that to happen

xln: ella koon
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

why don't Andy Lau play YG then
    Adam Cheng could play GWM

Adam Cheng would be great for any flashback sequences involving Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung. It'd be the first time that TVB casts an actor for Wong Chung Yeung who can actually carry the part.

isn't TVB blacklisted from making any more JY stories because they don't follow the book or just because the results is too bad.

Im currently watching an old TVB series with Ekin Cheng as a young Wong Chung Yeung that's all fiction made by TVB but it's quite funny

for GJ and HR they should get past actors who played them in the past. e.g. Felix Wong, Julian Cheung, Athena Chu (not barbara yung since she's not alive).

Quote Originally Posted by KeongJai View Post
    for GJ and HR they should get past actors who played them in the past. e.g. Felix Wong, Julian Cheung, Athena Chu (not barbara yung since she's not alive).
    Julian and Athena should be the right age to play older HR and GJ. The only problem is, they look a lot younger than their real age.

Like everyone else, I too cannot think of a right actress from TVB who can play XLN. Tavia is a great actress. She definitely can get the personality, charisma, facial expression and bearing down pat. She can play a gentle lady very well. The problem is only her look. Yes, she looks more beautiful in ancient clothing than in modern clothing, but she's still not beautiful enough to play XLN.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-14-08 at 04:11 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

but HR is supposed to be hot anyway so athena would still be ok I guess.

yeah not sure who's can be xln. all the good actresses are too old to play her now.

i vote for ella koon for xln. Ella Koon is hot
    how many celeb that edc have slept with???Who have the answer will get a prize from me

i vote for ella koon for xln. Ella Koon is hot
    she's more GF type

Yang Guo - Raymond Lam
    Xiao Ling Nv - ?
    Guo Jing - Joe Ma
    Huang Rong - Sonija Kwok
    Last edited by kidd; 02-14-08 at 08:21 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Not only do they have to get the casting of YG and XLN right but also the supporting characters like the 4 greats, ZBT, & Li Mo Chou. That's why the 83 version was the best as they were able to get the casting right down to a tee!
    Have you come here to play Jesus?

She can portray the cold & innocent characteristics of XLN better than most actresses. She's not stunningly beautiful but she looks great in ancient series & that's why she would be a better candidate than Tavia or Leila.
    Have you come here to play Jesus?

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Julian and Athena should be the right age to play older HR and GJ. The only problem is, they look a lot younger than their real age.

Like everyone else, I too cannot think of a right actress from TVB who can play XLN. Tavia is a great actress. She definitely can get the personality, charisma, facial expression and bearing down pat. She can play a gentle lady very well. The problem is only her look. Yes, she looks more beautiful in ancient clothing than in modern clothing, but she's still not beautiful enough to play XLN.

i completely agree with you.
    tavia is not pretty enough to play xln.
    i think nowadays no tvb actress actually can beat idy chanīs and carman leeīs performance as xln.

iīd love to see athena and julian as hr and gj one more time.
    Beautiful and deadly, she is a true descendant of dragon. Fighting for the forces of right and justice, she leaves a series of broken bodies and broken hearts wherever she goes.