Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: If TVB produces a new ROCH who would fit all the roles?

Default If TVB produces a new ROCH who would fit all the roles?

i donīt know if thatīs the correct place for this thread but i was just wondering.

WHO would fit all the leading roles and supporting roles?
    i think mimi lo would fit as GF, doesnīt she?
    but for XLN i really donīt know
    Beautiful and deadly, she is a true descendant of dragon. Fighting for the forces of right and justice, she leaves a series of broken bodies and broken hearts wherever she goes.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

uhm, shouldnt this go to TVB forums?

well for me i think
    Raymond Lam as Yang Guo
    Myolie Wu or Leila Tong as Xiao Long Nu

i dont think leila or Myeolie is pretty enough to be Long Nu ... i mean the only actress right now in TVB that i think is pretty is Gigi lai. But she doesn't look that young to be xiao long nu. Maybe Linda Chung because she looks innocent like LYF, but her acting is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    i dont think leila or Myeolie is pretty enough to be Long Nu ... i mean the only actress right now in TVB that i think is pretty is Gigi lai. But she doesn't look that young to be xiao long nu. Maybe Linda Chung because she looks innocent like LYF, but her acting is horrible.
    Linda Chung is just not that popular, mostly a lot of people doesn't even know who she is, even i dont know who she is. We need someone that is young and pretty, and Leila is young and pretty too.

You dig up Felix Wong from wherever he's hiding these days, offer him whatever money he wants, and get him into Makeup and Costuming to be fitted for costumes to play the older Gwok Jing.

Quote Originally Posted by akayami djiho View Post
    i donīt know if thatīs the correct place for this thread but i was just wondering.

WHO would fit all the leading roles and supporting roles?
    i think mimi lo would fit as GF, doesnīt she?
    but for XLN i really donīt know
    XLN? Bernice looks good to me...
    QD: i don't see any person with TVB that got the "QD" looking but Sam Chan is pretty goodlooking enough.....

I thought TVB was ban from making any Jin Yong adaptions? But if somehow they were to make an adaption of ROCH, I'd like to see Leila Tong as Guo Xiang and probably Selena Li as Guo Fu.

Raymond lam gets my vote for YG, but I don't see any actress from TVB pulling off XLN. I agree with Ken, seeing Felix as a older GJ would be so awesome.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

I made a thread like this for ALL JY material in the Wuxia forum. But I guess I'll post my preference here.

Raymond Lam as Yang Guo
    Leila Tong as Xiao Longnu
    Felix Wong as Guo Jing
    Michelle Yim as Huang Rong

i diffinitely agree with bogeyman's recommendations with Raymond Lam as Yang Guo, Leila Tong as Xiao Longnu, Felix Wong as Guo Jing, Michelle Yim as Huang Rong. i think another great candidate for guo jing is damien lau. his performance with michelle in hsds 2000 deserves a mention =D
    问世间,情是何物,直教生死相许?
    Lim Yo Hwan FIGHTING!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinton View Post
    i diffinitely agree with bogeyman's recommendations with Raymond Lam as Yang Guo, Leila Tong as Xiao Longnu, Felix Wong as Guo Jing, Michelle Yim as Huang Rong. i think another great candidate for guo jing is damien lau. his performance with michelle in hsds 2000 deserves a mention =D
    Damian "Luk Siu Fung" Lau, eh? He might be a bit long in the tooth for even the older Gwok Jing of ROCH these days, but I could see him as perhaps East Heretic Wong Yerk See or perhaps Yau Chui Gei.

Yeong Gor - Raymond Lam Fung
    XLN - Vivian Chow
    Guo Cheng - Felix Wong
    Wong Yung - Michelle Yim (Mai Suet)

I don't think anyone in TVB can pull off XLN. Gillian Chung on the other hand, might just have enough beauty to pull it off.

Gillian Chung as XLN
    Raymond Lam as YG
    Amy Chan as Older HR
    Felix Wong Older GJ

how hot would that be?
    Last edited by i_fotted; 02-12-08 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jirehmy View Post
    Yeong Gor - Raymond Lam Fung
    XLN - Vivian Chow
    Guo Cheng - Felix Wong
    Wong Yung - Michelle Yim (Mai Suet)
    XLN is supposed to be 16ish. Vivian Chow is in her 40s. I'm the biggest Vivian Fan in the world, and even I think thats impossible.

Mimi Lo - Guo Fu
    Raymond Lam or Bosco Wong - Yang Guo
    Felix Wong - Guo Jing
    Leila Tong - Guo Xiang
    Beautiful and deadly, she is a true descendant of dragon. Fighting for the forces of right and justice, she leaves a series of broken bodies and broken hearts wherever she goes.

Quote Originally Posted by kandie View Post
    Linda Chung is just not that popular, mostly a lot of people doesn't even know who she is, even i dont know who she is. We need someone that is young and pretty, and Leila is young and pretty too.
    Linda Chung is also young and pretty.

Leila is young and pretty. But, if she's to act as XLN, please dub her voice. She played a XLN type of character in Twin of Brothers and gosh, that's one of her poorest act I've seen. I think it's partly because of the way she speaks. It's hard to describe. Tomboyish is the best I can think of. It's just not graceful. The moment she speaks, all the gentle fairylike image her look gave off vanish to thin air. (I'm not bias. I actually watch Twin of Brothers for her and was disappointed).

Linda, on the other hand, has a really sweet ladylike voice. Plus, she has a very pure look, like someone who is 不食人间烟火.

If I have to choose between Leila or Linda as XLN, I'll choose Linda.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-13-08 at 08:39 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Yeung Gor - Raymond Lam
    Siu Long Nui - Selena Li
    Kwok Jing - Felix Wong
    Wong Yung - Maggie Siu
    Have you come here to play Jesus?

Quote Originally Posted by Quinton View Post
    Damian & Michelle would have been great choices about ten years ago, but they're too old now. Guo Jing & Huang Rong are about in their mid-30s in ROCH. If only they had played those characters in the Louis Koo version!
    Have you come here to play Jesus?

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Linda Chung is also young and pretty.

Leila is young and pretty. But, if she's to act as XLN, please dub her voice. She played a XLN type of character in Twin of Brothers and gosh, that's one of her poorest act I've seen. I think it's partly because of the way she speak. It's hard to describe. Tomboyish is the best I can think of. It's just not graceful. The moment she speaks, all the gentle fairylike image her look gave off vanish to thin air. (I'm not bias. I actually watch Twin of Brothers for her and was disappointed).

Linda, on the other hand, has a really sweet ladylike voice. Plus, she has a very pure look, like someone who is 不食人间烟火.

If I have to choose between Leila or Linda as XLN, I'll choose Linda.
    I agree here. Leila doesn't have the voice, charisma, nor the exotic look of XLN. No offense, but Linda is just not pretty enough. ALl of the current TVBV Siu Fa, I noticed are pretty and cute but once they put on the ancient costume they just can't cut it. Linda, Leila, Bernice, Yumiko, man they all look terrible in ancient clothing. Haven't really seen Kate Tsui nor Niki Chow, maybe they can make it work. Only one I have seen that actually looks better in ancient clothing is Tavia Yeung. I think Tavia or Kate Tsui might be the best bet. Niki Chow is really pretty but I don't think her voice fits, its just too low.